China M14 clones now on Philipipnes shores

joeshred

From the Philippine board http://acmgames.proboards66.com

Initial Review Made by BroJames (http://www.brojames.tk)

Kart M66 (aka USGI M14)

ASM14_Kart.jpg

First glance. I know that part above the outer barrel is plastic so that was what caught my attention as I opened the box and yikes - that plasticky shine (the manual referred to it as a handguard). Well, I guess it is nothing a simple flat black BOSNY won't fix. I took a brief look at the box: an 8.4v 1500mah NiCd sub-c battery back, a 400mah charger, a sling, an 8 page manual of sorts, a few token BBs and lots of fond memories of firing a M14. The manual listed a cleaning rod, a 1.5mm allen wrench, and "insurance cap" (orange cap) as among the accessories but these were not found in the units I tested.

M14_battCompartment.jpg

The battery compartment. Notice that there is no fuse but the fuse terminal is there.

The outer barrel is metal and so is the bolt area or bolt assembly. coc king the bolt gives off a magnificent clinking metal sound absent in the VSR and M50. Releasing the bolt completes the thrill of c*cking a real gun.

The magazine is metal and hi-cap. The capacity? I was thinking of 400-600 b ut a look at the manual laters says its "260 hairs play the box" (I was told that it is a literal translation for 260 pcs of bullet). Loading some BBs I fired a few shots and whoaa 330fps average. I tested other units (as the M14's box is not sealed by plastic) and got an average of 310-330fps.

M14_hop.jpg

The hop up dial, like Marui's, is located inside the magwell (rightmost).

M14_selector.jpg

The selector switch turned clockwise is full auto, turned counter clockwise is semi-auto. That thing in front of the trigger guard is the safety which is "off" in the picture. Pushed inside towards the trigger turns the safety on.

The M14 is powered by a EG700-clone Hi-torque Motor (EG1000 is high speed). No, I didn't suddenly become an expert on motors - its printed on the box.

Internals? I'm not familiar with the TM version so I'll try to open one later tonight.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
YES! FINALLY! but.. $160..? no thanks.. thats not that much cheaper than the marui one..

Significantly cheaper then a Marui m14 costs you in the states!

I am very intrigued... what is the metal content of the body? Outer barrel/gas tube metal?

This is deffinetly on the 'to buy' list once they reach wider distribution.

Thanks for the heads up!

Steve

must get a job i need one of these m14's

Hah nice, Hows the quality of the metal? If its decent It could be come a potential replacement for my current Marui reciever which has decided to destroy itself =( THe stock could be usefull as an alternative to my woodland paintjob, maybe a desert paintjob 0.o If thats the case then I need to consider which I want more, the L96 or replacement parts for my Marui?

OAaaahh...!!! I just got a hard-on! 160$ for an M14, shooting 330 FPS and a battery (some might think chinese batteries must be ####, but an 8,4 1300mAh gave me incredible ROF at 370FPS).

Im selling all I can right now. I bet Gunnerairsoft will get them soon!

Clone or not-clone, the M14 is an airsoft wet-dream down here in south america... and U$160 (without considering the S/H) it´s pretty reasonable for a gorgeous rifle as that!

Personally, I prefer the wood version, and with a little "wheathering" and dry-brushing on the "metal" parts, it would look awesome!

But after all... it´s a M14, for Pete´s sake! the heir of the legendary Garand!

Archived