A lovely GBB poll...

ShadowFox

Which GBB should I get?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which GBB should I get?

• 1. Full Metal Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa
    • 2. Full Metal KSC MK23

Having trouble deciding between the two now. To be quite honest, I had forgotten all about the Hi-Capa. And after reading Zen's new post about his pistol dilemma, I went ahead and checked it out ... and fell in love.

So, here is what will actually be each purchase:

Full Metal Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa

--------------------------------------------------

1. Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa

2. PGC Aluminum Slide (Springfield, Black)

3. (2) 31 rd. magazines

4. Nine Ball Magazine Valve (2)

5. Nine Ball Spring Guide Set

Total with Shipping: ~$400

Full Metal KSC MK23 (out in Jan.)

--------------------------------------------------

KSC MK23 - $150.00-$200.00

Shooters Design Phase II Metal Slide- $160.00

Angs Recoil Spring Set - $13.50

KM Hammer Spring - $15.00

KM High Flow Valve (2) - $18.00

28 rd. Magazine (2) - $24.00

Thigh Holster - $35.00

Total with Shipping: ~$590-$610

What to do ... what to do.

EDIT: Edited Hi-Capa 5.1 purchase.

I'm going to say hicapa although I cannot reason spending that much money on a secondary weapon.  Especially since it costs more than my AK47 and almost as much as my G3!

Heh, well I'm going to be buying, well, very nice guns. Already got the first of many purchases concerning my nice AEG, and it ran me about $720. All in all I may end up getting both of those pistols, just very spread apart concerning order time.

But I'm really anxious to see how the KSC MK23 comes out. It is supposedly suppose to have "better" internals and a lower cost. Pretty sure it is going to be worth waiting for :).

EDIT: Just found some more information on the new MK23 (if no one else knows this). The new KSC MK23 SOCOM Hard Kick features big bore cylinder and enlarged zinc magazine that contains 25% more gas than before. The enlarged gas tank is necessary for the big bore cylinder that no doubt allows stronger blowback and perhaps also better performance. KSC has also lowered the retail price slightly to 19,950 Yen (10,864.06 pesos) as a "Thank you" to the customers.

Reference Link: Click Me

ShadowFox, the 2 mags for the Mk23 u've put down as $24, the normal price for the KSC Mk23 mag is around $40 and is out of stock in most places as there's a new one comming out soon. Are you sure you havent confused it with the marui NBB mag as thats around the $20-$30 mark?

I would say go with the Mk23- looks nicer and the marui hi-cap frame looks a bit plasticky imo

ShadowFox, the 2 mags for the Mk23 u've put down as $24, the normal price for the KSC Mk23 mag is around $40 and is out of stock in most places as there's a new one comming out soon. Are you sure you havent confused it with the marui NBB mag as thats around the $20-$30 mark?

I would say go with the Mk23- looks nicer and the marui hi-cap frame looks a bit plasticky imo

Noticed that when it was too late to edit it. Yeah, they're actually going to me around $38 a piece. Total should be around $630.00 - $650.00 for the MK23.

I was having a scan on the WGC website and found the Hi-capa custom and i must say that it looks great with a Silver metal slide.

It's in the TM custom pistols section

Details below

Package Includes:

- Marui HI-CAPA 5.1

- Metal Slide ( Any PGC-SL-TMHC Series )

- Hi-Flow Valve ( NB-PT-MHCV )

- Free Installation

- Fine Tuned with Light & Short Trigger Pull

- Suitable for IPSC Competition

US$241.00

Imho get the upgraded hicapa, and then get the new mk23 in stick form, which would roughly be the same price as the fully upgraded mk23 on your list.

I voted MK23 because it looks nicer, but then I saw this and I must say that this is the way I'd go, actually.

Pick up an enhanced recoil spring set for the MK23, but then leave it stock apart from that.

wow... since i upgraded my TM GBB M9 with pdi piston head, valve and inner barrel i'd have to vote the TM. TM's been so good to me, btw my M9 is still all plastic, and with the valve it works fine somehow... a crank of green gas even works now and then... TM is the shizz - consider $100-150 extra you pay when your KSC MK-23 breaks down.

If you want value for money, easy upgrading, and awesome performance, the Hi-Capa is for you. The Hi-Capa is a must-buy, you might as well buy it now, so you don't have to kick yourself later for not getting it sooner.

The new Mk23 sounds very promising indeed, and I'm gonna get one myself as soon as I can. But honestly, I doubt it'll be nearly as good a performer as the Hi-Capa, particularly in cold weather. Then again, maybe it'll be KSC's answer to the Hi-Capa, and it'll turn out to be totally awesome. We don't know this.

I'm a little puzzled with your Hi-Capa upgrade choices though. Why the recoil guide? The stock one is solid metal - probably monkey metal, but it feels very heavy and solid, and it looks great. Just get a spring. And why no upgrade hammer spring? If you're getting valves, you should also get a stronger hammer spring for max performance. On DEN, you can get an IS spring set for $6 that includes 150% recoil and hammer spring.

Any particular reason you don't want a PDI piston head? You gonna go for an industrial o-ring instead?

The PGC slide is probably good... but I can vouch for the Shooters Design slide. Only thing is the front sight fits on too loose, so you'll need a drop of some sort of adhesive to fix that (but this is normal even on real-steel slides). I must say the PGC slide's finish looks a little gritty..

As for the Mk23 upgrades, I've heard good things about the Shooters Design spring set (includes both hammer and recoil springs). Also makes sense that the SD springs would be better for the SD slide...

But then, it's not certain that any of the current upgrades are even compatible with the new Mk23, have you considered that? My guess is it comes with stronger stock recoil springs - maybe it'll need even stronger upgraded springs than what are currently available for it. I think there may also be a good chance of the current metal slides not being compatible with the new Mk23, since it has a different blowback mechanism. Time will tell.

Well, I have decided on what I am going to do concerning this matter. I will be purchasing both of these pistols. Like a couple said would be a good idea, I will be purchasing the Hi-Capa with all the upgrades and then the stock MK23; just in case like Utty said, the parts for the current MK23 are not compatible with the new MK23.

In the end, the final financing is as follows:

[1] Tokyo Marui HI-CAPA 5.1 (Link) - $117.50

[1] PGC Springfield Aluminum Slide (Link) - $100.00

[2] Tokyo Marui 31 rd. Magazine (Link) - $54.00 ($27.00 per)

[1] Guarder 150% Enhanced Recoil & Hammer Spring (Link) - $9.60

[2] Nine Ball Magazine Valve (Link) - $47.00 ($23.50 per)

Total amount for purchase: ~$370.00

The new KSC MK23 is supposedly $192.00 for the gun. However, I don't know about the magazines, but I'm think perhaps around $35-$40 per. So, looking at about $280-$310 I think.

Anyone want to recommend anything else for the purchase? I would like to keep the purchase to be all from one site for shipping reasons. And Utty, I couldn't find the Shooters Design slide on WGC. However, I'm probably going to be polishing the PGC one so it won't look gritty. I was also considering buying the silver Springfield one since that does quite nice.

EDIT: Also, does anyone know where I can get the silencer adapter for the HI-CAPA 5.1? Going to go with the MGS3 look :).

Archived