JG MP-001

doopydoo

I have recently found out about this gun. $42 from gunnerairsoft.com. Already bought it, hasn't arrived yet.

Specs(supposedly, nothing to disprove or prove them): 400fps with .2g, 1" x 2" groups at 17 meters, all metal besides trigger guard and stock(just like VSR-10), direct copy of VSR 10. Also, there's some very nice videos on youtube about the gun.

Now, I don't necassarily believe any of these 'facts,' in fact I would be extremely pleased if any of them are true. I bought this gun so I could experiment with a cheap gun, and to get a glimpse of being a sniper.

I will write a review when the gun arrives.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gunner airsoft are usually very good about things like specs. Would be interested in the review when it's done as a friend is considering buying one.

As to the videos on You-Tube, I couldn't hear half of the first one and the test fire videos were worse than useless. You couldn't see what he was shooting at and there was no indication as to group size, range etc. What is the point of test firing a sniper rifle without letting people know whether they can hit what they're shooting at and at what range? I quite like the idea of a semi-transparent mag though.

By the way, how is gunnerairsoft's sales supposed to work? I didn't give them anything but name, tele #, address, and email. How am I going to pay them?

You'll get an email incuding shipping costs (2 different ones, ems and standard airmail) as well as the address to paypal the money to...

Hey guys,

I have some friends who wrote a review of this thing

http://acmgames.proboards66.com/index.cgi?...read=1157992341

Just holler if you need translating

It requires us to log in to see it, and I don't know anything other than English. Translation would help very much.

Unfortunately the more in depth by the moderators when they re-fprmated the board, this is the best review posted there.

MP001-sharpshooter-901.jpg

After examining the MP004 and finding its wood replica realistic, I opened the MP001 "Sharp Shooter" or VSR expecting a nice rifle with fake wood stock. I was a little frustrated to discover that the nice rifle comes with black stock (imitation woodstock is now available though).

MP001_box.jpg

Unfortunately, the cylinder assembly of this rifle is the same as the "stamped" cylinder of the M50 meaning one can't simply upgrade this rifle without special tools. Accessories are: Sling, BB Loader and a cleaning rod.

400-405 fps out of the box. I wonder if some teflon sealing can improve fps.

I guess sooner or later someone will ask which is better? The DE M50 or the MP001? I guess that is for you to find out.

M50_n_VSR.jpg

The VSR (lower) has a slimmer and sexier countour especially in the foregrip (without the bipod rail). Although it does not have the checkering that the M50 has neither does it have those ugly screws in the butt stock and grip.

M50_n_VSR_stripped.jpg

The M50 (above) and the VSR field stripped.The cylinder and the brass inner barrel of the VSR is shorter but the rifle packs more punch. Notice that the trigger assembly and sear housing of the VSR (below) is made of metal.

M50_n_VSR_stripped2.jpg

This picture has 3 section from top to bottom. The first section shows the cylinder assembly of the VSR (on top) and that of the M50. Notice that the cylinder of the VSR is shorter and less than a negligible 0.10mm in diameter wider.

In the second section are the left and right view of the hop up assembly of the M50 (above) and the VSR (below). They have similarities but are not the same. The VSR has an extra (3rd) screw that locks the 2 halves together which may have provided a better seal in the hop up packing area than the M50 (which requires the "teflon" magic to hit 400fps).

The third section shows the entire cylinder and bolt assembly. The M50(upper asssembly) requires a rectangular metal at the bottom of the hop chamber to hold the chamber in place while the VSR does not. However the VSR requires that the inner barrel's length be perfect as it pushes the hop chamber against the cylinder. I prefer to put a small screw to hold the hop chamber in place.

Among the plus of the VSR is its stock power and accuracy.

There are alot more CHina made clone guns on that board.

From what I've heard, the M50 and the MP001 both have VSR internal designs (how they function), but the MP001 has a G-spec reciever with a VSR-10 length barrel. The M50 just looks like a APS2 (or is based off of it), and has sub-par internals compared to the new MP001.

Oh and for the record, HK companies are saying it's made by JG, not DE, although I thought that the prefix MP was for DE guns... oh well...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

• 2 weeks later...

OK, this isn't the full review, I will write that when I have time:

Weight: Don't exactly know, probably around 6 pounds. Perfect weight for an airsoft rifle in my mind, heavy enough to be stable but light enough to carry around all day.

Size: Same as VSR-10, around 3' 6".

