Star FNC

gunner-airsoft

Today I am lucky enough to touch the STAR FNC aeg phototype.

the gun is a short version, all metal construction (aluminium lower and stamped steel upper), it has a plastic gearbox as STAR always do. I looked inside the ejection port and realized this is not a VER2 or 3 gear box, it is made specially for this gun and have 3 round burst mechanism (not electronics!!).

hope Star will make it into mass production soon.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean really - STAR used those CYMA "XYZ" Steel gears in their G36 line.

WTF?!?!

Those gears are in a gun that costs $3000HKD, - yet the CYMA uses them and is only $500HKD.

Plus the CYMA works better - the motor doesn't ###### out and the bushings last longer.

You know, I've never actually heard of a Star plastic gearbox breaking. I've talked to some local retailers, and they were pretty surprised...they've got an L85 carbine at 450fps and a custom 9.6v battery.

Have heard (literally) and seen to the contrary...

I could live without a burst function if it means a NORMAL, METAL gearbox version...

I really want to see an FNC but after all of my experiences with STAR AEGs I personally will wait for ANYONE else to make one.

And yes... Star Plastic gearboxes break. If it was some other company who packed a normal metal gearbox with wood chips insead of internals I would buy it in a moment and just put quality internals in it but with an easily broken gearbox there is really nothing much you can do with it.

Today I am lucky enough to touch the STAR FNC aeg phototype.

the gun is a short version, all metal construction (aluminium lower and stamped steel upper), it has a plastic gearbox as STAR always do. I looked inside the ejection port and realized this is not a VER2 or 3 gear box, it is made specially for this gun and have 3 round burst mechanism (not electronics!!).

hope Star will make it into mass production soon.

I'd like to see it at least. Possibly more than I'd like to see the blonde twins from Pat Sharp's fun house gettin' jiggy with each other.

Well think about this Star has only been in the AEG market for less than 2 years(correct me if im wrong).

Remember people that Classic Army too had crappy *albatross* guns and it was only after a good number of years did their AEGs actually begin to get good.

Oh yah and classic army did a large amount of copying TM's internals and still sucked.

Besides how many people actually own a star gun and whine about the crappy QC.

We can't pass judgement yet, we'll just have to wait and see.

Well think about this Star has only been in the AEG market for less than 2 years(correct me if im wrong).

Remember people that Classic Army too had crappy *albatross* guns and it was only after a good number of years did their AEGs actually begin to get good.

Oh yah and classic army did a large amount of copying TM's internals and still sucked.

Besides how many people actually own a star gun and whine about the crappy QC.

We can't pass judgement yet, we'll just have to wait and see.

True, but every player I know who owns a Star AEG bitchs about them. Including me. :P

Also how dare you ignore my attempts to hi-jack this thread & start some debauchery. :)

I'll stick with my Asahi FNC.

I've got a STAR L85, and it is well-built....externally. Haven't shot it enough to really give objective data on how long the internals lasted, but it shoots pretty well, although I wasn't impressed by the looks of the internals upon taking apart the mechbox (had to readjust the hopup alignment which was not centered like it should have been out-of-the-box).

Archived