Weak ICS AK74?

puff

About a week ago i recieved my new ICS ak74 in the mail. the first thing i did was put in my freshly charged battery and start shooting soda cans but i realized even from up close it wasn't shooting through one side of the can. is this normal and if it isn't then what could be the problem.

i have an ICS MP5 and it shoots through both sides of a soda can no problem.

Any help would be appreciated!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
About a week ago i recieved my new ICS ak74 in the mail. the first thing i did was put in my freshly charged battery and start shooting soda cans but i realized even from up close it wasn't shooting through one side of the can. is this normal and if it isn't then what could be the problem.

i have an ICS MP5 and it shoots through both sides of a soda can no problem.

Any help would be appreciated!

nope, that sounds duff.

what kinda range are you getting with it? you should be getting 20meters easy

what type of cans were they btw? if they were some odd-kind, they could well be thicker than Cocacola cans.

My ak74 shoots 315 fps consistantly.

Sounds like you've got a duffer.

best bet would be to send it back, and tell them to either fix it, or send a fresh one out (latter being preferable)

it seems the new ICS AKM 74 does have really weak power. Mine couldn't shoot through one side of the coke can either, so that puts the power around 250 or lower. The hop up and ROF are all fine. Don't know about range since I haven't shot it outside yet. Maybe we should ask ICS about this.

yea the cans were empty and they had no previous dents in them or anything like that. i also think that it would be cheaper to just get a more powerful spring instead of returning it. if anybody has a link to a spring installation guide for an ak, could you please post it? thank you!

Archived