ID this gun?

Magnus

comparing my old p220 with the little pic at the start of the thread, i think id agree with others on it being a p226..

sig-p226.jpg

p226

sig-p220.jpg

p220

most obvious i think is the grips.. [see how different they are on the p220, and the fact that the p220 doesnt have an obvious mag release]

KWC Sig 226. Not a bad shooter. Just be careful of the mag release as it does not take much pressure on it to drop the magazine by mistake.

It's one of the better Sigs out there and is comperable to the UHC P228 and the TM P228.

You should have good luck with it.

Been awake for about 36 hours know must get sum kip soon. In my previous reply I didn't mention that the P220 was later made with an American style mag release, i.e. behind the trigger guard.

But the other and more significant difference between the 220 and 226 is the fact the 220 is a single stacker and the 226 a double. If you look at his photo you will see the frame widens above the trigger, so it's definitely a 226.

Ok, to put this thread to rest the pistol is a Sig Sauer P226. The difference between the P220 and the P226 is the magazine release. The magazine release on the P226 is where the trigger guard meets the grip as on the first picture. In the picture of the P220 later on you can see there is no magazine release there, thus making it a P220. The pistol for which this thread was started is a P226.

Archived