Results: Charity Event @ Electrowerkz 30/07/06

DarkAngel1

I think we are all agreed that the event was a massive success. :)

not just the fund raising side of it, but in all my time in Airsoft, never have i witnessed such a flawless display of Sportsmanship, non-whinging and all round fairplay.

Firstly I'd like to say a massive thank you to Dette and Mac, the owners of Electrowerkz for letting us have the free use of their site. this would normally have cost us £400 for the amount of time that we had it for. Also thanks Dette for buying in all that fruit for the punters and giving free bottled mineral water to everyone. Thank you SO much for your amazing generosity.

I'd also like to thank the marshalling team, bar staff and Wong for sorting out the raffle, without you guys, I could never have pulled this event off. Arnies users who were part of this team who selflessly cancelled their plans and gave up their time were, Janno, Basho, Trip, and Benyboy. All those who attended, i do believe that reputation +1's are more than VERY due.

Thanks to Firefight for ensuring that everyone was fully insured for the event, and donating one of the competition /draw prizes.

A HUGE thanks to all the retailers who donated prizes for the competition / prize draw, the proceeds of which made a massive difference to the final amount which we were able to raise. Thanks to:

Barry @ AIRSOFT WAREHOUSE

Chris at AIRSOFT ARMOURY

Paul @ SPECTRUM PYROS

Richard (rifleman on Arnies) @ MASTER CHIEFS

Mark @ FIREFIGHT

Paddy @ ATIT PRODUCTIONS

and lastly but by no means least, to Max @ WOLF ARMOURIES, who not only donated a very nice prize, not only donated all of the profits from the sale of the BB's and Gas (£154.32), but he also attended the event, giving up his only day off so that he could sell them for us and take pressure of my marshalling team. MASSIVE shout to Max @ WOLF ARMOURIES.

Big thanks to David Cline @ MEDICAL SERVICES for giving us a Paramedic and all his equipment for the day, thankfully he didn't need to be used, except to administer one plaster!

Massive thanks to Reefkeeper (Chris ) for taking all of the photo's and video footage. This was a vital last minute thing he did for us after Airsoft International magazine didn't send anyone, despite saying that they would.

Watch this space for the results.

But finally i would like to thank all the players who turned up for the event and making it a very special day, not only for the massive amount of money that we raised, but for being mugged for their cash mercilessly thoughout the day without moaning. And also to all those who supported us by entering the competition.

Without you Guys and Gals, the event wouldn't have been the massive success that it was.:wub:

All prize winners but one have been tracked down, the winner of the top prize which was the TM MP5 SD6 donated by Airsoft Warehouse. as this person did not attend the event, and no contact details were left, we are looking to find the owner of GREEN TICKET NUMBER 194 serial number AE17 DB46. You have until 31/08/2006 to present your ticket and claim your prize. After that your prize will be re-allocated to the person who donated the largest amount of money to the event. I trust that no one will have any objections to this, but if anyone does then please say below. I would re-draw this, but the un-drawn tickets are no longer around. None of the organisers or marshalls were the highest donators for the record.

It does seem only fair that the person who donated the most money gets the prize by default if it is unclaimed . At the end of the day its a very worthy cause, and the most important thing to have come from this event is the amount of money that we raised for the GREAT ORMOND STREET HOSPITAL CHILDRENS CHARITY.

CHECK THOSE TICKETS, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Right, the moment you have all been waiting for........*drumroll please*

the final amount raised by the event was £1816.68.

i will update you all on what the money will be spent on once I have consulted GOSHCC during the week.

Thanks again to everyone for their support and for being involved in one of the most worthwhile things I've done in 32 years on this planet.

PLEASE COME AGAIN NEXT YEAR! (i'll move it to May though so its not so hot and doesn't clash with loads of events)!

:D:D:D:D:D

£1816.68.

Well done everyone, we did airsoft proud yesterday.

Paediatric Hospitals do some of the most important and heart breaking work and anything, anything, that will help is help well received.

For us to raise £1800 quid running an airsoft event shows that this is not a low and selfish sport, rather it is an emerging and fledgling community that if allowed to survive has everything to offer.

