Gas mask

Unlimited Ammo

I 2nd the 'idiot test' idea. Why chance it out on the field? If like me, your resi is a nice new one and you don't want to find out that it's rubbish against BB's, buy a cruddy one from a surplus store and test that. If it works, great. If it breaks, at least you still have your nice one for impressions/running around the house in ;):D

My point exactly Un_Friendly fire. I'd say more like 80%, especially in summer.

Not saying don't do, after all, it's your kit U'_Ammo. Just wonder why.

Trust me after 8 hours in full NBC 4 Romeo, running around like a blue arsed fly, digging holes etc etc. I'd be glad never to see the stuff again.

It's unpleasent just doing annual NBC training. Let alone using the stuff when I'm out to have a laugh.

But as I said, whatever floats your boat. Thinking about putting on a rubber face mask and half suffocating yourself may even border on perverse you know.

(I wish people wouldn't call them gas masks. It's a respirator. Yeah I know I'm picky)

Has anyone tried using UK or US kevlar helmets, with those dirty great riot visors attached (I am lacking knowledge on the proper name)?

I mean in NZ, you can buy real US/UK kevlar helmets, that are like $50 cheaper than the fake airsoft ones, so it seems logical you could get hold of one of those visor sets to go with it...

I saw a prison riot helmet the other day... and this little fireproof number!!!

So many choices... *cough*

I'll agree with what everyone says. They are disgusting to wear after some time. I've done the NBC drills and exercises in it, and it's not pretty. Sweat and DKP2 powder EVERYWHERE! *shudder*

That being said I've used a respirator before. They work fine, just the breathing issues and sweat to contend with. Although the look of fear on your enemy's face when you storm a room with a ressie on is nice to see! :D

Archived