The Complete VSR Thread

TheBauer

This has probably been discussed already, but I searched, and got tired after reading through 20+ pages of text. :P

What upgrades wouuld be good for a stock G-spec to achieve 328*** fps. I want to upgrade the spring and the barrel, but not much more then that. would a pdi120 work? along with a 6.03 303/430mm barrel?

And what's the difference between the two above barrels?

Thanks, Keith

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What upgrades wouuld be good for a stock G-spec to achieve 328*** fps. I want to upgrade the spring and the barrel, but not much more then that. would a pdi120 work? along with a 6.03 303/430mm barrel?

And what's the difference between the two above barrels?

Thanks, Keith

The pdi120 i gather u know is a spring, which if i remember rightly should give u over 328fps i might be wrong tho

The 6.03 303/430mm barrels are two different lengths, correct me if im wrong but i think the 303m is G-spec length and 430mm is Pro Sniper/Real Shock length, so since you have the G-Spec then go for the shorter 303mm however i dunno how long the silencer is but you could extend the barrel throu the silencer which is what some pplz do

Tbh if your going to take ur rifle down to change the barrel you might want to change the Hop rubber to something like the Nine Ball or some brand

Sock's aren't great. They're better than nothing, but then a proper barrel spacer is better than a sock. If you have any machine skills they are easy to knock up, just need some o-rings and some tube. WGC sell the Firefly rubbers. I think they are in stock at the moment. You'll want the hard type. They also sell the KM. RH-55 wide use, if you go for one of those.

do you think that theres a possibility that i screwed something up when reasembling the hop up while putting in the 6.01mm tightbore? if so do you know of a site that shows like a step by step assembly of the hop up just to double check that mine is right? preferably with lots and lots of picture.

the 1 shot i got was a running shot at about 30m,

and was close to getting 3 more but was off by 2 inches most :(

i am using .3g excel bb's

hopwas about 1/2 to 2/3 on

i hope to get loads more use with this and i am going to change to crossman CO2 capsules that have silicon in them to help lube it all up.

I will keep informed on the use of it and progress

Just wish FIREBALL would allow 500fps :(

So my friend just picked up a standard Bar-10 and the bolt is pretty hard to push back. I know nothing about bolt actions though and was wondering if I put some grease/lube on the bolt if that would help the bolt push.

And if it would, should I be using white lithium, silicone cylinder grease, or silicone spray?

Thanks

I'm on abbey 35, but find you have to (as per all Systemas :rolleyes: ) re-lube at the end of each day or every 1000 rounds, which ever comes first.

Gives about 10fps more than std marui cylinder grease. ;)

Greg.

Anybody got any ideas why I got low FPS rating on 2 VSR-s, both got Laylax internals and brand new laylax springs. SP150 gave me around 130m/s with silent shaft piston and stock cylinder. With SP170 and Teflon cylinder and Zero trigger i Got 150-155m/s.

Chrono was F1, grub screws were on both pistons and I used Marui Cylinder grease.

Any ideas? Compression was fine on everything, brand new Laylax and KM HEAT tightbore barrels were used. Hopup rubbers were FireFly Hard ones with ok seal.

Bjorn

Have you wrapped the hop rubbers with PTFE tape? Might be worth changing the grease as well. I use lard. I used to get similar FPS ratings to what you're talking about, till I started wrapping the hop with PTFE and useing lard. Can't say which made the difference, I did both at the same time.

The other thing is, chrono with a .25. You'll probably find it converts to something more respectable. Especially if you're useing a short barrel.

Okay so I took the rifle apart again. Compression in the cylinder was PERFECT, no airleak what so ever. Compression between hopup and cylinder was also almost 100% perfect.

I used the stock G-spec o-ring from the piston and put it on the Zero Trigger piston. Should I use the o-ring included with zero trigger? I also tried PTFE tape on the hopup and took a good cleaning on the brand new Laylax 6.03 barrel. Still missing 30fps or 10m/s. On SP170 constantly shooting 160m/s.

Any more ideas?

Bjorn

Depending on how old the spring is, that could be a fairly respectable FPS. I don't think there's anything really wrong with your rifle.

