Camo netting used in Tears of the Sun

trfo2o

I have no idea where to get them, but I would just like to add that I LOVE this movie, especially the final scene with the leap frog maneuver.

I bought it on DVD :D

for the love of god i cannot remember what this stuff is called. it was made out of this material:

http://meshfabric.en.alibaba.com/product/5...r_Clothing.html

and came in 30 inch X 30 inch pieces. it was cotton and we used to call them Gutra Nets. they smell bad and get real warm. since they were cotton they'd also soak up moisture and get heavy. they were useful because you could cover your face and still be able to see out of it fine when it was close to your eyes. very good for breaking up your shape. some surplus stores in the states will have them. hiding and probably mildewed.

It's known (in the UK at least) as scrim netting. You may be able to purchase it in the form of a sniper veil, if you read the rest of the Sniper's Perch page after this post:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...05entry905605

You should get a few more helpful tips about the stuff. As well as a nice Tears Of The Sun pic.

EDIT: look on the page after for more info as well.

awesome thanks so much guys I don't need anymore help on that.

But one last thing, does anyone know a good loadout for me if I'm going to be using an M14 and going for a classic Woodland out fit, SEAL style sort of.

Like give me some ideas on suspenders, types of pouches, packs, name brands, maybe even prices and links. THANK YOU!

For webgear, I'd use the following:

ALICE:

H Suspenders

4 m16 style Mag pouches, modified: Cut the grenade hangers off and cut the fabric dividers out... they should be able to hold at least 2 m14 mags each (unless someone has a better idea)

Alice Butt pack

2 Canteens and covers

Kbar (taped to shoulder strap on H suspenders)

Compass pouch (small square pouch... Mount to other shoulder strap)

Jungle boots (don't blouse your pants... to let the water run out)

wear a boonie hat or OD bandage / bandana as a head wrap

Bits and pieces:

Look for replica parachute flare to tape to your Kbar (or a Real one if you can get it)

Look for one of those strobe loaders to mount between your shoulder blades (or if you can afford one buy a real one :D)

I've been know to throw some old fashioned US DIVERS duck feet fins on the back of my gear for show (for about five minutes until I decide that an extra 5 lbs. of useless ###### hanging off my back is not worth "the look").

this should look authentic for fairly current loadout (at least as late as the mid 90's... you are using woodland bdus so this stuff was issued at the same time) and it shouldn't break the bank.

Good luck,

If you are going for a classic SEAL lool, I'd suggest

This Blackhawk harness (very, very comfortable)

http://www.optactical.com/lobesu.html

An OD buttpack of any type and some canteens/covers. Also, get yourself some modified woodland BDU's and a boonie hat. Blackhawk makes some ALICE type ammo pouches for m14 mags.

-Edit: dang, beaten to the punch. jimisin has some good suggestions-

Jimisin's got the loadout down. If you want to go for a more specific Silk loadout, grab a patrol cap, a ton of scrim netting, and an Alice-style backpack with a camping mat thrown onto it.... Silk uses one to rest his rifle on. As far as holsters go, I think a Blackhawk omega with a P226 sounds about right (though I can't really tell, they just used a lot of blackhawk gear in that film)

Edit: Whoops, looks like Silk actually uses a boonie hat.

For webgear, I'd use the following:

ALICE:

H Suspenders

4 m16 style Mag pouches, modified: Cut the grenade hangers off and cut the fabric dividers out... they should be able to hold at least 2 m14 mags each (unless someone has a better idea)

Alice Butt pack

2 Canteens and covers

Kbar (taped to shoulder strap on H suspenders)

Compass pouch (small square pouch... Mount to other shoulder strap)

Jungle boots (don't blouse your pants... to let the water run out)

wear a boonie hat or OD bandage / bandana as a head wrap

Bits and pieces:

Look for replica parachute flare to tape to your Kbar (or a Real one if you can get it)

Look for one of those strobe loaders to mount between your shoulder blades (or if you can afford one buy a real one :D)

I've been know to throw some old fashioned US DIVERS duck feet fins on the back of my gear for show (for about five minutes until I decide that an extra 5 lbs. of useless ###### hanging off my back is not worth "the look").

this should look authentic for fairly current loadout (at least as late as the mid 90's... you are using woodland bdus so this stuff was issued at the same time) and it shouldn't break the bank.

Good luck,

Hells yeah, but you forgott he UDT inflatable swimmers flotation. If your gonna rock the Rocket fins might as well have the float vest and a set of goggles hanging off of your gear. Also Add in some carbiners, there are useful and are great for the look. Some Sage flight glovs with the Trigger finger and thumb cut off and pain that face.

NMP Two Eight

Hells yeah, but you forgott he UDT inflatable swimmers flotation. If your gonna rock the Rocket fins might as well have the float vest and a set of goggles hanging off of your gear. Also Add in some carbiners, there are useful and are great for the look. Some Sage flight glovs with the Trigger finger and thumb cut off and pain that face.

NMP Two Eight

http://www.navyseals.com/community/main.cfm

this is actually a decent source of some gear. They have Dive gear and the what not.

As I was NMP... :D

He's dead on right about the vest and such... what I wouldn't give to get my hands on one of those *gear crazy*

If you want a subtle addition, get your hands on a "blue and gold" it's a double layer reversible T-shirt the guys in the teams used to wear under there BDUs before all this hightech underarmor stuff came out. You wear it blue side out, but can flip it in an emergency for signalling purposes... They were real popular up at NETC Newport back in the early 90's ;)

vlcsnap-68249.png

Just the lads from Tears of the Sun... they wear a mixture of the ALICE webbing and components that Jimisin's listed, along with a couple of LBV-88s, and assorted Blackhawk vests and gear.

It's worth asking for some pictures in the Navy SEAL picture thread really.

Edit: Pictures a bit small, looks like photobucket decided to resize it for me <_<

Archived