M4 variants - TM, ICS, CA advice

Killdisney

I have an TM AK47s that I love but is really getting a hammering at the moment (The folding stock is defunct)and I want to get a second rifle. I really like the SR16 and M4 variants but a guy at my local skirmish site recommended the ICS M4 (Solid stock + full metal) which is in my price range. It looks like the front runner but I just need some advice as to whether this is the best gun for the price.

Cheers

In General yes the Famas does win in any ROF competition you might run, apart from one SR16 that a friends has (its been mentioned by me before, and recently by RobbyC) it easily out fires another team mates Famas easily, both working on a 8.4v 1700 mah battery. Anyways back on task, the ICS gun will serve you well i expect, i have no personal experience, only with a CA M15A4 Rifle, but the ICS has got alot of great reviews, and Hissing Sid defends the ICS range against all the other armalite series manufactures, so if you have any questions it would probably be worth dropping him a PM.

Adam

just ordered one but it hasnt arrived yet, if you are still wondering in a week im going to be putting up a review on the main discussion.

I heard the ICS is awesome except the tappet plate which can be replaced for 10$. If you have the extra 10$ get the ICS m4 with the olympic arms trademarks. (They look amazing.)

EDIT: The ICS rifles all come with a forward assist button that releases the spring tension so your spring lasts longer. One of the only companies that does that. If you get the CA one then your going to have to shoot in semi to reduce the tension and even if you do the spring could still be a little tight.

GO WITH ICS!!!!11111one one one one

post-3502-1106003655_thumb.jpg

ICS should stop advertising its guns on the internet.  They are downright hideous in 99.99999% of all pictures available.

The problem, as any photographer will tell you, is that it's tough to take pictures af black or dark coloured things.

If you put a gun against a white background then your auto-exposure will assume that the picture is bright and the gun will come out as a black blob.

I find that the easiest way to stop this (rather than buggering about with manual exposures) is to use a darker background.

The only problem is (either way) that if you take a picture that's bright enough to expose the gun properly it will have to artificially lighten the colour.

This isn't a problem for black things because your brain still recognises black as being a solid colour. The grey of something like the ICS M4 receiver is a different story because your brain has no way of gauging what the colour actually should be.

Having said all that, I'd have to admit that I DID find the dark grey colour of the ICS M4 quite strange. To me it's kinda dark grey with some khahi mixed in with it. As I've said before, it looks kinda green in some lights.

• 3 months later...
Why did they go to all the trouble of designing and manufacturing such an accurate and  ground breaking Airsoft Replica and then not paint it to imitate the real weapon???

:blink:

SLAP!!!

Funniest response ever. :D :D :D

Shao gets a rep point for that assuming the system ever returns. ;)

SLAP!!!

Funniest response ever. :D :D :D

Shao gets a rep point for that assuming the system ever returns. ;)

Haha. Wasn't trying to be funny though. :unsure:

Sid, I have nothing against ICS, I just went for the less expensive M4. :P

But a fact is fact, most real steel M4s, especially the Colt ones, are NOT black as CA's, even though I rather like the black color on CAs. :)

Haha.  Wasn't trying to be funny though. :unsure: 

Sid, I have nothing against ICS, I just went for the less expensive M4. :P 

But a fact is fact, most real steel M4s, especially the Colt ones, are NOT black as CA's, even though I rather like the black color on CAs. :)

Indeedy.

I just thought it was pretty funny the way you crushed his supposition with unerring accuracy.

Archived