KJW 1911A1 Problem

King

Having some weird problems with this KJW 1911A1, but I guess that was to be expected. I can't seem to get through an entire mag without the gun dumping it's gas in a rather violent fashion. I'm no GBB expert and I don't even know where to start looking on this one. Playing with the hex screw in the back of the mag seems to do...stuff. Loosen it a bit and you'll have BBs rolling out the barrel on every shot. Tighten it up and the BBs fire properly, right up until the mag purges :blink:

Maybe it has something to do with cool down? The faster I fire the faster the mag seems to reach critical mass and explode. If I give it a few seconds in between shots it seems to last longer...I don't know. Any help you can give would be appreciated.

this has everything to do with cooldown. the gas gets weaker and it gets to a point where it's weak enough that the hammer is powerful enough to let it all out in a big "whoosh". this also happens when you run out of gas.

The 1911a1's magazine doesnt store enough gas for a full mag, it only has enough for 7 or 8, so that's what is expected.

wait for airsoft retreat to come back up

Timco or FAF?? posted a bit of information on the appropriate Western Arms parts to put into your KJW magazines.. to increase usage even.

The same thing has started happening with my KJW P14-45. It had the BB rolling out the barrel thing right out of the box, had to fix that with a custom hop-up.

The KJW 1911/P14 models aren't very reliable, sadly. A shame, because otherwise they're really cool.

Wege, just spent half an hour searching for that bit of information, no luck. If it could really fix the gas purging problem, it would be awesome - do you have a link to the thread on AR?

umm. no.. cos they are down??

well well well I see that they are not now!.. grin

it was dead easy.. it was on page 3 of the Gas discussion forums.. to this thread:

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/topic...?TOPIC_ID=64612

enjoy (oops.. and it was by FYW.. I knew it was something like that.. sigh)

The KJW Para magazines need a little work before they work fine, you need to lube them up very well, and then fill and discharge the magazines slowly a few times, this will soften up the rubber and make it hold gas just fine. My Para went from barely finishing off a magazine worth of BBs to gettig nearly 60bbs per fill of gas.

Thanks man! Silly me, I kept searching for "kjw magazine". Hahaha, not a single "magazine" mentioned in the whole thread, only "mag"... should've tried searching for that, and "clip" too. :P

Hmm wow, that sounds easy, all I need is a WA P14-45 mag. There may be hope for my rotten KJ Para yet.

Oh, and Mega, my KJ Para used to work perfectly (after modifying the hop-up). It has only recently started purging the gas, and mainly when it's 15C or colder. At 17C, it shoots just fine. You've just been lucky with yours.

the main reason i didn't want to get a KJ 1911 was because of the pants mags. but now it seems that just by swapping out the top portion, you can get a perfectly working WA mag. which also means you can have more than 10 bbs a mag. doesn't help me too much, i bought a para:) still need to know how it works, though. ::prays it works perfectly::

Archived