How are you testing compression? Just out of interest.

The whole point was that this one and 2 others were all brand new Laylax springs from UnCo.

Compression test was done in many different ways, believe me - compression is ok. I have had far better results with far worse compression.

I am leaning to the fact that maybe the original O-ring is too tight in the Teflon Cylinder and Zero Trigger piston head?

People recommended using the original o-ring, probably going to have to swap to the one that came with the package.

Bjorn

Im in need of urgent help!!!

First off i have the Jg bar 10 (not g-spec) and have had it for about two weeks now, only been in one skirmish, and have mostly put around....mmmm 8-9 hundred shots through it in my back yard. about an hour ago i encountered a, what i consider to be, a massive problem.

when i pull the bolt back it sticks and when i push it back forward it kinda slam fires i think i heard it called. kind of like when you have an airsoft shot gun and you hold the trigger and you cock it errr what ever you call that. the only difference between that and what mine is doing is that i am not holding the trigger.

please help! feel free to send suggestions or ideas of what the problem may be!

Your piston or trigger sears have worn away. Apparantly, the JG sears are not made from a hard enough material to withstand sustained use with the factory standard spring.

Read what parts to fit here: CLICK

Good Hunting ;)

how can i tell if they are worn away? nwhat should they look like? cause like i said ive only put around8-900 shots through it. thats not even a full bag...

kinda dissapointng...

how long will the sears you sent me last?

hi

i have and agm mp001 and have looked at the cylinder and it is not stamped closed at the nozzle end, and has two holes in the cylinder head.

does this mean i can upgrade the internals,and if so, which internal parts can i use.

any help much appreciated.

jay.

Can anyone tell me which VSR after market hopup rubber gives most hop? I have tried FireFly hard and VSR stock rubber and neither of them have given me enough spin. 0.36g is pretty much the heaviest bb-s I can use.

9ball?

KM?

Some thing else?

Bjorn

I use a nineball which are notorious for lack of hop effect so i cut a small piece of inner tube rubber (off a bike) and put it under the hop arm, above the nub hole. I can now use .43s and still have some hop ajdustment left :D

I use a nineball which are notorious for lack of hop effect so i cut a small piece of inner tube rubber (off a bike) and put it under the hop arm, above the nub hole. I can now use .43s and still have some hop ajdustment left :D

I also found the 9ball to give insufficient hop for .3 even when mummyfied in teflon. upon close inspection i saw that the little nub inside that actually applies pressure to the bb to give it the backspin is way smaller than on a standard hop rubber, and also the rubber itself is MUCH thicker(almost twice) than the stock one. These 2 combined=poor hop.

Hi guys,

I've just installed my Laylax high-pressure VSR piston on my Gspec, along with the rest of the remaining parts for my full upgrade (which zero one got around to sending me 4 weeks after I ordered them).

Everything's gone in fine, but this batch of parts comprises the second half of my upgrade. The parts I had installed last time were:

Laylax PSS10 430mm tightbore

Laylax PSS10 spring guide stopper

Laylax PSS10 piston sear

Laylax PSS10 ### spring (quoted at ~490fps)

PTFE tape on hop-up and cylinder-head threads

When I chrono'd the rifle at my site after these upgrades, I was only getting 340fps despite the spring being rated to give 490fps.

Chris suggested it might be because I didn't have the high-pressure piston installed. After today's upgrade my current parts list is:

Laylax PSS10 430mm tightbore

Laylax PSS10 spring guide

Laylax PSS10 spring guide stopper

Laylax PSS10 piston sear

Laylax PSS10 trigger sear

Laylax PSS10 high-pressure piston

Laylax PSS10 ### spring (quoted at ~490fps)

PTFE tape on hop-up and cylinder-head threads

I've tested the rifle in my garden but I wont have access to a chrono for a couple of weeks. It seems to be shooting faster now but its difficult to tell.

My question is, could the lack of a high-pressure piston beforehand really make such a huge difference to FPS? Is there anything else that could have caused it?

While I'm on the subject, the laylax piston came with a little grub screw with no obvious function. Does anyone know what this is for?

Archived