What AM best gun?

101matt1

This is probably best for the gear discussion thread, but as far as I know SEALs are never _issued_ AK's... and impressions tend to be "gear that they start with" rather than "gear picked up during an op."  The MP5 would be far better for a SEAL loadout.

ARG... You've made me once again change my mind... I am now going for a spetz load out. So, what do they use again as a side arm? This might need to be moved to gear...

This is probably best for the gear discussion thread, but as far as I know SEALs are never _issued_ AK's... and impressions tend to be "gear that they start with" rather than "gear picked up during an op."  The MP5 would be far better for a SEAL loadout.

Ok to muddy the waters even more...

(I don't have a link, but I will reference the source):

In the Chuck Pfarrer book WARRIOR SOUL: THE MEMOIR OF A NAVY SEAL he talks about having an AK in his weapons / gear cage at SEAL Team 6 in the late 80's, so apparently they sometimes were issued AKs.

Here's a quick excerpt:

p. 316 "A Rake's Progress: Becoming a Jedi"

" I had been issued an astonishing amount of stuff. Foul weather gear, Gore-Tex parkas, assault vests, cammies, boots, fins. Bags and sea chests full to bursting. Climbing harnesses, carabiners, chocks, jumars, and lock picks. Nomex coveralls. Custom wet suits. Flight suits. Survival kits. Sunglasses and ski goggles. Scuba rigs, a pair of twin steel 90s for open circuit and a brand new Drager LAR-V rebreather. An MT-1-X parachute and an impressive number of weapons. In my personal rack in the arsenal were a CAR-15 with M-203 grenade launcher, Mp5-a5 and Mp-5k machine pistols, and a wicked little silenced MP5-SD. I had a personal AK-47, an H&K G3 assault rifle, an M-60 machine gun, a SAW-squad automatic weapon, a stainless-steel Smith & Wesson model 686 .357 Magnum Pistol, a Beretta 92 SBF, and a blue-steel Walther PPK, just like James Bond. The armory tech was blase as he had me sign.

'This is your basic draw,' he mumbled. 'If you need any other sort of weapon, or if you want modifications made, just let us know.'"

I guess the point of all this is that (especially if you wanna go for the high end of the SEAL community) basically, pick whatever your heart desires and tell anyone who gives you ###### about it to STFU :D

On your budget, I'd look at picking up either a full metal M190 (might be a bit over $100) as it takes green and is solid as a rock, or try and find a gently used TM Mk23 NBB cause for $100 you get a cool pistol with lots of goodies (the full kit comes with the LAM and Silencer)

Have fun...

edit: found a typo...

So, should I go for a spets loadout, or seal with AK???

Spetsnaz seems more appropriate, but be prepared to put some cash into the gear... This goes for any serious impression, I suppose.

As always, it's best to do some research into which branch you're more interested in, and learn a bit about it before you try and decide what you wanna label yourself as.

Edit: Guys, stop spamming the damn topic... some people are trying to help you out here <_<

Yeah I just remembered the unit I was talking about in my earlier post was the 3rd SOG.

Also, nowadays there would be no need for SEALs to use an AK. They didn't train with them in the first place and ARs have become much more reliable (you could take a mudbath with an AK and it would fire).

Also for the most part I doubt SEALs need to use an enemy weapon in order to mask their identity. Chances are if their in a firefight they are using silenced weapons and have a plan of evasion/elimination of the opposing force.

I'm no SEAL expert except for what I've seen on the history and discovery channel and what I've read in Tom Clancy novels. Correct me if I've made errors.

Ok, I need some ideas for something they might use. I think I saw one somewhere using a G17 or G18. Anything else, must be under ~100 USD.

NOTE: I got my mags in today, havent shot yet, but I want to know, is it ok if they wobble a bit? Ill post pics ASAP!

Spetsnaz loadout: Makarov PSM or similar 5.45mm handgun, as far as I know.  You won't be able to find one, let alone under $100.  Some of them may have used glocks at some point :rolleyes: , but I believe they're far from issue.

Hmmm... K.

Now, I have a HUGE problem...

I went out to shoot my new 160rd STAR mid caps. I get out there shoot, and nothing. As in a misfeed, gears worked and it shot out air... I found out the problem but need to know what to do. The problem is that the back latch on the mag, the one you lock in place second, is not high enough. I pushed the back of the mag up towards the gun, and it fed flawlessly, but I can't hold it there in a match. So, any e-z fixes? Or should I return them and get the 70 rounders? Damn, this frustraits me! :angry: I got gun lube, but that cant help here...

So, what do I do???

Archived