Nitro.Vo Eotech 552 replica

j3T

So wait - it doesn't work as a sight, and it gets in the way of your iron sights - but it doesn't have a rail on top of it (though that would be dumb, of course...) so how do you aim?

Or is this for the ultimate spray and pray'er; who also feels a little self conscious for doing so - and wants something to put us all of the scent?

CC

Thought it looked a bit long. I have the Huricane one and it's spot on, would recomend it to anyone.

The Hurricane is replicating the 551 (CR123a model) - this looks like a replica of a 552 (AA model)... And yes, the real 552 is about 1-1.5 inches longer than the real 551.

As for blocking your sights... I imagine it's like the real one, where you can simply aim through the lens with your iron sights.

I am a bit curious about what betteries it's designed for... If it's close to real sized, it seems like even a mini would be a tight fit. Maybe it's for AEPs, like the MP7?

You can use the eotech window to act as a rear sight. In all fairness, if you know where to align the front sight in relation to that rectangular window, you'll hit your target. It's just hard because the window is big. Just give your head and the window a lot of distance apart. This box may just have potential. (you can always draw a circle or a cross hair in the eotech window to act as a rear sight, it's cheesy, but hey I thought about it first.

I've owned 511.d1 and 551.A65 Rev F.

If it can fit a decent sized battery then this will be brillitan for the hk416.

Very very very true. If this can replace that AN/PEQ for a battery holder, and not interfere with the iron sights, I'd seriously consider one for the VFC416...

I'm surprised it doesn't feature a simple red dot in place of the more complicated 'hud' type system that real eotechs have--seems that you could save enough space by just having a cheapo 1-2moa red dot in the middle and still have enough room for a big ol' battery.

Otherwise, this seems pretty foolish. Although, their logic isn't completely impossible to comprehend--think of all the people that are willing to have a big ol' PEQ box that has no function outside of battery retention, and would, in real-steal functionality, have siting properties that are a non-element in airsoft. This eotech occupies the same sort of dummy-box role.

Steve

I didn't think about the fact that most PEQs don't have lasers... I just never used one without a laser because then it really would just be a fancy box for a battery =) THe main problem I have with this is it would take up the room that's reserved for a real sight and might interfere with irons (Depending on the gun)

The Hurricane is replicating the 551 (CR123a model) - this looks like a replica of a 552 (AA model)... And yes, the real 552 is about 1-1.5 inches longer than the real 551.

As for blocking your sights... I imagine it's like the real one, where you can simply aim through the lens with your iron sights.

I am a bit curious about what betteries it's designed for... If it's close to real sized, it seems like even a mini would be a tight fit. Maybe it's for AEPs, like the MP7?

More like half an inch.

Where are you going to run the wires to - down the side of the body and through the back of the handguard?

Doesn't sound much better than a PEQ box if you ask me.

I presume they've stuck a printed red circle + dot on the middle of the glass to allow you to use it in conjunction with a front sight?

CC

More like half an inch.

Sorry, but I was right the first time...

EOTech 551 is 4" in overall length.

EOTech 552 is 5" in overall length.

I couldn't remember if the difference was one inch or one and a half, but I knew it was at least an inch. I do stand corrected in one regard though... The 551 takes N cell batteries, not CR123 cells. I keep forgetting EOTech didn't start using CR123s until the 553 model.

Archived