ICS are releasing a SIG SG series.

Prolific

I saw they are selling SIG SG series magazines on their website and emailed them to ask if they are planning to sell the rifles as well. They emailed me this:

Thanks for your mail and inquiry .

Yes , we are developing SIG series .

SIG-551 suppose to release around end of dec .

Final release date will depend on adjustment time and pass all test .

Please contact your local shop for detail or ICS website .

I suspect it will actually come out in january. It seems that ICS are planning on bringing out several rifles all at once. The L85, SG551 etc.

So, what is wrong with the ICS M4 or AK74? I own a AK74 made by ICS and a friend of mine owns a ICS M4.. and they are way better than the Marui M4 or AK !

But if ICS is releasing the Sig they may be releasing the AK Series AEG`s that are printed on my AK74 box as well (hopefully)

mfg rM

Hm I don't whether this ist good news or not.

I love the SG551 and to own a decent 551 in full metal would be a dream. But on the other hand it's made by ICS - hopefully the 551 will be a better gun than the ICS "M4" and "AK74".

Yup and its posts like this that offer no support as to why the guns are terrible that tend to have me put my hand over the neg rep button. But since he's fairly new I wont condem him just yet.

This is indeed a great set of news as ICS makes nice guns! Its unfortunate however that my POCKET wont be able to afford one of these in addition to my Chinese L96, KART M14, G&P M16A3 w/203 and Heatshield, and a replacement switch assembly for my M4. Grrrr Airsoft :rolleyes: I wonder if they are going to include any unique features 0.o mechanical 3 rnd burst mehbeh? Split GB too? Dunno, Its worth emailing em about :P

And what is this "etc" stuff at the end?  If you know, list them please!

They're releasing an M4 pistol and a couple of small ancillary things. Nothing that great by compasion to the L85 and SG551, 550 and 552. I've only had the 551 confirmed. Although in my email I asked if they were releasing a 550 and 552 etc and they said in that reply they were. Although he only directly said the 551 was being made. Perhaps they will even make the most recent real steal model called the 556. Which looks a little like a cross between a 552 and a 551, with lots of RIS/RAS sh!t on it.

And for all those who are like "OMG TH!3 I3 T3H O!D3ST N3WS EV@"..... thanks for your contribution. Its not been on arnies for weeks, and in any case there are 22,000 members and literally thousands upon thousands of posts. I'm not going to trawl through them all in case somewhere someone else has made an obscure reference to this. There was no ICS SIG 550/551/552 thread. And plenty of people didn't know about it till I made this thread so it was worth it. Let me summarise = Dont be a forum nazi.

Equally to have this confirmed by email from ICS is quite good, not just forum rumour.

Mmmhm, the 551 is teh secks because of just one thing... :D

http://mitglied.lycos.de/pomba/pics/deniro_sig.jpg

That is quite possibly one of my favorite movies ever, such an intense car chase/gun fight scene. Anyways, is there any confirmation that these will have a burst function, or is that just pure speculation.

Edit: 5p311ing

That is quite possibly one of my favorite movies ever, such an intense car chase/gun fight scene. Anyways, is there any confirmation that these will have a burst function, or is that just pure speculation.

Edit: 5p311ing

I was speculating. Since TM Released their first versions of the SIG Series with an electronic burst I was wondering if ICS was going to make one with a mechanical one since the 3 round burst is now the thing of the year ^_^

I think people often associate burst with the 550/551 because TM chose to incorporate it into their airsoft versions. However it was just random luck they chose that gun to do it in. If ICS wanted to include burst they could do it on all manner of their guns. Its mechanically not all that tricky, but I think theres about a 50:50 chance they will have included.

But it hasn't been here for weeks :)

So ICD is releasing an L85...I wonder when that's coming out.

And what is this "etc" stuff at the end?  If you know, list them please!

I'm afraid it is old news.....

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...opic=86691&st=0

Now we have a Galil and this we are getting dangerously close to having the complete lineup from Counter Strike. Lets just hope the Five seveN never sees the light of day as a GBB.

Did someone say 'headshot?' Becuase I think I heard someone say 'headshot'.

SIGs aren't my favorite weapons family, but they're pretty nice. I'd much rather see a mass-production Galil. Burst or not, though, it's cool to see a bit more diversity out there.

So, what is wrong with the ICS M4 or AK74? I own a AK74 made by ICS and a friend of mine owns a ICS M4.. and they are way better than the Marui M4 or AK !

They simply look wrong as ICS never managed to replica a gun with at least almost realistic dimensions and details. Compare an ICS "M4" with a G&P one and the ICS "AK74'" with a G&G RK103 or soon VFC AKs. These are great replicas. ICS on the other hand offers wannabe lookalikes but no close replicas. So my fear is, that the SIG will also suffer from a lack of details and wrong shaped/sized parts.

Also I've seen a lot more broken ICS guns - especially MP5s and M4s - than Maruis.

*ICS bashing*

*retort*

*counter retort*

This thead isn't about the old ICS problems - it's about the new ones.

Can't wait for some alternatives to the Marui SIGs - I love the looks of those guns, but I haven't heard such good stuff about them practically.

CC

Archived