G36 KV battery stock wiring

n00bTard

Ok, I recently purchased a KV battery stock for my AG36 - I wanted to use a large 3300 mah battery, but was hesitant to rewire my gun to use deans or T connectors. I also didn't want to buy a new battery or rewire my old bats either.

So this is what I came up with. My local Radio Shack sells tamiya 'extention cords' - basically large male to female tamiya wire - about 13 inches or so. I plugged this into the default wires with fuse in the handguard to look like this:

KVstockwiring.jpg

The black cord is the 'extension cord'. I then dropped down my gearbox and ran this overtop of it and out the provided hole in the back of the receiver and into my stock.

KVstockwiring1.jpg

It works perfectly, and if I want to go back to using a 1700 mah battery in the handguard, all I do is disconnect the extension cord and plug the battery in. Total cost for parts was less than 4$ - and you can get similar parts on cheapbatterypacks.com for even less. All you need is some red and black 16awg wire and the tamiya connectors.

A quick, easy and great solution for me. I hope this helps somebody...

Oh, I should mention - to run the wire above your mechbox and out the back, just fold your stock - and then on the back of the receiver is one hex screw - if you remove this hexscrew, then remove your magwell pin and magwell, your gearbox will easily rotate down so that you can run the wire over it and out the provided hole in the back of the receiver (at least, this works on CAs - I can't speak for TMs but I assume it would be similar)

Oh, another helpful tip - This thead helped me greatly, acting almost as a take-down guide (even though its actually a reveiw). There are detailed pics of how to get the gearbox safely out of the way while doing this wiring job.

Archived