TA3! The Hornets Nest

kliskey

Well TA3 will be held alot sooner then we all thought :D

Well the next TA event is in preperation.  I don't want to say too much at this stage but here are some snippets of information.

TA3 will be played out in a woodlands environment, in North Wales, amongst 2000 acres of forestry plantations.

It is likely to have a two staged start allowing some players to experience 40 hours of game play, whilst the remaining players can expect a full 24 hours of game play.

It will be, generally speaking, a more slower style game but with explosive and intense engagaments at times (in the tradition of TA style games), and yes the whistling maroons will make their return!!!

Seeing that the event will take place in North Wales, we might want to bring it forward to late September due to the drop in temperature around October time.

The scenario will put the rebels on the offensive this time.

A complete management team will be used in this as well as all future TA events to provide a higher level of event organisation.

Much thought will be given to the event to make sure the game is finely balanced and that both sides can enjoy an equally enjoyable experience from the event.

It is with great regret that Dave Thompson (slim_shady) has decided to step down from the role as my "TA Event Partner".  It has been a pleasure working with him and I wish him all the best for the future and I certainly hope I will see him at airsoft skirmishes as well as future TA events.

So because of Dave's departure, TA 3 will also see the introduction of my new event partner, Rob Varga.  Rob has many years of airsoft experience behind him but even more years of management experience.  Therefore Rob will assist me with the organising and running of future events while I concentrate on the gaming experience within the events.  What this means to you is that future TA events will not only be a unique experience, but operationally they will also be run in a very slick manner.

The website will be launched within the next couple of weeks and the booking pages shortly after that.  Tickets are expected to be about £60 for the 24 hour players and £70 for the 40 hour players.

Town Assault 3 - The Hornets Nest.

And so it begins......

TA3.jpg

ta3sig.jpg

Discuss your thoughts :)

The age limit for TA2 was 18 - But as this is being played at an actual site, then perhaps they will be more lenient :)

Marlowe - As of yet, the site that has been choosen is Alpha Omega in North Wales - There website is down at the moment, however there forum on Ascuk does not say anything about TA3 - so who knows :(

Oh and I hope to kick your *albartroth* this time :P

A bit about the site :)

Alpha Omega Airsoft

A non-commercial privately run site in the Clocaenog Forest, 15 minutes drive South of Denbigh, North Wales. A milsim based site run by ex-soldiers it encompasses nearly 2000 acres of dense woodland, tracks, roads, lakes & scrub. Reasonable fitness levels are recommended for some of the larger type scenarios we play.

No on site facilities, no hot food provided, no toilets, no hire equipment or weapons. Bring everything you need to fight & function. Full day and weekend skirmishes with missions through the night. Defences & positions being added all the time.

It is run by ex-soldiers, so the tactics used are that of the British Army.

Here a few picture of the site - Though they dont really show that much :( - I don't think we will have the snow though :P

Look Here You will have to be a member of Ascuk to view these though I am afraid.

Well I have just had a further read on the official forums (link near the top of the page)

It looks as though the number of places available are alot smaller then last year which is a disapointment :(

At TA2 we had close to 500 attendents.

As of yet the number stands at around 200 for TA3 - despite haveing such a massive playing field.

I will keep you updated though :)

If you live in America and have no intention of coming to this, please stfu about how much it costs.

It sounds me to like they're having a stab at a mini Berget, with the all-immersive outdoor playing etc.

So you can have OP's, bashas, listening posts, ambushes...

Right - Some maps of the area - Just to show the scale of the site :D

Clocaenogforest1.gif

Its the whole area around Llyn Brenig - So the lake and all the woods :)

Zoomed in Image:

24e25fc8.gif

Again - Look at the area called Clocaenog forest.

Thats a round about area of where the site is - Not the exact coordinates - And I don't know the exact boundaries either :P

Archived