Marushin M2 Carbine GBB

Vektor

There was a topic made about new Marushin releases some time ago, but that really was such a long, long time ago, I posted this on separate topic. Besides, it´s been boring news season for couple of past months already, so...

After fairly long wait it finally looks like Marushin is getting their M2 Carbine 8mm GBB version out in late September. LA Gunshop and Mojji has the news in their news pages,

LA Gunshop

Mojji fax sheet

I doubt this piece will make a big impression on skirmishers, but still it´s nice to see more realistic version of this handy gun (Marushin´s earlier M1 Carbine was a pump action repeater, not selfloader like real gun) in the market. I wonder if it accepts original M1 magazines?

what round was the original m2 chambered for?

I am REALLY hoping this takes m1 style mags, as I could do with a nice semi auto carbine... Had an 8mm m1 carbine a while back, and it was a lovely piece of kit, so here's hoping...

Chances are gas efficiency/consistency will drop off though, unfortunately...

the 8mm m1 was a surprising powerful gun- pretty accurate in stock form too :)

obviously its no competition for a real sniper rifle, but then, it is supposed to be a carbine, and what you lose in accuracy/power, you make up with the fact it was a perfect scout/recon gun due to its comparative small size and sturdiness- I'd have no problem throwing that baby all over the place, and you don't need to worry about it snagging on stuff.

oh, and the fact it was all wood/metal was extremly sexeh, plus it was the only gun I've ever owned that I was able to totally strip down to nothing and fix without anything catastrophic happening- no mean feat for old Banana Fingers, if I do say so myself...

i think you'll find this probably won't be gbb, what it says on both pages is gas blk which would mean it's gas and that it's black of which it is just with wood furniture, so it probably will still be a reapeter

when mojji say gas blk they mean gas blowback, else they would just say gas gun.

I would also love to see this as gbb, i love the carbine and was going to get one of the older ones, but then a mate got it and said it wasn't as fun as it could be at semi auto. Just a shame they are still insisting on 8mm, makes it difficult to find a site to use it, or atleast that was his problem when he had his.

Not sure it will be fully auto though as didn't they say shortly after their release of the garand that they would be making a similar m1 carbine? although that might be a figment of my imagenation/dreams.

First Factory reports on the Marushin M2 Carbine:

Semi or Full Auto Select Fire Gas Blowback 8mm.

Real Wood Stock. Full Metal Reciever.

When released price will be approx 40,000 Yen

They claim to receive these around September 2006

I really want one of these, would go good with the M1919A4 (see my thread in Tech. Disc.) but isnt Marushin's blowback a little screwy? Ive heard things about the Garand and the up-coming 1911...

As long as the blowback's ok, Id get it. Marushin makes good-quality stuff. Very few leaks.

what round was the original m2 chambered for?

I am REALLY hoping this takes m1 style mags, as I could do with a nice semi auto carbine... Had an 8mm m1 carbine a while back, and it was a lovely piece of kit, so here's hoping...

Chances are gas efficiency/consistency will drop off though, unfortunately...

30 carbine... it is 30 caliber in diameter and about as long as the fat part on .223/5.56mm brass.

• 4 weeks later...
You said that First Factory will get them in Sept. 2006. Well does that mean that other websites like Redwolf and UNCompany where you can actually read what they say will sell them then as well?

Wow not bad. 350 bucks for a GBB M2 Carbine. I'd buy it provided I can find money in my ever so expensive future college life :D

You said that First Factory will get them in Sept. 2006. Well does that mean that other websites like Redwolf and UNCompany where you can actually read what they say will sell them then as well?

I didn't say FF was getting the M2's in Sept 2006. FF did.

RW and UN being in Hong Kong will be 1-2 weeks later in getting any Japanese release then First Factory which is in Japan.

No change in info regarding the M2, on the FF website as of today.

Archived