KSC g19 Issue

primussucks

I got a KSC g19 with a metal slide, its got a metal barrel, and a guarder recoil dealy. I got it used and it worked great for a day or three.

Sunday I was at a skirmish when it decided to stop working. you would insert a mag, rack the slide, and pull the trigger and nothing would happen, like the trigger wasn't attached to anything.

Upon further inspection: ksc-g17-part92_big.jpg

This piece here, which attaches to the trigger and then hits a little tab looking thing on the hammer, doesn't seem to be pushing the tab attached to the hammer far enough to release the hammer. if i stick a screw driver between the two parts that and then pull the trigger it pushes the tab far enough and will release the hammer as it should.

Anyone know what the problem would be? I would take a pic so you could see what i'm talking about but i don't have a camera that would show enough detail.

thanks and any help definitely deserves a +1 or 2

I don't see a spring at all on mine, just the one that pulls that piece back towards the trigger. Perhaps it's a FUBAR'd hammer spring? My gun does this:

I pull the trigger slightly, and the piece hits the tab. Pull hard enough, and it puts enough force to push the tab. So just by lightly pulling the trigger (but not heard enough to fire) the piece touches the tab. So it seems like your spring (the one that pulls the piece back towards the trigger) may have become too tight some how and its too tense, not allowing the piece to touch the hammer tab.

well i couldnt wait for tonight, i tore the thing apart with nothing to go on. couldnt find anything wrong, put it back together(i still have one little springy thing that attaches to the slide catch that i dont know how to reinstall) and it works now. for how long im not sure, but its firing right now and thats good enough for me

Archived