opinion on this gun.

the guy

hey guys, a newbie here. ive been playin paintball for about 2 years now and i want to try out airsoft because i have a lot of friends who play it and they say its real fun because you can get the realistic feeling that you cant get in paintball, which is what i want.

ok, so anyway. im thinking about getting the tokyo marui M4A1. is this a good choice? i like the looks of it and i heard that pretty much all AEG's perform the same. so before i buy this, is there anything i should know?, like what kind of battery or nything like that.

thanks

hello *Edit* oops forgot the "O" in Hello and welcome to the fourms. whoever told you that all AEG's preform the same obviusily doesn't know what there talking about. Not all AEG's preform the same, but all Tokyo Marui guns preform the same. When you ask where your going to be using it, can you say where your mostly going to be playing? If it's in CQB, then you actually might want to get a smaller gun like a MP5, even though the M4A1 can be used for CQB, but if your gonna be playing in woodland, its a good choice. You might even want to go the extra mile, and buy a classic army M15A4. Ohh and your really lucky that I'm the one responding, because if some of the other memebers *cough* TaQ *cough* had responded they would've flamed you. PS please Search before posting a topic, because this, question has been asked a million times before. Cheers!

hell and welcome to the fourms.

Looks to me like you're flaming him...

Anywho, as crandall suggested, check out either the Classic Army M15A4 Carbine or the ICS M4. Both are very reliable, come with metal receivers (bodies), and are slightely upgraded (300-330 FPS). Check em' out!

I have an ICS M4A1 callapsable stock (grrrr need a battery LOL) and its awsome! everything is metal besides the sliding part of the stock, the extirior of the handle and the forward handgrip case. looks great wieght is realastick very strong. i would go with ICS M4 well obviusly {:) because i have one LOL well happy airsofting blabla i dont know haha good luck! there hehe =)

most of the members in this forums have said lots of good stuff about the ICS M4.

AKs have also been said it's solid and reliable... (somewhere i dont remember where the posts are though, im sure i've seen it somewhere)

MP5 <-- me likes!!!

and it really does depend on what style you play in, you a camper? or a rusher? or a sprayer even?

there're lots of other threads in the forums... do a search and i reckon it'll answer most of your questions :)

edit: hope you enjoy airsofting too mate :) i've paintballed before and it's a completely different playing style and different tactics used here too... i find it more fun as i like the fact that there are so many variations on the guns used in airsoft and there arent many people in the paintball field using pistols as the ones i know of are only 10shots and with a crappy range/accuracy. so i think im sticking to airsoft now :) so i can spend endless hours playing with the modifications on it :P

Haha, there're heated debates over who am da bestest gunz twice a week, and most of the time, it's argued over if CA M15A4's better or ICS M4A1's better? It has become so pointless. And just before Hissing_sid jumps in here, I'll tell you which is BETTER. CA M15A4!

Anyways, Marui AEG's are fine as long as you stay away from MP5s and M4s because ICS and CA make much more superior models in those two catagories.

thanks, uuuummmm, i looked at the Classic Army M-15-A4 Carbine, i like it, i think im gonna buy it. ok. does it take a 8.4v battery like all of the other non upgraded guns do? < i think they do, i dunno. i feel so stupid because i always hate new people comin in a paintball forum asking all these stupid questions that have probably been asked a million times. i yell at them to use the search button, like one of you did. so where is the damn search button on this forum anyway?

to be honest with you 'the guy', which model really depends on your personal preference. just like cars. i mean if you can find a model that you like... search on the forum to see the pros and cons on it... ask which parts are recommended to be upgraded to a stronger part to stop it from breaking in the first place... (eg internal parts like hop up parts or tappet plates [yes R22 i remember the discussion i've had with you]) i reckon that's the best bet while keeping everything as stock and standard...

as for the 'what am teh b3stest gun' i dont even bother with commenting anymore... it's personal preference... if everyone liked the same thing... it'll be so dull and boring... everyone would have the same thing (or similar anyway)

edit: ahh nice :) search am teh b3stest tool in teh forumz! search am teh rox0rs! lol

thanks, uuuummmm, i looked at the Classic Army M-15-A4 Carbine, i like it, i think im gonna buy it. ok. does it take a 8.4v battery like all of the other non upgraded guns do? < i think they do, i dunno.  i feel so stupid because i always hate new people comin in a paintball forum asking all these stupid questions that have probably been asked a million times. i yell at them to use the search button, like one of you did. so where is the damn search button on this forum anyway?

