Matrix vs UTG?

Endospore

Which is the more reliable/better quality of the two?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the more reliable/better quality of the two?

• Matrix
    • UTG

So I was browsing Evike.com looking for my next order (GBB and some SWAT patches :D ) and I saw the brand Matrix. They've got some awesome looking AEG's for a very small price (like $80 for an AK47). But, the price almost seems too cheap. UTG also makes an AK47 that looks pretty nice, but it is more expensive.

So, my noobish question for the day: Wot @m b3st gun? Of the two brands, which makes the "better" quality wise? Just give me some opinions please :)

Please Note: I'm not looking to skirmish big time with these. I already have my CA M15 for that :) What I am looking for is some new styles of gun to play around with, but without paying the Tokyo Marui prices.

Very nice scientific formula there :P

I thought UTG was higher quality that WELL. My dad has a UTG MP5 (version 2) and it works fine. The range is only about 90 feet and FPS is maybe 250, but it takes other magazines just fine. He's looking into upgrading it right now.

So how about build quality with internals and externals?

Hmmmm... if it was only so simple.

You have to do more research, I'm afraid. Matrix is like Evike's house brand name for other manufacturers stuff and, in the past, this has included CYMA and WELL. The problem is this: The older Cyma / Well AK's had plastic gearboxes, and I believe these were sold as the "Matrix" AK in both wood and black. IF the cheaper "Matrix" AK you are looking at is the older plastic gearbox model, then the UTG will be much better (Metal Gear Box > Plastic). If these are now the new CYMA metal gearbox versions, then the CYMA is better...

Good Luck

Yeah, I haven't done a lot of research on it yet, apart from things said on forums here and there. But, I decided to ask incase someone had a clear cut answer.

Thanks for your help guys, that answers the general base of it :) More opinions are welcome though.

UTG is not just WELL. Their MP5 is an upgraded WELL R-5. Their M324 is an upgraded (very little amount of upgrades) DE M05. Their shotguns are upgraded DE M47's. Their AK's are upgraded DE M87's. I dont know about their spring MP5. But I bet they stripped the AEG internals and put spring ones.

But, they are better then MATRIX.

Archived