STAR L85 Blowback kit avaliable now!

sadigh

here - blowback kit

Includes pre-cut gearbox shell, and cocking handle. Works via the compression cycle of the mainspring, the notch on the cocking handle gets pulled back by the piston. The cocking handle then returns to its original position via its return spring

guarder (who are somehow affiliated with star) brought out the same their for their AK series, and it basically mashed your internals after a few hundred rounds

it never smashed anything if installed correctly and used with the correct parts(i.e. a quality set of internals)

You are right though becuase it did commonly screw internals if the cut in the reciever was at a wrong angle or you held the bolt foreward and fired(basically pushing the piston the opposite way its attemting to go).

It does seem though that this kit probably wont have those problems seeing that the box is pre-cut so you cant really screw up much besides installing parts wrong.

I think I'm gonna have to send my LSW to a pro. I have no idea how to carry out the upgrade; hell, I have no idea what the insides of the guns are like. Plus, this particular line of weapons are meant to be a nightmare to strip and reassemble.

I guess I should learn sometime. I'd just rather not find out what not to do with the most expensive piece of kit I own :P

Rich::

I've had the autoback bolt in my guarder AKM for quite a while now, I've put a good 6000 shots through it since it was installed and so far it hasn't harmed anything at all inside the mechbox.

Oh yea thats right I bought the guarder pre-cut mechbox thats spossed to go with it! and the right parts! how silly of me for reading instructions!

Oh yea thats right I bought the guarder pre-cut mechbox thats spossed to go with it! and the right parts! how silly of me for reading instructions!

Too right! Which is why I suggest anyone thinking of purchasing the BBK for the STAR SA80 series to upgrade their internals to Fire supports upgrade suggestion as follows:

-Motor for Marui EG1000 Short

-Guarder bushes

-Systema shims

-TM hop rubber

-Marui piston and Piston head

-Spring for either M90 (300ish fps)or M100 (340ish fps) please select

Possibly the only thing for the L85 that isn't rediculously overpriced.

Someone nudge DL he's starting to sound like a stuck record :rolleyes:

Plus, this particular line of weapons are meant to be a nightmare to strip and reassemble.

Not true, I found taking out the gearbox was real easy, actually the entire gun was a joy to strip and work on compared to a Marui gearbox. For one the spring can be removed before you split the gearbox meaning you dont need five hands to hold the spring, cylinder and piston in place whilst trying to get it all back together.

I'll be doing the FS upgrade at the same time as the BBK kit.

I'll be doing the FS upgrade at the same time as the BBK kit.

I fired off an email to Fire Support re the Blow Back Kit and this is what they had to say...

we are unlikey to be stocking the blowback kit as even Guarder (who make good products) does tend to be a bit tempremental, particularly on full auto. The mechanism puts a lot of strain on the piston and piston failures are common enough as it is! The other upgrades are a great improvement on the guns relaibility and pefformance

So perhaps you will have to add it yourself or Z1 may do it?

I'll be willing to fit the kit for anyone who wants it in their star l85, providing they buy the blowback kit beforehand.

The thing I don't understand about firesupports l85 upgrade is the replacement parts they use. The star l85 gearbox uses unique bushings, that are specifically made for the l85 gearbox. I wonder what 'guarder' bushes they are using? :blink:

Also, the star l85 piston is made out of an aluminium alloy, making it very strong indeed. Why do they choose to replace it with an ABS Marui piston? :huh:

Archived