CA SL9 @ UNCompany

gafes

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shipping was about $62 which will be a very sad day for me if someone like Airsoftatlanta gets the CA8-2 for the same price...

I chose to do the deal because I also ordered 5 G&P 120rnd midcaps with it as well, and it saved me $25 in costs getting it from Hong Knong...

So it only cost me $37 (thats why I tell myself so I can sleep at night)

Problem is, it requires a different body to use that stock, so it would be a total body conversion to use it no matter what.

If someone would sell just the stock and receiver, that would make me happy too...

I'm sure some modification would make it possible. I could always buy a complete kit and try it out. If it doesn't look like it would be possible then I can still convert the G36 between two different configuration depending on what type of field I'll be playing at.

What I really want is a solid stock G36. I dislike folding stocks as I always feel nervous about them breaking somehow, even if it is unlikely.

Well Cobalt, welcome to my world. I love the look of a full thumbhole stock on any G36 variant and have wanted one since I started airsoft many years ago.

It is impossible to unite an SL8/9 stock with a regular G36 body without some serious stucko work… and then you would have a hell of a time keeping the stock attached. The whole reason I am getting that Sl9 is to convert it into a project I am working on. Think full length G36 with SL8 rail, black SL9 body, and M16 Vietnam magazines :)

I purchased a STAR kit a while back since I loved SL9s stocks so much, but was very turned off by the poor quality of the kits and the shabby plastic (think Marui G36 plastic vs. CA36 glass fiber). I sold the kit parts that you were talking about on here several months ago and just waited for the CA-8 to come out. Now that it’s on the market I can finally get it and make my dream come true.

As for the lucky lad that got my SL9 kit… it’s ironic that he is working on a project similar to mine. See here.

I honestly cannot justify spending that much on an AEG… since I think airsoft burns cash like nothing else. However, I never keep the things I don’t use and always part guns out. From experience selling things, I can confidently say that my old AEG, Hand Guard With Bipod, and 3x Magnification Carry Handle will make the difference between getting the CA8 and my current loadout only about $150… and $120 of that is from new magazines I have purchased for my converter.

That price I can justify.

Hope that gives you some logic and ideas

Kov

Yep, that you can do no problem - you'll just have to change the inner barrel, which in the SL9's case, means 3 screws - to remove the gas block that he hop up is attached to. pop it off, change barrels, slide it back in and rescrew. Takes maybe 10 minutes.

whatever you do, don't take a hacksaw to an inner barrel unless you have a way to bevel the end.

Gazchap has a great SL9 conversion guide linked in his sig, that can also double as a great takedown guide for G36s.

Yes, every other part is 100% interchangeable with any G36 make or model so your top rail and G36 front end will fit perfect. I currently have an inner barrel and hand guard for sale so you won’t have trouble finding them (they come up quite often on the sales section).

Only cut inner barrels with either a pipe cutter or best of all, a lathe.

I was like that once too... but then I figured out that I will never use my G36c parts. Why? I guess I am a weapon master style player... focus on one weapon until you know it like an extension of your body.

So I just end up using it for all the field I play (other than pistol games mind you :P )

Archived