UTG & CYMA

CountDoom

Hi there.

I have been scanning around for a well priced AEG to buy myself and I for my birthday (As if my granny is going to buy me an AK-47 replica! :pirate:)

So anyway... I came up with a few alternatives, the CYMA Ak-47 series (The CM 0.28 or similar), the UTG Warhawk or the UTG MP5.

Although I have read reviews on them all, I would like some info on comparisons, I don't want to be spending £120 on something I could buy for £90 somewhere else or end up with something that costs the same as, but is well under the preformance of another model.

If you want to suggest another model in the same price range please feel free.

As for that, any impressions on the UTG Warhawk, UTG MP5 and CYMA 0.28 would be REALLY appreciated, if you have handled more than one of them, the power of christ compels you to tell me about your experience :D .

P.S. If I was to go for the CYMA 0.28, folding stock or full stock? Considering there is no large battery compartment in either, I am leaning towards the folding stock, but is it just cheap and plasticky?

P.S. 2 What makes the above three models inferior to their TM counterparts?

Thanks tons.

CD

Edit: Retailer suggestions in Britain would also be really helpful!

The CYMA AK is considered to be much better than the UTG. They are inferior to Marui's mainly due to the Quality Control, with Marui it is highly unlikely to get a lemon, but with the UTG and CYMA, it is much more likely that you will have a problematic gun. There are a few threads that compare them around Arnies I think.

UTG has a much higher error percentage then CYMA. I've actually never heard of someone getting a lemon with one of the new CYMA's.

one of the Cyma 028 gearboxes i got had screwed up gears if that had been in an 028 rather than just a gearbox it would have constituded a lemon and left someone with a bad day, some of them seem to have an issue with the mag feed/air nozzle (no issues with mine) again would have consititued a lemon

performance is better than the marui equiv, external build materials are on par (save foregrips are a little more flexible and the front metal work finish is a little too glossy and cheap looking)

theres nothing on them that I wouldnt consider cheap and quick to fix provided the buyer is willing/capable of doing so.

If the buyer isnt up for that then the marui still has its place as a decent buying option.

a shop with a warranty helps (but only if the buyer has the patience to use it - quite often folks will decide to just jump in with both feet invalidating any warranty in the process)

Well i have the UTG mp5 and I am pretty happy with it. I paid $110 for it on ShortyUSA.com but you can get it cheaper.

I personally recommend the cm.028 because you can get them on ebay from the store Airsoftmall for $80 shipped via best offer option. It is also comes with the highest stock fps (about 285 or something in that range) and it has a high metal content so to answer your question about being cheap and plasticy, the answer is no.

And what the other thing that makes them inferior besides the percentage of lemons is how long they will last. A tokyo Marui may have 80,000 shots through it and still shoot like the day you got it, but with a cyma or UTG its doubtful you will get that result. And dent think you wont ever shoot 80,000 shots because you go through bb's way faster than you would think.

I have both the utg mp5 and the cyma aks. I would recomend the cyma because of these reasons.

1. Shoots harder stock

2. Reinforced gears

3. Like it better than a mp5--personal preference :D

4. you can easily paint over the bad looking gloss black paint

Reasons to get the utg

1. externals are nice

2. Stock wobbles on the aks--that's more like a con for the aks, but who cares?

3. You get more accessories with the utg.

Archived