Police confiscated my airsoft guns

Silent_Assassin

I won't go into detail about what started the incident but I had an argument with my Step-dad about my new hobby. He said I had 7 days to get the guns out the house or he will have them removed. I refused so he called he mate who is a BIG F*CKER the size of a bouncer. He started to threaten violently so I called the police saying that I was being attacked (he grabbed me and threw me about).

Right this is the best bit.....

A riot van and a patrol car turn up at 8 at night with the lights flashing and I'm thinking yes I'm safe. WRONG!!! My step-dad tells the coppers what the argument was about and all they heard was GUNS. Bang! stright into the riot van I go as they tip my room upside-down (my curtains were open so I saw it all) looking for Illegal firearms. 20mins later 5 coppers walk out the house with the following:-

2 plastic shotguns from an 80's computer game

1 MP5-J that I use for airsoft

1 M92 agin for airsoft

10 inert shotgun shells with the primer drilled out

about 30 round of inert ammo in a belt again with the primer drilled out

They even took a novalty T-shirt that says "Police, lay flat on your back and spred 'em" because I would be impersonating a police officer if I wore it WTF!

They didn't arrest me but said they need a firearms inspector to conferm that there not illegal. Well the fact that the shotguns had a cable comming from them didn't give it away. I even had to show one officer how to identify an inert round!!!

If they do decide to arrest me my laywer's going to have there pants down.

And what of the guy who assulted me you ask? one copper asked him to leave because it was getting crowded in the house!!! can the police be done for wasting police time?

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to give you advise, but I wouldn't know where to start. I'm moving this to General Discussion, as it's not VCRB related exactly. What I CAN say is that the VCRB has nothing to do with ownership anyway, so it doesn't come into play in your case at all.

I'd love to give you advise, but I wouldn't know where to start. I'm moving this to General Discussion, as it's not VCRB related exactly. What I CAN say is that the VCRB has nothing to do with ownership anyway, so it doesn't come into play in your case at all.

Thanks Pablo, im new to the site and i thought any police/airsofter relations go into that section.

Well the police in England definatly do their job very seriously nowadays. But your fake guns being taken is not the major problem IMO. I think your going to have to work it out with your step-dad. I personnely think he handled that very immaturely, although he is a parent. But ill give you this in final, solve the problem with him first, the material stuff is by far the smaller problem. Hopes this helps...

Good luck

agreed with full metal coat here...

but oh man... since it's a case related to 'guns'... it's a hit and miss to see if you'll get it back... if you do, they might not let you have it after a month or so (uni mate was in a similar situation, minus the violence)

all you can do is go to the police station and see what case number or whatever it is and find out if you CAN get it back (after they've had a firearms expert on their end to check it out, should be long but the process and the system takes forever)

there's not much you can do to be honest, because as soon as the police hear the word 'gun' they'll have to do something about it. what if police came, did not much apart from telling the guys off and going, then something gun related happened after?

I love when cops try to do their job and fall flat on their face.

Do they even have police academies there or do they just hand out badges to whoever asks for one?

I've heard horror stories about US cops that have been far worse than the (relatively) minor inconvenience of having your toy guns taken away for a while.

If they are legal then the police can't take them unless it can be proved you were using them in an illegal manner. If they refuse to give them back then you can probably put them in deep *beep*.

We need to know how old the OP is.

If you're under 18 then you need parental consent to own the guns.

If you're living in your parents house then you need their permission to store the guns there.

I'm guessing that you don't have permission for either of those things.

If that's the case then you're SOL, basically.

I should hope common sense would prevail but who are you planning on taking legal action against?

The Police?

If that's the case then you'll probably have no joy. Sure, you called them but, on arrival at your house, they took what they felt to be appropriate action when they were informed that guns were involved.

I'm guessing the situation wasn't terribly polite when they arrived?

It's not often that a domestic argument results in the police being called.

If you plan on taking legal action against your step-father then you're equally screwed. All he has to do is deny knowing, for sure, what type of guns you have and he can claim he was concerned that you possess illegal weapons.

Bottom line, sickening as it is, is that as long as you're living in their house you MUST do what your parents ask. That's all there is to it.

Whereabouts in the UK are you? Where do you skirmish?

If the worst comes to the worst I'm sure somebody from here will be happy to store your guns for you between skirmishes.

but they can always say it can be used for criminal intentions as airsoft stuff are pretty realistic and confiscate it.

can you say 'i have lots of guns' out loud in hereford? :P

"beyond reasonable doubt" would be the key phrase, but give TB a couple more years and more of the positive aspects of the legal system will be gone too. They haven't even arrested you.

Or you can let them walk all over you.

I'm sorry. I must appologize to our British brethren.

You see, I thought that not being able to tell if something is a real firearm or not through a simple inspection (ie: does it have a hop-up, is it made of plastic with no moving parts other than a trigger and a cable coming out the grip) was a sign of stupidity. Apparently, I'm wrong. It is, apparently, a sign of intelligence and is laudable, especially in police officers.

Someone wake me when the temeperature drops below 451 degrees.

EDIT: Typo. Really, really bad typo.

I'm pretty sure that the guns were only one of several issues at work during this argument. ;)

The police probably removed the OP and his guns for everybody's own good.

They might have all ended up in a dump if his step-father had been in the house with them alone after the police left.

"beyond reasonable doubt" would be the key phrase, but give TB a couple more years and more of the positive aspects of the legal system will be gone too. They haven't even arrested you.

Or you can let them walk all over you.

who me? or silent assassin? (got confused on the arresting part)

i totally agree with stealthbomber there... see if you can have an agreement with your step dad saying ok, sure. you'll get that stuff away from the house etc. will it be storing it away from that place or selling it. up to you. at least if you sell it you can get some money for it etc.

We need to know how old the OP is.

If you're under 18 then you need parental consent to own the guns.

If you're living in your parents house then you need their permission to store the guns there.

I'm guessing that you don't have permission for either of those things.

If that's the case then you're SOL, basically.

I should hope common sense would prevail but who are you planning on taking legal action against?

The Police?

If that's the case then you'll probably have no joy. Sure, you called them but, on arrival at your house, they took what they felt to be appropriate action when they were informed that guns were involved.

I'm guessing the situation wasn't terribly polite when they arrived?

It's not often that a domestic argument results in the police being called.

If you plan on taking legal action against your step-father then you're equally screwed. All he has to do is deny knowing, for sure, what type of guns you have and he can claim he was concerned that you possess illegal weapons.

Bottom line, sickening as it is, is that as long as you're living in their house you MUST do what your parents ask. That's all there is to it.

Whereabouts in the UK are you? Where do you skirmish?

If the worst comes to the worst I'm sure somebody from here will be happy to store your guns for you between skirmishes.

I'm 19 and the guns were to be kept at my dads house in Sutton-in-Ashfield. I skirmish at Phoenix Airsoft which is about 5 miles from my dads.

My mom was there at the time but both her and my step-dad were drunk and had only just comeback from the pub. As for it being my parents house....It's not the tenant's agrement is in mine and my sisters names because my parent moved out for 6 months while we had building work done and it hasn't been changed back yet.

Maybe it's time you just got your own place if you don't get on with your step-father?

It is My place. As I said the tennent agrements in my name and I've been living at the house for 6 years an my step-dads been there for 2 years.

Archived