Revolver Silencer How-to

Sh0ty

This is a how-to guide on a silencer I made for my Tanaka .38 S&W M36.

Material chooseing process

Step 1

Find something to act as your bb guide. I used a Tanaka snub-nosed speed loader, but any tube with a slightly bigger than 6mm inner diameter will be fine, thicker is better.

Step 2

Choose body materials. I chose a PVC pipe as my inner part of the silencer and a 1" copper tube for my outer part. Remember to make the PVC pipe longer than the BB guide, to allow for the barrel of the revolver.

Step 3

Choose sound dampening materials. I used paper towel to wrap around the speed loader for stage 1 suppression, and some foam for the copper pipe (stage 2).

Step 4

Choose paint. I used matt black spray paint by rustoleum.

Building the silencer

Drill holes in the bb guide pipe to allow gas to escape into the rest of the silencer for functionality, and make sure they are rounded and there are no burrs in the inside of it.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j305/Sh0ty/BBguide.jpg

Start on the inner silencer by porting it from the beggining (part that goes on pistol) through the length that is covered by the outher shell. Once the porting is done, it must be cut to allow the front sight and cylinder spring guide to fit. This will allow the silencer to be slid on the barrel.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j305/Sh0...nersilencer.jpg

These ports will allow the gases to flow from the inner silencer to the outer unit (the copper pipe)

Once the inner silencer is completed, roll the BB guide tightly in the paper towel until it just fits in the PVC pipe. Screw it in to keep it covered in paper towel.

Once the inner silencer unit is complete, set it aside and start on the outer silencer. Start by marking the cylinder spring guide on one of the edges of the tube and use a dremel to cut a rectangular notch. Once the notch is cut, sand it down, to avoid scratching your gun and start to assemble the silencer.

Roll the inner silencer in the foam and screw it into the outer silencer intill the foam is covered completely.

Spray paint the entire unit and you're done.

If the guide made no sense (It probably doesn't, sinse it's my first guide) I will include diagrams to help, along with pitures of the final product.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j305/Sh0ty/SW.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j305/Sh0...cerdiagrams.jpg

-Sh0ty

EDIT: PM me and I'll answer all questions

NOTE by Rhino: Pics were a little large, so i'veput them as links for you ;)

Umm... if that question was serious, no I'm not (it's hard to tell if it's sarcasm in writing) and it really does work if you're skeptical, regardless of it's uselessnes in real life.

-Sh0ty

EDIT: let's keep this thread for questions for me or compliments on my first guide (not like you have to compliment me) :P

Sledge has visited my how-to... *hushed voice* I'm not worthy *bows*

I know silenced revolvers are wrong to most people, but look at it from a tactical stand-point. You can cock it first by pulling on the hammer, then shoot. On a semi-auto styled NBB, the hammer is alot of times used as decoration. Therefore, you must pull on the trigger to cock and fire the round, which produses noise prior to the BB being fired. In a revolver, a silenced shot can be fired instantly without prior noise.

-Sh0ty

EDIT: ALL OF WHAT I TYPED APPLIES TO AIRSOFT ONLY!!

ADDITION TO GUIDE

Sorry for the double post but I found a new way to improve the silencer. If you happen to have a yomega yo-yo around that has the rubber protectors on it (if you don't have one, you can get a cheap one called the panther) you can use the rubber strips to seal the outer unit to maximise silenceing effect and make it look better. Shove the strips in the space between the copper pipe and PVC pipe and trim off the exsess to form a seal.

-Sh0ty

EDIT: PM me for details or pics.

Archived