Glock Mag release

oznog

I am currently looking into purchasing a Glock G17 Dark Hawk (Black version preferably).

I have seen from images of the pistol that it has a slightly different modelled mag release than the normal glocks.

Discussions with some glock owners have suggested that a few have experienced problems with the mag release of the typical glocks, in that is is too prominent from the pistol grip. This in some cases has resulted in losing mags during airsoft skirmishes.

Can anyone comment on the darkhawks mag release and to whether or not this pistol suffers the same problem.

I have looked on arnies and searched several times but have not found any information on this. I feel this will need to come from first hand experience.

All comments welcome.

got a parts view diagram of it?

If it is based on the KSC Glock mag release.. then it will be a simple fix.... use a stronger 'spring', or use a real glock mag release button .

if it is marui..

then..

more work would be needed. but still a stronger 'spring'

Oznog.

You are confused and or are confusing us.

HFC Make two items that fit your description.

The G17 and the Dark Hawk (which seems to be the love child of a drunken nite in after 1 too many curries between Mr and Mrs Smith and Wesson Sigma and Mr Glock )

I never knew of any accidental release problem the glock design suffered from. The only mag catch related problem that I've heard is the bar wearing down whilst using 50rd mags.

AFAIK its 19/2011s that suffer from magloss. (Where the mag release is accidently hit and the mag slips out.)

In a holster it's still pretty hard to hit the mag release in a glock.

I hate the KSC stock mag release buttons. I have 3 glocks, 2 of them heavily used, and one of them DESPERATELY needs to be replaced with a RS one. I can practically blow on the damn catch and the mag will fall out, I guess they wear out over time. I bought that specific gun second hand and it's seen enough wear to break the hammer in two, so that might be part of the problem, but as of now, I strongly reccomend getting a RS mag catch for any KSC Glock. Also they're a real pain in the *albartroth* to switch out... I still can't take it appart in 5 min...

Archived