CA M15 CQB vs TM M4-S vs G&P CQBR

tgrillo

I cant decide between these three, here is the deal:

I am 70% performance, and 30% looks when I make my decision. I want something that will be reliable, shoot far (at least be able to make 20% hits at 130 feet), can feed all the time (I hate misfeeds), looks cool (all three are nice), and wont make too much of a dent on my wallet.

Which one is best for me? Anyone here have a CA M15 CQB (this and the M4-S are the two I'm most interested in)? Only 1-2 reviews on the net have range tests, and both were lacking. Can someone with a CQB take tests at 30ft, 70ft, 100ft, 130ft, and 150ft please? Adjust the hopup first, and just fire ten shots for each range. I will give a +1rep to anyone that can help with this.

I'm not a newb, but I figured any kind of "VS" question belongs in here, haha :P

Thanks

I cant decide between these three, here is the deal:

I am 70% performance, and 30% looks when I make my decision.  I want something that will be reliable, shoot far (at least be able to make 20% hits at 130 feet), can feed all the time (I hate misfeeds), looks cool (all three are nice), and wont make too much of a dent on my wallet.

Which one is best for me?  Anyone here have a CA M15 CQB (this and the M4-S are the two I'm most interested in)?  Only 1-2 reviews on the net have range tests, and both were lacking.  Can someone with a CQB take tests at 30ft, 70ft, 100ft, 130ft, and 150ft please?  Adjust the hopup first, and just fire ten shots for each range.  I will give a +1rep to anyone that can help with this.

I'm not a newb, but I figured any kind of "VS" question belongs in here, haha  :P

Thanks

I have a TM M4S and a CA M15A4 SPC.

The S-system looks really good in my opinion, if it had a metal body and shot 328fps, I couldnt ask for anything better. For reliabilityand performance, the s-system is your best bet. However, CA rifles can be just as good, as long as nothing goes wrong. It can be hit or miss when purchasing a CA weapon. However, the metal body and out of the box 328fps is something to consider.

The CA CQB also takes a better battery, with the crane stock. But the TM M4S has special ability of being able to place a small battery (no more than 1100mah) in the front end. Rather than the need for a PEQ Box.

Its a difficult decision, and really depends on what you are looking for. If you want reliability and good looks then the S-system is a vote winner. But if you want good looks and great performance then you might consider the CA CQB.

Hope this helps.

I own both, and honestly, I like the CA better. With the 7mm gearbox and other factory upgrades, it's really a better gun. This is of course stock.

However, I've found that the CA is much more acceptant of upgrades. I like both, but if I chose one, it would be the CA.

kyoppo, you have the m15cqb and the M4-S?

Thats wierd, because renegade recon claims 10hit 0miss hits at 100 feet with the m4-s, but in the asr review by TehLlama of the M15CQB, he got 1hit 2miss at 100 feet. He says the range/accuracy weren't that great.

Is your CQB and M4-S both stock? If they are, could you do me a favor and do a side by side range test for me? I'd really appreciate it, and I'll give you a +1 haha. Also, since the M4-S has V hop, isnt that also helpful for you in the range/accuracy? If you could do that range/accuracy test for me, it would be able to clear that up for me :)

Yah, this is a tough decision <_<

kyoppo, you have the m15cqb and the M4-S?

Thats wierd, because renegade recon claims 10hit 0miss hits at 100 feet with the m4-s, but in the asr review by TehLlama of the M15CQB, he got 1hit 2miss at 100 feet.  He says the range/accuracy weren't that great.

Is your CQB and M4-S both stock?  If they are, could you do me a favor and do a side by side range test for me?  I'd really appreciate it, and I'll give you a +1 haha.  Also, since the M4-S has V hop, isnt that also helpful for you in the range/accuracy?  If you could do that range/accuracy test for me, it would be able to clear that up for me  :)

Yah, this is a tough decision  <_<

Sorry, neither of my weapons are stock. I had them both preupgraded at the retailer I ordered from. I skirmish mainly with the CA. The only nice thing about the TM is that after a long day of skirmishing, the plastic lightness of the TM is a welcoming change.

