TM G36?

airsoftrox

The CA36C is $295 on poweredge, its about $20-25 for a battery and trickle charger. The TM G36C is $245, 270-280 with battery. A hicap will run $35 or so, making it $310 or so. There's only a $10 difference ther between the CA and the TM, and you can afford that to get a MUCH better performing gun. The TM is a great gun, dont get me wrong, but the CA stomps on it in the shooting department. Not to metnion that the CA comes with side rails, another $20-40 bonus.

At our store, we recommend the TM G36C over the CA36 models. Reliability is handed down to the TM models here and I personally lean towards that the TM G36C feels much more better than the CA36. There is not much bad points on the TM G36 model from my experiance as I have bought another G36C from my store (my third G36C) so I can make more variants of it. Then again you are comparing the TM G36C to the CAM15. In my experiances with them, I say the TM is a much more better gun here. I can go about talking all about the G36C and why the CA M15 is not recommended, but I'll spare it and you can try your own research on this topic. There is another user here who made a very similar topic comparing the same guns and I believe it's becoming obvious as to which gun is more obsolete and which one is more reliable.

One of the guys I play with owns the TM G36C and it is awesome. It doesn't feel cheap (although a little cheaper than the CAG36k *only other G36 model I've held :P*) and it works great. I highly recommend that!

Maybe not over the CA, because I've never held nor shot one (I own a CA M15 Rifle, but not a G36 of any type), but I do recommend the Tokyo Marui, incase anyone says it is bad, for some crazy reason.

The CA is better. And here is why:

-Fiberglass body. Much more realistic than TM's body for one reason, it's basically the real steel material. The realsteel G36s use fiberglass.

-7mm gearbox. It pwns the 6mm.

-Comes with better internals like heavy duty gears and a heavy duty motor. Although the piston and bucking is ######. Replace those when you have a chance.

CA CA36cs do last a long time and are pretty durable. My friend's CA36c has been going strong for a year now and the only problems he has had with it is he broke the gearbox from upgrading it wrong and a tightbore barrel + desert dust = constant jams.

Replace the wires, piston, and bucking. Wires and bucking is pretty cheap. A new piston is a "just in case" because those strip a lot.

We got many customers with CA guns that break literally. The fiber body is not even strong at all as I have tested most of the CA guns. I tested the CA M249, ALL CA M15 varients, CA AUG A1, CA MP5, CA SARM41, and the CA M24 series. Most of these guns, in fact all of them did have fault internal designs and the the so called 7mm case do BREAK and the fiber body do SNAP. Even the M15 metal bodies to break in half as couple customers brought thier guns in for repairs. CA guns don't even tend to seal better than TM guns as well. And stock CA guns needs to parts to be replaced immediately when the gun is bought. If you buy a TM gun, you have trusted internals and all you probably want for the gun is a spring and metal bushings to have it shoot 350 or 400. If you want to make it more reinforced, I recommend buying the nozzle and the psring guide for it.

CA may claim it is realistic, but at times they are not. We had numerous customers who bought the TM guns over the CA guns because they said this is more closer to what we use than the CA guns.

Just to let you know, my TM G36 is still running for more than 2 years now. I even bought a third one because I knew from my past it works way better than my CA36 I used to have. My TM G36 now shoots way farther, faster, and straighter than a CA and it's still shooting.

Lol, no offence Shinden, but you're the only one reccomending the TM over the CA. While it is you're own decision, i'd personnaly reccomend the CA just because they've really upped their game over the past year. I'm planning on buying a brand new CA G36C as soon as i get my bloody paychek (hopefully next week), because i've just heard nothing but praise from CA owners of the gun. Yes, the TM is good because of trusted internals, but it is also plastic, and i will eventually break if you throw it around or land on it wrong. CA is fiberglass, basicly plastic but alot better. Nowi wont comment, because i've only held the gun during a game, never actually played, but damn did it feel rock solid. But either way they're both made out of plastic, one stronger than the other, but they wont break if you dont throw it against a wall or anything, i mean they're toys, as much as we'd like our hard earned $300 to be worth a unbreakable gun, its not and they will both eventually break.

hey!

in case G36, go for the CA mate!

owned a C and now a K.

earlier the CA selector switch wasnt too good, but CA swapped that to an even better than the TM.

the looks, the feel, the guts, the interchangeability and its easy to upgrade.