Today, we can hold our heads up that little bit higher and tomorrow some little kid is going to get a brighter future because we are airsofters and we care.

sounds like this was an amazingly successful day. i hope that dude collects his prize lol.

i hate to risk bringing the tone down, or altering the percieved thought of the event - im not. as said, kids hospitals are very deserving, and have to put up with loads of little kids running about lol - you wont catch my nan trying to tear the hospital curtains down haha.

anyway. this event is majorly succesful, and as said by Basho, shows we arnt just gun nuts with too much money and no lives. surely this event can be used to help promote our fight against the VCRB ?

again, i think i risk suggesting this was done for the purpose i mention, when clearly it wasnt. sorry if my idea ###### people off, just thinking out loud.

Mate, if this event helps our fight against the introduction of the VCRB, then its all good. And indeed it was always part of the aim to show Airsoft in a more positive light! :)

i didn't think for a minute that you were trying to belittle the actual purpose of the event. ;)

I had gas on friday, where has it all gone?

rofl

Excelent work guys, this is one event that will go down in British Airsoft history. One legendary day. Thanks (yet again) to organisers, marchals, and donators :D.

(sig updated \/)

We tried that one, but GOSHCC have to be careful about certain publicity, being a childrens charity n'all.

I asked Airsoft International to come, they said they would try, but no one came. Chris did all the photo's and i'll do a write up, maybe they'll put something in about it.

Its not like Charity Events happen often......

This was the best airsoft event I've ever been to. A huge amount of congrats and thanks to Lex and all the team. It was surperbly organised and marshalled and I have to agree with Lex, everyone participating demonstrated levels of good sportsmanship which I can only hope to see again.

Cheers again.

Fantastic day, I feel proud to have been there! A great thanks to everyone who made it happen, you all did a brilliant job.

And thanks Basho for posting two videos that both show me in such a flattering light! :D (in case anyone wants to identify me, I'm the guy who you see first in the first video, and one of the guards of the flag carrier in the second)

A quick write up, some photo's and two movies of top floor madness are:

HERE

More images to come on tuesday (my phone has a 3mp camera, but I don't have my bluetooth adapter with me - doh!)

Now I can prove my capture the flag skills to all the unbelievers! Although my S10 might limit my fame :P Cheers Basho +1

Chris

You wait until you see Chris' photo's and movies!

He has the famous CQC picture that just begs a caption and the wonderful movie of how long Janno took to reload his guns! (ICE ages came and went).

Hehe can't wait!

;)

I request the four group photos from the end of the day, I think these are important for my video :D

If anyone has any "single people pictures" may i have them as well please. (and one of me, if any exist :D)

(ps, that video where green team comes in the wrong door, and gets sent back.... well i came in the right door, left allmost on my own. is there any more of that, maby the next 30 seconds?)

A big thankyou to all those involved - the punters, the site owners, the staff, the sponsors, the cameraman, and of course Lex - the event organiser.

People have been talking about doing an airsoft related charity event for a long time now. It's good to see that someone finally got off their butt and did it, and more importantly, that he had the support of so many people, and did a damn good job of it at that.

Cudos gentlemen :)

Andrew Janson

Firefight London

UPDATE:

thanks to everyone who helped fund my wife and I to go to the Maldives, it was a fantastic break. ;):rolleyes:;):rolleyes:;)

seriously though....

I went to the GOSHCC fundraising offices on Friday to hand all the money over, they were very pleased and have asked to pass on their sincerest thanks for all your very generous donations, and to all those involved in the organisation for your hard work and giving up your valuable time.

After much deliberation, we have decided between us that our money will be going towards funding a sensory room for babies, and children with certain conditions, there are so many conditions that it helps with, I'd be here all week explaining them to you. Surfice to say that our money will make a massive difference to both the hospital, and its patients. This room really is at the cutting edge of making children happier, so we all thought that this was bar far the best thing that we could do with the money.

So you can all pat yourselves on the back!!!

At this moment in time the MP5 remains unclaimed, you have 17 days left to claim it with the relevant ticket.....

Also I have been contacted by Jay at Airsoft International, who will be running a two page spread on the event. If any of you have any high resolution photo's from the event, please e-mail them to lexjones@btinternet.com

• 4 weeks later...

Archived