CA M15A4 Carbine not firing

Sunday8PM

My CA M15A4 Carbine is not firing.

After searching for other threads about this:

* Fuse is ok.

* Connections are ok.

* Charging the battery again right now to see if that's the problem but it should have been almost full.

I took the motor out but now when I'm gonna put it back in... should the CA sticker be on the left or the right side of it when it's inside? :unsure: Cos I guess it does matter where you put the red and the black cable in on it?

Remove the motor and connect it outside of the gun. Then look down on the pinion gear from above and it should spin anti-clockwise if connected correctly. Once you've established this mark the casing, close to each contact, a +(red) & -(black).

EDIT: Is it a new gun? Is it stock? Have you modified/messed with it recently? Motor adjustment ok?

I just finished charging the battery. Connected the motor outside of the gun, switched to semi, pressed the trigger and the motor moved clockwise. It worked for 2 seconds, now when I try to do the same again the motor doesn't move at all. Hmm.

The gun is quite new, maybe a month. I've recently installed a new hop-up unit. It worked properly earlier today but the hop-up didn't seem spin the bb's even on full hop so I opened it up and when I put it back together there wasn't a sound from the motor so I checked the connections and took the motor out and there I ended up not knowing which way to put it back in. There's a + on the bottom of the motor on the blue plastic bit. Should this plus be pointing to the front or the back of the gun?

There's a + on the bottom of the motor on the blue plastic bit. Should this plus be pointing to the front or the back of the gun?

to the front and the red wire connects to that

the wires run up the back of the grip and make sure the red wire passes around the hole in the bottom of the grip.

when you took the gun apart you didnt knock the battery connections loose did you?

It does not matter which way the motor body/can is orientated as long as the wires can get to the contacts. The armature shaft/pinion gear MUST rotate anti-clockwise if looking from above or clockwise if looking from the endbell/contacts. As mentioned the wires usually both go via the rear of the pistol grip so the motor can go in which ever way is accomodated by that but you MUST get the rotation right first.

The +plus on the 'endbell', as it's called, should indicate that the contact closest to it, i.e. up and left is the positive and the red wire should connect to it. However, always observe the rotation to make sure.

I took the motor out of the gun again and connected it the opposit way not relying on the +. The motor started spinning and did so for a couple of seconds when I pushed the trigger, then I released it, pushed again... nothing. It seems to be randomly working. :blink: I didn't have time to see which way it was spinning while it was.

EDIT- Now I put it back in with the + at the front again and it seems to be working properly :huh: Don't have time now but I'll re-assemble the whole gun later and see if it works properly but it looks like it's going to. :)

It works now, I'm not completely sure what the problem was but I think I may have pulled the cables a little too hard when I put it back together after checking the hop-up so that they got detached from the motor. Then taking the motor out caused the problem of not knowing which way to put it back in. Now I've got the + at the front and the motor spins anti-clockwise. I dunno why it worked randomly and was spinning clockwise for a while but at least it works properly now. Thank you for taking your time. :)

Archived