ICS MP5 problem HELP!

SpectreEvil

I have had my Mp5 since xmas and I take really good care of it and havent modified it. I took to a tourney and just yesterday while me and a few friends were playing it dies on me. I tried a fresh battery didnt work. I checked the fuse its fine. Nothing that I can figure out. Yes Im a newb but shouldnt these guns last longer. Whats weird is that I didnt hear a grinding or any sound that the gun was having probs. It just shut down and didnt work period. ANy ideas because I really doubt jungletoy.com is going to help. I have been waiting for a m9 replacement for the *suitcasey* one they gave me 4 weeks ago. Any help is wanted :flamed:

First thing you need to do, is recharge the battery try it again. If that doesn't work, then take off the little plate held in by two philips screws on the bottom of your handgrip. That's where the motor is; check that the two leads are still connected to the motor, make sure you look carefully, the red wire goes to the positive lead. don't get them crossed. It sounds like that one of them has come off from your description. Do that first, if that's not it, it might be more internal. Try that for starters though and let us know what you find. :P

I have a similar problem with my MP5 at the current time - i took it with me airsofting last weekend, and i got out of the safe zone, pulled the trigger and heard the piston draw back but not fire. subsequent pulls of the trigger made the piston wind back the rest of the way, but the gun refused to fire.

I swapped out the battery for another charged one then and there (I always keep a spare in my vest, and on the day i had 3 fully charged 8.4v batteries with me). I tried to fire and all couldn't hear any action.

Returing to the safe zone I dismanteled the MP5 (two locking pins taken out, plastic stopper on the back undone, and removed the gearbox.

I took out the motor and tried to detatch the grip form the gearbox so i could open up the gearbox and find out "wtf". Unfortunately I'd done up the screw a bit too tight and ended up stripping the head of one screw. Now I can't get the gearbox out.

I ened up using a pair of tweesers to jam inside the cylinder through the two air intake slots, where I could see the head of the piston. i then pushes the piston back far enough to dislodge it from the gear, and yanked the tweezers out and thus released the spring. This is probably one of the worst ways a person can ever release a spring, but oh well. Chances are I've stripped a few gear heads.

I then took the now decompressed gun outside the safe zone and gave it another go. Vvvt-- no fire. cylinders locked again. I haven't tried since.

Simply, I think if yours is anything like mine, you need to open up the gearbox and check everythings still ok. Mines ballsed at the moment.

Wow!

Pretty impressive that you guys can diagnose a broken tappet plate without him even telling you the symptoms! ;)

Does the gun still fire but no BB comes out?

Is the gun utterly dead? Nothing at all happens when you pull the trigger?

Does the gun make any noise at all? Clicking, whirring, grinding?

If the gun has seized totally solid then the tappet plate would have had to break and then throw itself into the gears in order to seize the gun completely. Possible but not certain.

Until Spectreevil can supply more details I'd hold off diagnosis on this.

Having said that, if the gun is only a month old, what's to talk about? Get it fired back to the retailer!

On that note, if you take it back ask that they REPAIR it rather than replace it. That way, if you're lucky (and it IS the tappet plate) you'll get a decent quality replacement tappet plate rather than a new gun with the same cr@ppy tappet plate again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Make sure your motor is positoned correctly in the gun. My ICS MP5A5 has been giving me trouble recently with motor positioning. If it isn't positioned correctly then the gun simply does not fire. you can hear the motor twitching inside the gearbox, and occasionally it'll pull the spring a short distance, but then its basically jammed thereafter.

Sometimes this will come down to your motor being dead, or your fuse may eventually go, but either way thats the problem i experienced. My previous post has a better "diagnosis".

I was almost disappointed it wasn't the gearbox =o

• 11 months later...
IMO, I actually think its just your tappet plate that is broken and I dont think it is as serious as vince's case.

Good Luck

Boris

how could it be the tappet plate if the gun is not making any noise whatsoever when fired?

the problem here lies with either -

1. the wiring

2. the motor/connections to the motor

3. battery

check all the wiring in the gun to ensure that it is intact, with no cuts or broken insulation. also check the connections to the motor terminals.

remember - red = positive, black = negative.

also, check the battery. make sure it is fully charged and try again.

you could also check to see if your motor is burned out by -

1. remove the two screws on the bottom of the pistol grip

2. remove the base plate, and make sure you put the little round disc somewhere safe after it falls out

3. remove the motor from the grip

4. with the wiring still attached to the motor, and the motor out of the grip, connect the battery as you would normally. then, fire the gun. the motor should turn, and it may try to jump out of your hand so hold it tightly!

5. if it works, put it back in the grip carefully, and then reassemble the base plate, metal disc and screws.

if it dosnt work, your motor may be burned out, or you may need to replace the fuse. the fuse is a 15amp fuse, just so you know :)

hope this helps you mate

sadigh

Archived