Tokyo Marui's Next Gun

FarEast

Well sorry to disapoint all you conspiricy theorists out there but Tokyo Marui's gun will be two new models of the ever so popular M14.

This time these will be in the style of the SOC 16 in black and OD sporting a sandstone finishing texture to the stock, it will also come with rail mounts. I have seen the finished product and i have to say it's very impressive, and what with the reliablity of the TM M14 over that of the G&G this is sure to put a dent in thier sales.

Estimated date of release is next month and knowing the Japanese holiday season it might not be out for Christmas but with 100% certainty will be out for New Years!

The price will be identical to that of the current full length M14's so again it's a win win situation. According to the people at Tokyo Marui they have also fixed some of the issues reported with the 1st generation m14's.

I will be heading in to Tokyo tomorrow so i should have some pictures for you soon!

P.S

I have the new Glock 17 sitting on my lap right now......give me about 2 hours and i should have a report for you.

Only ONE AEP to be released per year? Why, it makes me think that Tokyo Maruis Market Researchers reside under rocks! Thats the MP7 for 2006, maybe a TMP on 2007, Mac10 on 2008, and finally the VZ61 on 2009. This is not good, not good at all. Far East, you don't think you could bash some sense into Maruis' heads for us, could you?

Hmmm, this has been news for over two weeks, hasn't it?

Still good to know that it'll also be available in OD and that it'll be released before the New Years at the latest. Plus, this is FarEast, he'll get us more pictures and info than we can google up.

I for one am glad that TM is making the TM14SOCOM, what with G&G's SOC16 being rather iffy. There are times for innovation, there are also times for just making things better. :P

I know that we're running out of real steel weapons to make but this really is a bit of a dull choice. Oh well, I suppose it will be a bit more reliable than the G&G and they have already seen there is a market for it with the popularity of the G&G one.

I have the normal one, and the only issue I have is that the little peice that follows under the chargin handle broke off.

Anybody know the technical term for that please tell me. It's the thin strip that runs from under the selector switch all the way up to the front of the charging handle.

Wow... we get another M14, thats really something "new"  :rolleyes:

Well... maybe I expect to much from Marui. Things like real innovation not just 5 versions of the same gun.

SOCOM'ing up a standard TM M14 would cost an extra $100+. Hooray to TM for making things more affordable. The black stock looks badass as well. I'm sure if TM were to make an M14 EBR even if it cost ~$100-200 more than standard, there would be quite a few people that would be happy to purchase even though it's just another variation of the same gun (seeing as how separate EBR conversion kits cost $450 to $1200).

Archived