Well if that's your choice, it's your choice. I've had many experiance with CA guns therefore I know which one to choose and recommend. The fiber body on the M41 also snapped just to let you know. I can't really say that CA's Fiber body is going to be much of a help in terms of durability.

Well if that's your choice, it's your choice. I've had many experiance with CA guns therefore I know which one to choose and recommend. The fiber body on the M41 also snapped just to let you know. I can't really say that CA's Fiber body is going to be much of a help in terms of durability.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Usually, people talk about how M4's and such snap and break when dropped because of their rigidity. The CA G36 series is just about the opposite of something like that, which anyone who has ever held it would know. The fiberglass body (which isn't actually fiberglass, btw, its a mix of plastic and fiberglass) is designed to bend under pressure and thus be harder to break. The next time you're holding a CA G36C or any other G36 from CA, twist the stock. It should bend. If it doesn't, its not a Classic Army. I've had a CA36K for over a half a year now, it's never broken and it durable as hell. I've never heard anyone complain about the durability of a CA, especially over a TM. No comparison, period.

IMO, if you get the TM you'll probably like it at first since Marui's have amazing internals and are really good beginners guns, but as time goes by and you get more experienced, you'll wish you had saved up just a little more and gotten the CA36C.

Before you make a final decision, read Arnie's Review. He doesn't leave anything out.

Also, how often do you play? If you're not a fairly serious airsofter (as in you only play once every two months or something or you're in an area where noone else plays) you might want to go with the TM.

My TM body was cracked without 2 months of it arriving from Den. I've had a CA body on it for coming up on 2 years and it's better feeling and crack free.

Just get the CA.

thats just a lemon then. I have owned a tm G36c for 3 years now, and not one hick up, creek, moan, groan, nor has it had any internal problems. Its true tm guns are by far more realible than a ca gun.

The main prob with the ca m15/m4 series that the bodies chip easily, the paint on the ca body will chip from a tree limb, a stary bb, just about anything. My Ca M15a4 ris body does chip, it does miss fire, it does stutter fire, and it does jam. All the problems with ca are fairly minor, but they are problems the tm wont have.

O ya dont get the CA G36c, its not as good as the tm g36c in my opinion. My friend has owned his ca g36c for not quite two years, and his selector switch ( you know the switch that lets you choose from semi auto , to full auto, and saftey) it feel off. The gun is made from mostly abs plastic, and the gun does not run as smooth as a tm (when it shots it sounds like its stripping its gears). He also sent his ca in for a cracked piston head when his gun only shot out about 3,000 rounds. My opinion the tm G36c is a good choiceYa the Ca G36c will out perform the tm, but it will never last as long, and it wont run as smooth. THe performence edge is not enough to make me change my mind in my opinion (my tm G36c was radar chrono'd at 290fps, the ca G36c does 300-310fps) the difference in fps can easly be made up by skill, plus when tm G36c shoots you dont encessary give away your position right away, when a ca shoots everyone knows where you are. The ca does not have any side rails, or at least the ones i looked at on precision and depot53 dont have any side rails, so whoever said that was wrong (plus if you could put side rails on they would be a waste all you could fit is a tac flash light). IN my opinion you want a gun that has a performence edge out of the box get a G&P. GOt any questions about the tm G36c let me know.

mmk I own a CA g36K w/ tm mechbox, CA g36c and have owned a TM g36c. I have friends that own the CA g36K and G36E.

