Help! TM M733 mulfunction

Shao14

Hi, My TM M733 suddenly stopped working while I was shooting it. I put in a newly charged battery, and noticed that the battery gets really hot, and then the fuse was blown. It was upgraded with metal bushing, and m100 spring. I was using 8.4v 600 mAh mini battery. Anyone got any idea what's wrong? Please help. Thanks.

Short in the wiring no doubt. Check the wires going to the motor in the grip (unscrew the plate on the bottom and its right there in yer face)

sp00n, you ARE a lifesaver!!! Some crazy wirings on the motor. The power leads are pretty clean, but then it's got a couple tiny threads of thin coppor wires on the motor, one on each side of the motor. and some of the thin coppor wires are touching the shaft of the motor causing the short. I brushed the threads to the sides, and now everything works again! :D I have no idea why Marui put those couple troublesome copper wires there, why does it just get rid of the wires and use one piece of part or something like that? Anyways, thanks so much!

I think the motor may be messed up now. I shoot a few dozen shots, and then it stopped again. I took the motor out, put it back in, and it worked for a few more shots, and stopped again. And only one of my battery works. Man, things are falling apart. I'll have to fall back on my ICS MP5 V3.5 now.

Unfortunately this is why you should never run an AEG (especially one already displaying a fault) without a fuse. By removing the fuse, you removed the only protection that the electronic parts of the circuit have.

If a fuse blows, it is telling you that there is a problem. Bypassing the fuse does not make the problem go away.

It is possible that your selector plate has burned out, the battery has been cooked, or the motor has been fried (or all three). Check these things out (in that order) and replace as appropriate. Then get youself a new bag of fuses. They can be purchase cheaply from Caravan and Camping shops (15A fuse).

How do I check the selector plate?

Well, I loosened up the screws on the bottom plate of the grip a tiny bit (a couple turns), and I guess that lowered the motor a bit. Now the AEG can fire again, but I can hear a slight winding noise when I fire. If I screw the bottom plate on the grip all the way, the AEG just won't fire. Another problem is that sometimes the trigger would lock in semi mode (the AEG won't fire), and I had to put it back on auto to unlock it. I did put in new fuse now too.

When you screw the baseplate on all the way?

If it won't work when you screw the baseplate on, then you may have inadvertantly trapped a wire between the baseplate and the motor, driving the motor deeper into the gearbox than is healthy.

check it all out carefully first, and if it's still too deep, then unscrew the little grubscrew in the middle of the baseplate. This will loosen the motor. Be careful not to go too far with this procedure.

Good luck.

Archived