How to change an inner barrel and hop up bucking?

TREMAN

-Take the hop up unit out of the gun.

-Turn the hop up off

-Remove the 'C' shaped barrel clip on hop up unit

-Slowly and gently pull the barrel out, at this point you should see the rubber as well, guide it out if needed, and WATCH FOR THE NUB, its a TINY plastic cylinder, so try and work over a desk covered with a white towel, as the CA one (I think) is black. TIP: do it upside down so the nub wont fall out...or will have a lesser chance of doing so.

-Take the new barrel, and slide the new rubber onto it.

-Guide the barrel by the rubber into the hop up chamber carefully and make sure it is aligned and going in straight.

-Put the 'C' clip back on.

-Put the hop up assembly back into the gun, and test fire. If youre not getting any hop or lowered FPS, you probably installed seated your bucking wrong when putting the barrel back into the hop up chamber. Just reopen it up, check it, and redo it if needed.

If you mean that the barrel still wobbles slightly inside the outer barrel then this is normal.

If you are saying that the hop-up wobbles slightly on the end of the inner barrel than you've got a problem.

What most people do to stop the inner barrel rattling is to wrap pieces of sellotape around the inner barrel every few inches. Don't use so much that you have to force the barrel in. Just use enough so you're removing most of the looseness.

What I ment was that I can turn the inner barrel slightly to left and right when the C clip is in place, is that ok?

And sometimes when I take the inner barrel out of the hop up chamber, the hop up rubber comes off the inner barrel and the rubber doesn't come out of the chamber.

• 2 weeks later...

I changed my stock m15a4 tactical carbine barrel with the prometheus one, but there is one problem: the little metal ring that goes on the barrel doesn't fit the prometheus barrel. What is that ring for and can I just ignore that part or do I need a replacement?

I have the same question. I noticed that little ring when I removed the inner barrel/hopup assembly from the outer barrel (G&P CQBR). It didn't look like it was doing anything as the ring was right on the forward edge of the hopup chamber and it didn't look as if anything was holding that ring in place (where ever that should be). I would presume that ring is to hold hopup sleeve on the inner barrel, or am I mistaken?

i'm going from stock to a Madbull tightbore (509mm). I've put the barrel in and re assembled the hop up unit, and it seems to be quite stable (no wobbling), so i'll just leave the ring out. Now the only problem is I forgot which way is up and which way is down on the barrel. i've put it so that the line on the barrel is the top, with the notches on the sides. Does the line on the barrel go down? (the line etched into the barrel that lines up on the hop up bucking).

Archived