VFC MK43 Mod0 detail

tcl

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kick *albatross*, well that just saved me the trouble of trying to do a comparison or a mechbox teardown on my own.

But the steel/aluminum/plastic diagram is great, confirms the mix and it also confirms my feelings that the front sight, rearsight, bipod, etc are steel, and that they litterally took the parts they had already produced for the TOP M60 and just adapted them to thier Mk43.

But I have a bone to pick, the carry handle on the Mk43 is NOT steel, it's CLEARLY aluminum, so these reviewers got that wrong, oops.

Anyways, this is a great cross comparison between all the brands.

Pablo, no problem. I went back in my browser and found my reply :P

Looks great! Cant wait till mine gets here.

Cool with the RS/inokatsu comparison shots.

Inokatsu needs to release the new pistol grip, because the one in the pic doesnt look right at all. Way too short.

Nice to see the steel/alluminum photo too.

Looks like this thing is like 40/60 steel/alluminum

But I have a bone to pick, the carry handle on the Mk43 is NOT steel, it's CLEARLY aluminum, so these reviewers got that wrong, oops.

oops, I think you are wrong. Please check it out with magnet. Never hear aluminum can attract magnet.

img3566jm8.th.jpg

Can anyone VFC owner tell, if the stock attachment is similar to real-steel? At least there seems to be similar buffer piece in one of the pics, and some kind of quick attachment accessories. God I hope VFC had made steel body, their gun would be simply the best one of E4 series.

I thought the inokatsu would have been more accurate from things I had read - I was nearly opting for the Inokatsu (if redwolf would only answer my repeated emails on how much one would cost)

Looks like the done me a favour.... VFC it is....

I'm not too sure what is exatcly accurate when it comes to E4, Mk43 Mod0, and Mod1. About a year ago I got to handle a transfered Mk43 Mod0 at a belt gun show. I can tell you that it did NOT have a big gas block, had the E3 flash hider, and E3 ammo hanger. I think I said this on another post, but the E3 hanger was used since it can take the capco assault packs and not that crappy LBT sh!t. Also, the duck bills and big gas blocks were apparently prone to failure. Everything else looks identical to the VFC model, except for that springy thing that's sticking out of the carry handle.

Also, the rear sight was different...the elevation markings were on both sides and much much more clearer. Also, I could have sworn the windage knob was on the other side...but in the google pics of Mk43's the knob is on the left face. The biggest difference was the feed tray cover...it was alumnium but looked nothing like the VFC model (E3 feed tray covers were steel). It was much more angular, box-like. Again, I see google pics of Mk43's and it looks like the VFC model...so go figure.

I'm not too sure what is exatcly accurate when it comes to E4, Mk43 Mod0, and Mod1. About a year ago I got to handle a transfered Mk43 Mod0 at a belt gun show. I can tell you that it did NOT have a big gas block, had the E3 flash hider, and E3 ammo hanger. I think I said this on another post, but the E3 hanger was used since it can take the capco assault packs and not that crappy LBT sh!t. Also, the duck bills and big gas blocks were apparently prone to failure. Everything else looks identical to the VFC model, except for that springy thing that's sticking out of the carry handle.

Also, the rear sight was different...the elevation markings were on both sides and much much more clearer. Also, I could have sworn the windage knob was on the other side...but in the google pics of Mk43's the knob is on the left face. The biggest difference was the feed tray cover...it was alumnium but looked nothing like the VFC model (E3 feed tray covers were steel). It was much more angular, box-like. Again, I see google pics of Mk43's and it looks like the VFC model...so go figure.

Is the MK43 Mod0 you handle get "MK43 Mod0" model name stamp on it? The some of machinegun parts are hard to get. The must of the new model of transferable M60 are buld from whatever parts they can locate, It is not Gov. issue.

The model you describe are looks like the picture below from US Ordnance.

M60E4/MK43 Mod0

M60E4_large.jpg

It made me confuse... Maybe the picture above are not the one delivery to Navy Seals.

Who manufacture the MK43 Mod0 for US Navy? SACO or US Ordnance? anyone know?

Here is other real steel picture same as VFC produce.

mk43_guys1-1.jpg

tos-1.jpg

Is the MK43 Mod0 you handle get "MK43 Mod0" model name stamp on it? The some of machinegun parts are hard to get. The must of the new model of transferable M60 are buld from whatever parts they can locate, It is not Gov. issue.

The model you describe are looks like the picture below from US Ordnance.

M60E4/MK43 Mod0

It made me confuse... Maybe the picture above are not the one delivery to Navy Seals.

Who manufacture the MK43 Mod0 for US Navy? SACO or US Ordnance? anyone know?

Here is other real steel picture same as VFC produce.

Thank you for clearing that up :)

Isnt SACO and US Ordnance the same company? Or judging from their homepage it seems like US Ordnance makes the M60's under the license from SACO to be the exclusive manufacturer.

Yes sir, FTK, SP120 spring, custom cut TN barrel, guarder bucking, and then a 3000mah 9.6v battery.

Just FYI the gun can not run with a 12v battery, it'll shoot, but the box mag can't keep up with the gun's RoF. Silly AE!

Anyways, the guys at AEX were having a *badgeress* of a time making mine feed right, first Mk43 they worked on. The solution turned out to be shortening the piston head by 1-2mm, then the gun fed perfect.

This gun is a friggin BUZZSAW!

Archived