It certainly does, and it will take 9.6v without any problem too.

the search button? good question. I never use it. :D *looking down at the buttom of the thread*

ok, so anyway. im thinking about getting the tokyo marui M4A1. is this a good choice? i like the looks of it and i heard that pretty much all AEG's perform the same. so before i buy this, is there anything i should know?, like what kind of battery or nything like that.

I have a TM M4A1, and i would recomend it to anyone. I would personally go with a TM if it is your first gun. TM has a better reputation than other guns, not saying that they are better totally. A new player wants a reliable gun, and I say that TM guns are some of the most reliable. The TM M4A1 is one of the more popular guns. It is also one of the more customisable gun out there. If you want it one you gun, it proble will work on a M4. now with that being said, it depends whats you want. A metal body, go with CA, ICS or if you have alot of money a systma. If you plan on being in the woods get the M4, if you are going to be doing a lot of CQB get a MP5. In the end, get what YOU want not what everyone tells you to get. Its your money not ours, dont get a gun we like get a you like.

hope this helps some

thanks guys, i i like the look of the gun so i think im gonna get it, and everyone else says its sturdy and performs well. so ill buy this gun, and some goggles, and a extra high capacity mag, annnnnnd some bb's. is there anything else i need to get started or any upgrades you recommend to enhance the performance of this gun?

thanx for the help.

thanks guys, i i like the look of the gun so i think im gonna get it, and everyone else says its sturdy and performs well.  so ill buy this gun, and some goggles, and a extra high capacity mag, annnnnnd some bb's.  is there anything else i need to get started or any upgrades you recommend to enhance the performance of this gun?

thanx for the help.

Now, which one are you talking about? TM's M4 is not sturdy (except maybe the new S-system). TM M4/M16s single handedly created and maintains the legendary and infamous barrel wobble problem.

thanks guys, i i like the look of the gun so i think im gonna get it, and everyone else says its sturdy and performs well.  so ill buy this gun, and some goggles, and a extra high capacity mag, annnnnnd some bb's.  is there anything else i need to get started or any upgrades you recommend to enhance the performance of this gun?

thanx for the help.

If you get the CA M15A4 Carbine, which I'd recommend as I have one and it's been flawless, you should consider buying a 9.6v V-shaped battery.

It'll only fit in M4-style guns, and it'll be too high voltage for other guns, but in a CA M15 it's superb. I run mine on one, and when I was forced to run it on an 8.4v one day, I thought the rate of fire was abysmal.

Also, a V-shaped battery should last for a whole day, whereas you'll need at least 2 'mini' batteries, and you'll have to swap them over part-way through your skirmish day.

Hehe, you must have some poor quality 8.4v batteries. I couldn't really tell much difference between using my 9.6v and 8.4v batteries when both them are fully charged. :) (Maybe I just got a really good 8.4v battery. :rolleyes: ) I think battery qualities do vary a lot, so make sure you get some good quality batteries. How do you know if the battery you get is good quality? On a stock new AEG, for every 1000 mah, you should be able to shoot around 1500 rounds, and the rate of fire shouldn't drop untill the last few hundreds of rounds.

Anyways, Marui AEG's are fine as long as you stay away from MP5s and M4s because ICS and CA make much more superior models in those two catagories.

It's interesting that you say that as if you search through all the mp5 posts the majority I've seen with problems are non-TM.

ICS have tappet issues amongst other breakage problems, wobbly mags, and as screaming weasel found out, the SD's don't take the TM tracer unit.

If you want a good gun that's easily upgradable and you don't care if it's not metal (and therefore slightly lighter when lugging it around all day) then TM MP5's are great.

Archived