Action vs. Guarder vs. G&P metal kit for TM P226

brgold

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
theres a nice review here.

the only thing ive read regarding problems about KJW P226's is the loading muzzle bit can break, but that can be fixed with a Guarder enhanced loading muzzle.

cheers

Cheers for that mate, I've already seen that reveiw though. Will give it another look though.

What I really want to lnow is how a TM with one of these cheaper kits fitted compares to a KJW.

Of course, its a good learning experience. Before my Sig P226 I had only upgraded the slides. If you have the manual handy you shouldn't have any problems. Some of it is trial and error removing the parts but just for the record.

Remove slide first

Then Assemble new Slide

Then remove hand gaurds on lower receiver

Then remove Trigger unit at the back of the gun along with trigger spring.

Assemble those peices in the new metal slide

Remove Safety/break down catch

Remove complete trigger mech

Assemble in new metal body

Replace hand guard

replace new slide.

Also other mebers will be able to walk you through it if you get into any difficulties

alright, thanks for the tips FarEast.

Badsailor, here on the forums has asked me to build his up the same as mine (Now have the strike tip for it :D ) He doesn't need it till September but if you let me know when you will be working on the kit i can order the parts and do a Photo walkthrough for you.

The slide is easy:

1) Remove spring/guide rod/outer barrel/inner barrel from old slide.

2) Remove two screws at back of cylinder housing. Catch the rod and spring that pop out the front and the rear sight that falls off the back.

3) Remove clip from the inside front of the slide and catch the falling front sight.

4) Reverse process in new slide, stopping to swear at front sight clip that won't ever go in easily.

The frame is more of a problem:

1) Remove grips.

2) Take off decocking lever from left side and trigger bar spring from the right.

3) Push mainspring (hammer spring) assembly up out of the catch at the bottom-back of the grip. Take out mainspring, support and arm.

4) Push out small and large pins at rear of frame that hold in hammer assembly.

5) Remove hammer assembly, catching small spring on left side below triangular piece.

6) Push take-down lever out to Marui's safety position. Look inside for small gray, spring-loaded pin holding take-down lever from coming out completely. Depress lever with screw drive or other small tool and remove TDL.

7) Unscrew hex-head screw on side of frame above the trigger and the phillip's head screw inside the frame at the front of the trigger assembly.

8) Remove trigger assembly catching small spring on left side below the slide-release arm.

9) Remove the long piece that slides down the inside front of the grip and holds the mag release button.

10) Remove mag-release button and unscrew small plate on opposite side.

11) Reverse the process into the new frame.

The only hard step in the whole process in number 11 :P

Watch those small springs, keep each assembly separate and double check your manual (and/or post here) when you have a question.

Reversing 8 can be a pain to get the levers in right and to get it to slide down into the frame. When reversing 5, watch the position of the trigger bar (the long bar that comes out of the trigger assembly on the right side, opposite the slide release bar). I also find pulling the trigger slightly helps align things better. For 3, try to look inside the gun behind the hammer and you will see a small pin that crosses the opening. Slide the mainspring arm up though the slot and the pin should rest in the notch on the end of the arm. Now, slide the spring on, small side first, and put the support under the fat end. Push the support up, compressing the spring, until it slides into the catch on the back of the frame that you removed it from.

Good luck!

Edit: Others can help you with any other mods that they had to do to fit their Guarder kits, but the one that is guaranteed is that the two large raised spots on both sides of the cylinder housing will have to be ground off before putting it into the Guarder slide. You can see the cutouts on the inside of the Marui slide and the lack of these cutouts inside the Gaurder kit.

UnCompany: Guarder silver custom

I believe that this has been "painted" silver since the SV version of the Guarder kit is basically a bare metal, ready-to-paint version. They also have four or five other colors at UnCo.

Other companies would probably do a custom job for you. Airsoft Extreme will do it, but the parts alone will cost you more than the fully assembled UnCo version. Assembly is also very expensive, certainly more than the shipping from HK (actually, if I remember correctly, the amount they quoted me was $75), and I don't think that would include giving it a silver finish.

UnCompany: Guarder silver custom

I believe that this has been "painted" silver since the SV version of the Guarder kit is basically a bare metal, ready-to-paint version.  They also have four or five other colors at UnCo. 

Other companies would probably do a custom job for you.  Airsoft Extreme will do it, but the parts alone will cost you more than the fully assembled UnCo version.  Assembly is also very expensive, certainly more than the shipping from HK (actually, if I remember correctly, the amount they quoted me was $75), and I don't think that would include giving it a silver finish.

cool but are UNCO ok to deal with with me bein in the UK? you ever had any problems with them mate? il prob go for that one in the link you sent me.

cool but are  UNCO ok to deal with with me bein in the UK? you ever had any problems with them mate? il prob go for that one in the link you sent me.

UN company are absolutely fine here in the UK, they're on equal footing with WGC as HK airsoft suppliers go. I've ordered from both shops, the only problem I've ever had was UN Company sending me an incorrect item. After I contacted them about it they told me to return it registered mail and to supply a copy of the postage receipt and they would give me the equivalent in store credit. I had the correct item in my hands within ten days. Great service.

Ok so im at this step:

2006060500020mw.jpg

This is what WGCshop has

p22604a057ih.jpg

Now where exactly do I dremel?

A seprate question, are there any other substances that can be used instead of silicone oil? (which i dont have, hence the question)

Ok forget the slide get rid of it as you don't need it right now!

The part you need to dremel off is highlighted in red:

2006060500020mw2vd.jpg

A seprate question, are there any other substances that can be used instead of silicone oil? (which i dont have, hence the question)

what do you want to use the oil for? Which parts?

I use ceramic grease on the slide and the piston head as it last longer and is better suited for parts that move alot.

Yea i already ordered some, because all the dremeling mixed with the existing lube and screwed it up. So i am finally done with the slide; the frame will have to wait another day.

One more question. How do i take the front sights off?

WOW, I just shot it and there is a world of difference between even the metal slide and the plastic one, simply amazing. I cant wait for my frame to be installed because that is way too complicated for me to do.

WOW, I just shot it and there is a world of difference between even the metal slide and the plastic one, simply amazing. I cant wait for my frame to be installed because that is way too complicated for me to do.

The frame is very easy to do! Also on the slide rails and piston I would use ceramic grease, it will not effect the rubber parts and it will give a better surface coating. Silcon spray is for the other parts such as springs, valvles and the likes.

I dont know, looking at the exploded diagram for the frame it looks alot harder then the slide. Plus I have a game this weekend so i dont want to mess it up and be unable to use it. Could i temporarily use silicon spray for the loading muzzle and the piston? Because i dont have any ceramic grease at the moment and the the muzzle is a little sticky.

Archived