Both guns are very accurate and I've never had hop up problems with either. CA had their hop ups redesigned so they don't have any problems.

I live in an apartment, so....I can't do the test, but I'll try this weekend.

If you want range...my vote goes for the Marui

My M733 when it was stock outranged almost all CA M15's (some upgraded firing around 350-400, some stock) except the rifle version.

Upgraded it to 1J and it outranges the rifle version.

Upgraded it with an FTK and tightbore...and well you get the idea.

Also, when I mean outrange, I mean the semi-effective range that you can actually hit something ~15-20%, not just how far you can lob a BB and hope to hit something >5% of the time.

Hey, I've spotted nothing about G&P so...

I've got a G&P M4, and have found it very accurate compared to friends' TM M4s, The metal body makes it much more resiliant to skirmishing, but as mentioned previously the weight is important too, as I find my arms tired after lugging it around, compared to my plastic body light as hell but very reliable TM MP5A5 that I've had for about 5 years.

The crane stock on the G&P I find to be very comfortable, and another benefit is that it can take large batteries.

One problem I do have with it is the Hop Up, the little gear does not stay where I want it to, spinning back under the force of the hop rubber it's meant to be pushing on. I've remedied this with a bit of foil wedged between the gear and the cylinder next to it which holds it in place, and am now getting great range and accuracy on .25s with it firing stock at 315fps

• 4 months later...

Get one of those WGC Custom M4s. They are G&Ps with the known issues fixed.

Great looks, reliable as an AEG can be, and shooting 330-360 FPS out og the box.

The WGC CUstom CQBR is a fierce oponent to the CA CQB, plus is comes with flip up rear sight, a G&P red dot aimpoint replica, and all this package cost as much as the CA CQB.

Think on the savings......you wont have to buy a $40,00 flip up and a $ 30 reddot.

Also based on the extensive review on www.renegaderecon.com it seems that the internals (mainly the hop-up) is improved from the standard TM M4 variants. It is quite possibly the V-hop (not sure) which we know from the m14, is superior to all. Also with the great looks, matte black finish, structural rigidity, and accepted reliability of a TM, the s-system may be the best choice.

The cons are:

*weight, as my friend has surpasses the 11 pounds mark (could be good to some people)

*Battery, can only take minis (numerous solutions, like a battery sling, crane stock, PEQ, etc...

*No metal body (doesn't mean the receiver and body isn't strong)

• 2 weeks later...

Oh well, seeing as someone re-opened the can of worms, I'll just add 2p for the M15 CQB:

It is pretty much what anyone says, it does shoot very nicely. Mine goes at 350 fps consitently, that's stock btw and my field allows it. Overally I'd rate it as a very sturdy platform and internally, it seems reliable. Both myself and a skirmish mate of mine have had problems, but I think both were due to jams. In any event, mine was a jam caused by a total WANK bb (don't know where from) getting into my usual load of ammo...cue piston, sector gear and I think something else making an exit. Had these replaced and, seeing as no more garbage has been eaten by the gun, it's been perfect.

The range is good, the RoF is insane - but I love it. I outrange 90% of the guns I go up against, provided their stock...and if anyone wants to say a TM can outshoot me 'cause of better hop up:

1. I can just get a TM hop up fitted?

2. TM fires SLOWWWWW and I can actually just dodge the incoming.

But, I will say this: I do not believe the M15 is worth £350 and I do believe the G&P is.

G&P have better (i.e. correct; M15 has incorrect body, stock and rail specs) dimensions, free-floating RAS (I like), Aimpoint was/is included and it is made of nicer materials. Oh, and G&P paint doesn't seem to chip as easily as CA's.

Either way, if it's performance you're after, both serve you well and I daresay that CA has a better reputation that G&P in that area?

Archived