Shell ejecting, cheapo bolt rifle

chas

Its from a chinese manufacturer: SHELL (???)

Bolt charging, the shells load the BBs and then go into the AK style magazine. Wood looks awful, but you could paint it and at 330FPS out of the box it could be cool as a WWII games rifle or even a sniper.

BTW: SOURCE IS AIRSOFTBARCELONA.COM, check that site out sometimes, its the fastest site I know when it comes to airsoft news.

post-7323-1157122518_thumb.jpg

EDIT: I know its post-WWII, but I meant it as a counterpart to garands

The Chinese made a selective fire Type 56 carbine (they basically modified their copy of the Soviet SKS to be able to fire in full automatic) which used detachable magazines. I have a picture however I can not figure out how to post it on here.

The replica also seems to have the folding spike type bayonet found only on the Chinese Type 56 carbines. the receiver on the selective fire type 56 carbine looks different than the reg. type 56

I've seen it before.  it's proportions are way off.  It's about 2/3 scale or smaller.  Very cheap in every sense of the word too.
It's not the cheap Weibao (or, as some people here call it, "Wyjebalo" - Polish for "it f..king blew up") model - the length of new model is 1200 mm, which is actually more than RS (wish I could know - WTF?).
The Chinese made a selective fire Type 56 carbine (they basically modified their copy of the Soviet SKS to be able to fire in full automatic) which used detachable magazines. I have a picture however I can not figure out how to post it on here.

The replica also seems to have the folding spike type bayonet found only on the Chinese Type 56 carbines. the receiver on the selective fire type 56 carbine looks different than the reg. type 56

The Type 56 is a copy of the AK47, not the SKS. The SKS is semi automatic, and as far as I know, no version has been made automatic(that is what the AK is for). The SKS normally has an "internal" magazine(though it can be seen from the outside), but if removed, it can take larger magazines.

Edit: We are both somewhat correct. The Chicom Type 56 is an AK47 Copy, the Norinco Type 56 is an SKS. The Early Russian Tula SKS also has a spike bayonet on it.

The rifle they're attemting to replicate (quite poorly I might add) is the Type-63, often mistakingly called the Type-68 in the west. At first glance it does look like an SKS with a detachable magazine, but if you look closely at the pic below, you'll see they are tottaly different. The SKS has a gas block, where the Type-63 doesn't. It has a gas regulator knob instead. All this Airsoft company did was take an SKS mold and add a 30 round detachable mag. Study the picture, and than look at the original posters pic, and you'll see the obvious differences.

Chinese_Type_68.jpg

The Type 56 is a copy of the AK47, not the SKS. The SKS is semi automatic, and as far as I know, no version has been made automatic(that is what the AK is for). The SKS normally has an "internal" magazine(though it can be seen from the outside), but if removed, it can take larger magazines.

Edit: We are both somewhat correct. The Chicom Type 56 is an AK47 Copy, the Norinco Type 56 is an SKS. The Early Russian Tula SKS also has a spike bayonet on it.

Correct sir. I collect SKS's but have never seen a Tula SKS with a spike. All that I've encountered came with blades. There is a few Russian SKS's floating around with them, but I thought they were Izhevsk models.

But you're right in that you're both correct. It does get a little confusing because both of Chinas clones (SKS and AK-47) were called Type-56.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived