Redwolf US Customs Alert

Guinness

Not sure where to bring this up, so mods feel free to move it-

I ordered the new KSC M1911 the second it was available from Redwolf a few weeks ago and I never received the gun. A DHL shipping bag with an empty KSC M1911 box yes, replica Airsoft gun......no.

Since that time I have heard from my good friend ORCA and others that Redwolf has been 'targeted' for increased scrutiny by US Customs, I do not know for sure if that is the case, I am hoping that by starting this thread any of us with similar experiences can learn from each other. Again apologies if this issue has been covered elsewhere here.

When I realized I had been 'ripped off' I immediately sent contact mail to DHL and Redwolf Airsoft of course. DHL told me that they could not start a claim from the receiving party, only the original shipper could open a claim. Redwolf told me that they felt that Customs probably confiscated the gun and that I would receive a letter from US Customs. I have not received any letter and it has been 3 weeks now. Then I received an email from Redwolf saying that they now think that it was not Customs, and that the gun had been stolen before it got to me. They said "keep looking for a letter from U.S. Customs though just in case and we'll be in touch" -That was 2 weeks ago.

Anyone else had this happen? Honestly, I guess I have kind of mentally written this off and was prepared to accept that I would not see that $150 again- but it is kind of starting to ###### me off the more I think about it. More from the aspect of "Well, does this mean no more Airsoft? no more guns with trademarks? only use WGC or Den Trinity?" I don't know-

If anyone has a similar story then maybe we could compile them here to present to Redwolf to get a resolution.

Thanks in advance m8's!

-G

Yeah here was the posting on ASR about it where "Redwolf" responded to the issue directly.

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/index.php?topic=3749.0

It seems items are now going through again from RW. But that doesn't help our pal Guinness.

So rather then point to what's already been posted, are there any peeps out there that specifically had their stuff seized by U.S. customs coming in from Redwolf and did they eventually get their stuff or a refund, etc. etc.?

From what I know about U.S. Customs is this was an actual trademark violation, there may be no recourse. But since U.S. Customs has yet to communicate with Guinness we can only guess what happened.

Yeah this post probably belongs in a dif section.

Thats why I don't take any chances and get all my airsoft from Scorpion Airsoft. They have everything that WGC, UNCompany, RedWolf has at their prices minus the high shipping.

Oh and all of their guns have trademarks ;).

Sorry to hear about losing your gun Guinness, I hope it is all resolved and you either get a refund or a new gun.

• 1 month later...

Here is the Redwolf Vs. Customs thread, I started 2 months ago. http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...topic=62024&hl=

Everything worked out. It took a while, but Redwolf came through and sent me a new gun.

It doesn't matter who you order from. If it's from over seas sooner or later Customs will get a bug up their *albatross* and go after the HK shipments..

Thanks

Mike

Archived