How Long Was It From When You Got Into Airsoft To

D313373R

How long was it from when you got into airsoft to your first aeg. I am a newb i have been playing the greatest game on earth for 6 months and still and using sprigers. I may soon get a gbb(yay). how long was it until you got your fist aeg and what was it.

Waited about 2 or 3 months from the time I first handled an AEG to the time I bought my P90 and then bought my G3 2 months after that.  Now I'm getting an Ak47...

nice choice of AEGs you got there, a varied choice.

been playing with springers and NBBs since I was a wee lad of about 6-8 years. my first battery powered thing was an Uzi that fired 3rps running on 4 AA batteries.

bought my first AEG 3 years ago - AKS horrible 2nd hand from war4.

got my metal M9 at the same time.... mmmm HEY SLEDGE!!!! look!!!! mmmmetal M9~!!!!! :P

getting my G3 (bloody shop keeper too lazy to quote me, now I'm leaving Hong Kong in 2 days!!! got to send dhl or something... :angry: )

well, i mean ... i got my first springer like 7 years before i started out with airsoft. I really dont count all those years of meaningless turding around as active airsofter years just because i really dont count a springer pistol as a part of a serious airsofters arsenal ;))

But, i bought my first AEG like almost 4 years ago so that's where my time-line starts :)

I repaired hundreds upon hundreds of springers when I was an early teen, (I actually bought 100 broken guns and spring rifles when I was 18, and fixed all bar one that got used for parts)

I got my firt aeg about 6 years ago, and now I'm 26, someone else can do the maths.

Blimey, have I been in to Airsoft the longest? :huh:

I got my first springer in the late 1980's, and it was probably about 3 or 4 years before I got my first AEG. It was a TM XM177e2 that I bought in about late 1992, with a very plastic body, and no HOP-UP (HOP-UP units hadn't been invented then). I've still got it and it still skirmishes to this day, although the gearbox is broken in to two halves. Still works fine though :blink:

So that means I've been an Airsoft collector for about 15 years, an Airsoft skirmisher for about 13 or 14 years, and an AEG owner for nearly 12 years!

Darn, I'm getting old... :mellow:

I,ve skirmished up in sites in Northern Ireland once before and I've just got my first AEG, FAMAS all the way! I nearly actually bought a Spets but the problems in fitting an extended inner barrel were a serous turnoff!I might not have that much practical experience but I've collated as much info as I can(manuals, upgrade guides, 100s of reviews etc) so I can hold my own. All in all I've been at airsoft probably 2-3 months AND I AM HOOKED!!

RE the pic: I'm only kiddin lads, I'm sure theres gonna be times in the future when I'll rely on yer experience, feel free to poke fun at the drawing

hill.bmp

I've just got my first GBB, about 9 months after getting my first springer (a gun I still love); it'll be a year or so yet before I think about getting my first AEG :) It'll be an M16 though, I can tell you that already.

Actually, that's not strictly true. My very first springer was a cheapy SPAS 12 (in parts under my bed) I bought with some money from my 21st bday; over two years ago then.

My first AEG was/is my P90 TR that I got in May. That was my second gun (first was a ###### KWC P99 that died a few weeks later, so I don't really count it as my first gun :wacko: ). Since then, I got two WA (one Infinity and one Wilson HiCap), one KJ Full Metal Beretta, and one KSC G26. However, I didn't see the need for four pistols, so I sold the Wilson and I'm trying to get rid of the Glock. :blink:

Take heart man :)

I don't want an AEG because I wouldn't use it enough to warrant having one. I've bought a laptop and about £600 worth of Army gear in the last year, and I really want an AEG, but it would just sit in my room lookingpretty and that's all. A GBB is still a lot o' fun :)

It took me 3 or 4 years of springer ownership before I got my first AEG, but that's largely because AEGs hadn't been invented then  :)

My answer starts the same way but I'm not that old.

3 or 4 years of springer ownership before I got my first AEG, but that's largely because I didn't know that AEG's exist, and when I was told... It was quite a job to talk my mothers head around to buy me an AK. Now I can say it was worth the efforts. It's a pity that my dear AK is being repaired, fortunately I could afford a backup GBB.

I won a springer in a competition and had no idea what Airsoft was at the time. I spent a few weeks looking into Airsoft, ended up with about 7 after 6 months. My mum didn't like the idea so I waited till I moved out before going for the 'big guns'. Bought myself a Glock19 (sold to TaQ, is that my old Glock with all those mods on TaQ?),M92F and Samurai Edge (Barry Burton model).

The Glock was sold as it was never used, the M92F was sold to someone at work (who is now a fellow Airsoft team member) and the collectors Sam Edge is safely stored in a locked box in my room. I then moved on to an AEG, around 18 months after getting my first springer.

I guess there is no time limit as to when to get one. If you don't have the money you can rent them out or borrow them.

---

Kinch

Devil Corp

Archived