CA announces M16 VN and EX177 E2

Rec

jesus christ its taken them long enough!

sorry, just been waiting on these since they were announced back in the 18th century- and now I have to decide between waitnig for THESE or waiting for the SLR L1a1...

still, ,its all retro, and that's the main thing...

Shame they couldn't sort the trades out.

Also the XM is using an M4 stock (note the two reinforcing fillets between tube and lower casing). The barrel diameters on the XM look correct but the outer barrel, exposed under the foresight, of the M16/M16A1 is too fat i.e. M16A2 diameter.

XM fore grips should be round and not M4 oval and it should have an M4 style tapered Delta ring not an old style M16 ring.

I'm just nit picking.

I think he means the little design detials that make the CA, as they currently look, not as "exact" to the RS as the G&P parts.

me, I couldn't care either way- I'm getting the ex just so I can sit in my enclosed front porch, surrounded by tropical pot plants, decked out in OD and covered in dirt, listening to Hendrix and muttering to myself about goddamn charlie...

I would say, to everyone complaining about the current design, to WAIT a little bit- these things aren't even on the production line yet, so there's always the possibility that some modification will be done to them before they hit the store.

but yes, if they stay the same as they are here, I can definately see people going with the WGC G&P ones...

shame really, as CA do make exceedingly good armalites...

Well... I wouldn't get the VN because of that wierd looking barrel... it looks le funny.

But that XM... yum. The great thing about CAs... they're available in the US for the same price as they are overseas...

The newest ones seem pretty reliable too... stock anyway. Much as I have come to hate armalites for their *suitcasey* hopups and dreadful mechboxes... er... yeah I probably won't get one. But the XM does look nice. I always thought XMs / M733s had the best ergonomics of the whole armalite-family. The ironsights are pretty good, the barrel length is good, and those skinny-*albatross* hand guards are infinitely superior to the "new" M4A1 shaped hand gaurds which feel like they were designed with bears in mind...

Well... I wouldn't get the VN because of that wierd looking barrel... it looks le funny.

But that XM... yum. The great thing about CAs... they're available in the US for the same price as they are overseas...

The newest ones seem pretty reliable too... stock anyway. Much as I have come to hate armalites for their *suitcasey* hopups and dreadful mechboxes... er... yeah I probably won't get one. But the XM does look nice. I always thought XMs / M733s had the best ergonomics of the whole armalite-family. The ironsights are pretty good, the barrel length is good, and those skinny-*albatross* hand guards are infinitely superior to the "new" M4A1 shaped hand gaurds which feel like they were designed with bears in mind...

The M4A1 handguards feel really small to me.

Archived