Disabling L85 Blowback

DFSM

I assume you mean the G&G L85?

if so, when you have the upper receiver off of the gun and the gearbox is in the TMH you will be able to see the top of the gearbox, the blowback unit etc.

right at the back of the gearbox at the top is a small hex nut which is behind the blwoback unit. Unscrew this and remove it. The blowback unit should then be able to slide out freely from the back of its guide rails. Move it back, twist it up and pull it out.

That should be it.

Again, thanks. I got my blowback disabled and everything is good.

However, I'd still like to know if anyone knows where to get a rail adapter.

you don't need a rail adapter, it is already 20mm. beacause it is dovetail shaped, scopes go on fine, it doesn't stop the bolts from sitting low enough where they would normally engage a 'gap in the rail'.

I think Star do actually sell an adaptor to go from the dovetail to a proper picatinny rail.

However, ironically, the Star dovetail is slightly narrower than the G&G one so you'd need to take the rail off and file the sides of it very slightly to make the adaptor fit. 5 minutes with a nail file would do it.

As Dechande said, however, you can just bung any scope with 20mm mounts straight on. The only "problem" will be that the screws won't lock the position of the scope by sitting in the cross-cuts as they would on a proper picatinny rail.

This isn't a problem in airsoft though cos recoil isn't a big deal.

Besides all that though, why aren't you fitting a Star SUSAT?

Every time somebody fits a scope that isn't a SUSAT to an L85 god kills a kitten! :P

Besides all that though, why aren't you fitting a Star SUSAT?

Perhaps because that POS is only good for weighing down papers on your desktop.

You can remove the old rail and screw on a picatinny if you like. The original rail is attached with three screws from the inside. Alternatively, you can use tin can shims to make regular scope mounts positively grab the rail.

-Sale

Perhaps because that POS is only good for weighing down papers on your desktop.

Bah! It may be a POS and it may only be good for weighing down papers on my desktop but it looks cool, okay?! :unsure:

Airsoft rule #1 applies: If it looks good, it must be right.

Archived