the UKASC migration thread

Rack

C'mon, I can't be the only one. ASCUK has gone AWOL permanently coutesy of a few bitchy individuals. To be honest I never liked their moderating scheme even though there were out to do a job, so I'm quite happy Ive finally made it over here. Seems a 'nicer' forum by far.

Anybody else decided on a forum switch? I was 'Rackendall' on ASCUK and UKAN, btw.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We welcome all shapes and sizes here. Hell, Sledge is here, so that has to say something...

Seriously though, you're more than welcome here - but let's leave any criticisms of people who aren't here to defend themselves off the forums, alright? We try to keep things friendly here - and we're trying to push at the moment to ensure that even the regulars get the message in that department... :)

I'm actually quite saddened to see ASCUK to go as it served an invaluable place in the UK airsoft scene. In all honesty I'm sure it'll be back sooner than later, even if that should be under different ownership / hosting, as I can't see either UKAN or Arnies filling the void which it has left.

Anyhow, back on topic - welcome to Arnies. I hope you enjoy your stay. :)

Been here longer than on ukasc and, frankly, I'm not surprised it went down given the way it was rundown by some people - and having a "god" complex didn't help either.

Sad it's gone but in the end I'm not THAT bothered. And I'll probably get banned from UKAN for this post but hey, s**t happens, and at my age I have bigger and better things to worry about.

We welcome all shapes and sizes here. Hell, Sledge is here, so that has to say something...

Seriously though, you're more than welcome here - but let's leave any criticisms of people who aren't here to defend themselves off the forums, alright? We try to keep things friendly here - and we're trying to push at the moment to ensure that even the regulars get the message in that department... :)

I'm actually quite saddened to see ASCUK to go as it served an invaluable place in the UK airsoft scene. In all honesty I'm sure it'll be back sooner than later, even if that should be under different ownership / hosting, as I can't see either UKAN or Arnies filling the void which it has left.

Anyhow, back on topic - welcome to Arnies. I hope you enjoy your stay. :)

See? Nice forum. A personal welcome from a supermod, I'm honoured, Sir.

ASCUK did indeed serve its place and I'm eternally grateful for the many hours of forum trawling it gave me, not to mention my fun in the sales forums.

But indeed, time to move on. Thanks fellas!

(btw, Im already wasting all my money on two Nexus weekenders and taking my team to Fireball International, so sorry sledge, no Arnie-Geddon!)

its a damn shame but thanks for the welcome. I personally was 'Prolific' on ASCUK, I'm also going to be on UKAN a little now aswell.

All I can say is its a damn shame that someone would hack a site like that (if indeed thats what happened). Its tantamount to theft really when one considers that the ASCUK admins paid for that forum. If the person who did it reads this, then I hope they take a long hard look at themselves, and contemplate fully what they've actually done and the possible ramifications if one of the ASCUK chaps ever catches up with you...which I hope they do.

See?  Nice forum.  A personal welcome from a supermod, I'm honoured, Sir. 

(btw, I'm already wasting all my money on two Nexus weekenders and taking my team to Fireball International, so sorry sledge, no Arnie-Geddon!)

There's nowt super about me, or moddy for that matter - I'm just a regular bloke who got asked to help out as I can be patient and level-headed from time to time...

...But you'll see that at Fireball. Four Man Jihad will be attending (myself, Ubar, M^tt and Joeking27), so you'll probably get to see me there - just look for the chap dressed up in the most inappropriate russian camo for the event and that'll be me.

I'm afraid you'll be dissapointed though - usual response I get off people who meet me for the first time is 'oh...you're shorter than I thought...' <_>

Oh, just noticed this is in the general discussion bit - sorry chaps but I think I'd best shift it to the off-topic section, before I get moaned at for not doing my job properly. Sorry. :D

Nice? Us? Aw, shucks. :blush:

Anyhoo, welcome aboard, please don't feed the geardos. :)

:zorro:

so sigged...

Welcome aboard mate... I have and account on EVERY major forum... most of the accounts have only around 20 post tops... here I have almost 3K....speaks for its self...