Build: As said several times before, the wood looks very good. From 3 feet 5 feet away you couldn't tell it's plastic. However, there are some parts that aren't quite as good: the part where the end of the bolt is and the body meet doesn't quite match up right, but it's cosmetic only. The bolt pull itself is (surprisingly for me at least) easy, I was expecting more resistance from 400 fps. The rail doesn't look as good quality as the rest of the metal, but only slightly. The safety is hard to engage and disengage, but this is a good thing in my mind. The sling it comes with isn't great, but the fabric looks pretty good, OD.

Power: pierces though bottom of Mtn. Dew can. That's all I know except it is obviouly more powerful than a KWA G19, UTG MP5, and a bunch of spring pistols(all the other guns I have).

Accuracy: Took me a long time to figure out the right hop-up setting, it's very hard to tell what the right place is. Hard to describe, but it took a while to adjust with .25s. Anyways, I'd say the accuracy on gunnerairsoft was about right, maybe a little more accurate with them, but they were possibly using heavier BBs. I'd say about 2"-3" at 50 feet, and from 100 feet, (don't kill me, i just eyeballed it very innacurately) 6"-8"? Give or take.

Misc. rants:

Bolt pull is hard to tell when pulled all the way, when I took it out of the box and pulled the bolt, i felt as if I pulled it back all the way, but I hadn't. You have to wait for a little click. Usually I pull the bolt, then pull it a little harder, and it clicks. You will get used to it and not notice it anymore. Either that, or I just broke it in.

No matter what I did, I couldn't zero it with my NCStar 3 x 9 magnification 40mm rubber armored scope. It would always shoot the the right of the scope, and I never figured it out. However, it could have been that I wasn't adjusting it right.

EDIT: Yep, I wasn't adjusting it right. Now it's adjusted right and it really helps. My dad had about 10 shots in the magazine, and I put a SMALL 1.25"x1.5" target up about 85 feet away, and he shot, and told me which way to adjust the scope. Eventually, it was set up right and on the last shot he got the target.

Also, stay away from the magazine release with your hand. If you hold the gun around the area of the mag release, it's very easy to press and then the mag comes loose. It doesn't fall out, but it won't load correctly. You will have to take the mag out and put it back in. Just teach yourself not to hit the mag release and it won't be a problem.

Also, the bolt is a little loose. It rocks back and forth about 1-2mm, but doesn't affect performance, just makes you worried about the bolt. I don't think it will break, but it could be tighter.

As I said before, the fake wood stock and the rest of the gun doesn't exactly match up right, there is a little gap in some places. Doesn't affect performance, just looks. However, you only notice that if you look closely.

Also, in the movie the guy said that the magazine held 50 rounds. Mine only holds 30. It's nice to be able to check ammo capacity on the go though. If magazines didn't cost half as much as the gun, I'd pick up a few.

Hop-up is also fairly bad. With .25's, it has to be on max, and even then sometimes it drops a bit. I'd say if it's possible, replace the hop-up. I will as soon as I find a good way to do this. Also, I don't know if the teflon mod is doable, but this may help the consistency. I don't want to do it however, because the gun is already at my local field's limits. I would if I could.

Conclusion: If you play with springers or LPEGs, this gun is I'd say the best for the money. From what I've seen it's more accurate than the M324, and more powerful(but a teflon mod will fix that) But also at least $20-30 cheaper. When I was playing with my friends back in the old days with spring pistols, I would have gladly paid $79 for this gun if I knew what it could do. Also, as I said before, bolt pull is surprisingly easy. I've shot off 150 rounds at least, and my arm feels absolutely normal. Good for weak people. Also, if you want a gun to hang on the wall, this is it. Looks very good from 5'+ away. The main thing I would replace in this is the hop-up, it's not very strong and it's fairly inconsistent.

Pictures will be posted later, as well as an accuracy test.

Questions?

I assume sinse it is a 100% marui clone that it can take marui parts.

May just get one of these for the sake of it next time i order from gunner. Ill grab a Gspec barrel and hop aswell me thinks.

Edit: ahaha, just realised that the Gspec precision barrel and hop costs $51.50....which is more than the mp001 itself. Still, it should cause i huge increase in accuracy and consistancy.

I'd reccomend replacing the hop-up, and then the barrel... I think the barrel might be ok, but the hop-up sucks... By the way, those 6"-8" groupings were when the hop-up was working, so... you might only get those groupings for a short while.

Archived