Should I buy the ICS M4A1 or the CA MP5SD5

tmonkey

My mate had an ICS M4, he did sell it after its first skirmish. But I think thats more him than the M4 being crappy. According to most accounts its a brilliant gun, if you sort out a couple of niggles. The hop up and the tappet plate will need replacing.

Most after market parts for TM M4 series will fit, mostly with little or no modification.

A worthwhile investment is a sling because its a heavy bugger!

From personal experience...

When I got my CA MP5 SD6 it had a bunch of loose screws in the receiver and the gearbox. Also, the hi-cap magazine internals were in bits inside the mag.

If I hadn't checked it out and fixed it up then the gearbox would, most likely, have failed due to the loose screws.

I stripped the gun down and tightened all the screws and generals gave the gun a once-over.

I now have an absolutely awesome AEG. It shoots right on 1J straight out of the box, is accurate as hell and looks terrific too. I would recommend the CA MP5 to anybody so long as they are prepared to do the work to ensure it is built properly.

Beyond that, After about 10,000 shots my spring guide broke. This is almost inevitable on a CA MP5 as far as I know.

It broke.

I realised what had happened.

I swore a lot.

I stopped trying to shoot the gun.

I replaced the spring guide.

I was happy again.

I did not carry on trying to fire the gun and fry the electrics. I did not try to take it apart with a multi-tool and a hammer. I did not lose half the bits and still expect it to work.

Broken spring guides are, to CA guns, as broken tappet plates are to ICS guns. Basically, a fact of life.

Having said all that, I understand that the ICS MP5 is a lot easier to strip down and upgrade but I could recommend the CA MP5 to anybody who is prepared to look after it.

To be honest, there is a also a certain amount of street-cred attached to owning a CA gun which is powerful, reliable and good-looking too. People almost expect CA guns to look rough as hell and die after about 50 shots. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I'm a complete idiot in AEG, I wanna know if Classic army M4 (whatever they call it) any good. From the people that sells airsoft to me, they said its junk. The motor mount are unreliable, everything breaks, and the parts are not compatible with Marui. Can you guys shine some truth to that, thanks

I bought a CA M15A4 RIS only a week or so ago, so far its been to one skirmish, and so far I am very impressed. Its accuracy, range, rate of fire and build quality are all top notch, the hop is sensitive, but it still works fine.

Only thing left to find out about is its reliability, but hopefully it will be up to par with the rest of the gun.

I got a ics m4 ris with fixed stock(c15),,, and I think it's really good...althou the black on the receiver seem to be a bit grey....really solid gun and I like it...

but I dun have the CA m15 so can't compare...

Archived