Hi to all,

I've been scanning these forums since Elite Action Games came over here, and it is a friendly place that welcomes all airsofters interested in the game for its own good. Banter light hearted and good ( well it is @ EAG :P )

I'm part of a team from Ford Airsoft, in Sussex UK, and we've started a section in Teams & Players, all very helpful with set up etc.

It's nice to be over here :)

Jimbo

I hope the Town Assault organising people come here.

I personally only ever registerred on ASCUK to sell a gun, it didn't sell though :(

Yeer I hope that if they don't get it up again they put the Distant- thunder boards up on here, those private boards were great for talking about team tactics.

There's nowt super about me, or moddy for that matter - I'm just a regular bloke who got asked to help out as I can be patient and level-headed from time to time...

*Looks shiftily at great big 'GLOBAL MODERATOR ' sign.*

Are you sure? :huh:

Sorry you had to move it, I've still gotta find my way around here, it's set out mighty different from what I'm used. See you at Fireball then! I'll be the bloke trying to organise the rabble that call themselves EAGLE 22 :D

edit: to keep on topic and to answer crandall's question, ASCUK was closed in a very odd way without warning my the owners, who instead of just telling us, put strange codes, gloating messages and bizzarre videos on a very gothy black main page along with a load of stuff about an 'all seeing eye'. Thats why tons of people thought it had been hacked. There is new message on the page by way of explanation up now.

Im not sure that the current message on ASCUK is actually set by the moderators. I noted the line about multi-million pound mansion and thought "that sounds like major sarcasm on the part of the hacker".

Not for a second do I believe that is a genuine message by the ASCUK mods.

And I fully agree, ASCUK has a valaable place in airsoft, as does Arnies. I use both :)

Hi to all,

I've been scanning these forums since Elite Action Games came over here, and it is a friendly place that welcomes all airsofters interested in the game for its own good. Banter light hearted and good ( well it is @ EAG  :P  )

I'm part of a team from Ford Airsoft, in Sussex UK, and we've started a section in Teams & Players, all very helpful with set up etc.

It's nice to be over here  :)

Jimbo

Good point that actually jimbo - if anyone wants a subforum setting up for their team, site, or whatever feel free to pm the admins (R22Master or Arnie) with a request. They both have a lot of work on their plates in real life, but they get around to sorting you out as soon as they can - also bear in mind that if a lot of people want them setting up at the moment, it might take longer to sort you all out.

Im not sure that the current message on ASCUK is actually set by the moderators.  I noted the line about multi-million pound mansion and thought "that sounds like major sarcasm on the part of the hacker". 

Not for a second do I believe that is a genuine message by the ASCUK mods.

And I fully agree, ASCUK has a valaable place in airsoft, as does Arnies.  I use both :)

No the message is genuine.

View the source to read between the lines. ASCUK has, was and always will of been privately funded.

Choose "view page source" on the page and you'll see more text thats hidden

I hope all you troublecausers, rumour mongers and just plain old ###### merchants are very proud of yourselves. (Oh the irony :) )

You know who you are. Well done indeed. (You want it that bad, take it and shove it up your *albartroth*)

I'm off to hide in the Bahamas in my multi-million pound mansion, bought with all the money I took from the retailers and sites.(Not a penny by my reckoning)

Welcome to everyone who's just posted. You're all more than welcome here, even if it's just while ASCUK is sorted (not trying to suggest I know why it's closed - I don't, I just believe that regardless it'll be back in the long term).

5thelement: Just stuck that in quotes before any tired mod goes and deletes it, mistaking it for abuse.

Just as a request chaps, I know there's a lot of hoo-ah at the moment understandably regarding what's happened with ASCUK, but can we try and keep the thread geared around welcoming new folks etc, rather than trying to work out who or what has closed it?

I appreciate it's something a lot of people, but I think it's probably best to avoid speculating until the facts come to light. I'm sure they will, sooner or later. :)

I just got back from 2 weeks away and hadnt been on there yet to check various things. It's a shame, as some sub forums for sites / events were only on there and no where else. It also had an excellent sniper haven too. Hopefully some of the info might be moved elsewhere as a lot of content was useful plus the for sale / wanted section.

Guess i will continue to use here, and make more use of UKAN again then now.

Archived