My opinion on the matter is this. Get a CA g36 and put a TM mechbox in it. FULL MECHBOX!!!! Along with wires and trigger. You will thank yourself. The body on the classic army is great. It is very durable but will come apart along the seams after HEAVY use. This only occurs on the handguard and stock in my experience. Just super glue it back together in a vise over night and you will not have this problem again. The body on the CA is superb non the less. You will want to replace the hop up bucking too as they are less than perfect. If you intend to keep it stock with minor upgrades a CA is right for you. Oh and you will want to replace motor, it really does suck. Also the gearbox is COMPATIBLE not fully though. SO only the spring,gears,spring guide, maybe piston will fit. Although that is from a guarder ftk which is what I have in my K. CA seems to have replaced the selector too. In my C, which is a earlier model the selector will slide but not click inplace. My K which is new does click in place. You will want to replace the wires too because they are cheap and of bad quality.

Tm bodies are good for a while but deteriorate faster with use.

The TM selector will be able to "flick" into place which Im pretty sure replicates the real rifle.

CA mags are alot sturdier than Tm mags and should be purchased instead of the latter. Although g36 mags are not that strong and durable anyways. A problem that occurs is the tabs will break off.

This is my experience with the guns.

CA body> TM body

TM internals> CA internals

so unless you are able to go into your gun and tinker or have a friend/store to do it for you get the TM but if not get the CA and put a TM gearbox in if upgrading.

Thought this might help. Its from a thread I started a while back when I was deciding between the CA and the STAR G36k. Staticzero gave some sound advice. I had to cut out a bunch of it...

Well, I'll start off by saying the Star body doesn't surpass CA's. It's better than the TM G36C, and it does have Hk markings which the CA lacks, but the CA36 series' body color and texture and material are all much more realistic than Star's offerings. Here is a picture of my custom G36K to illustrate this.

This is a CA body with real handguard.

DSCN0167.sized.jpg

I do think Star's body looks good, just not as good as CA's. There are some areas where the CA36 is not perfectly accurate to the realsteel though. Obviously it lacks the trademarks. Aside from that, the butt pad is improperly shaped, and the barrel is slightly too long, as are the prongs of the flash hider. I also feel the barrel finish is too shiny. These are areas Star did do better than CA.

On the topic of wiring, it is a little messy in the CA36 line, yes. It just floats in the handguard space as you can see below. But I don't think it's that hard to deal with (or to secure it with some tape if it bothers you that much). One nice thing about the CA36K's battery space is it's pre-modified to allow for 4/5A based G36 custom packs.

IMG_6771.sized.jpg

IMG_6772.sized.jpg

As for the internals, it's true CA's are more 'proven' having been around longer. However, they are not perfect. One thing I'll always change in any CA gun I might buy is the piston head. In my experience it's just not that great a part and it's tough to get good compression using it. Also, it might be a good idea to check the shimming and lubrication to make sure it's optimal. Other than that the CA internals are pretty darn good IMHO,. Although, some people like to change the hop up rubber.

Problems do occur with CA guns. Like any other make they are certainly not immune to having issues from time to time. Buy from a reputable dealer with a good return/exchange policy regardless of which make you go with. This will protect you form any out-of-box issues.

One piece of advice I'd give you based on a lot of user reports is that if you do get a CA36 be sure to get a good battery (such as an Intellect IB1400 based pack, the best choice for it IMHO). CA36's seem to be amperage hungry though really this is sound advice in either case.

If you want my personal recommendation I'd go with the CA36K.

Also I do suggest you do some searching and read some reviews. Much of this has been discussed before, and recently in some cases. Narrow your search to titles only if you're having trouble finding good results.

The ca does not have any side rails, or at least the ones i looked at on precision and depot53 dont have any side rails, so whoever said that was wrong...

aww, cmon man.

even on the CA homepage they are there, so if a store sells a C without the siderails, then its rippin you off.

and: Staticzeros right just about everything, the pistonhead needs to be replaced if you want a better compression. or if not replaced, a TM o-ring should do the trick and its a childsplay to do.

Archived