The most ghetto homemade 8mm silencer you will see

Five-sEvEn

Alright, you may or may not know, but I bought a custom Marushin Detonics. I love to cause trouble, and upon buying the gun I realized how loud it was in SA! It sounded like one of those cheap cap guns!!!

Seeing as there are no commercial 8mm silencers, and no silencer adaptors for the detonics, I set forth to build one!

Being a broke college student and all, and comming back from a VERY demoralizing final, I proceeded to empty my fridge, and convert a water bottle lying in there to a fully functional silencer!

With the aid of my fellow dorm mates, I was able to conjure up a working silencer in a matter of hours!

A few modifications later, and viola! a reliable working prototype!

I went to my local airsoft store (Power Edge Hawaii) to compare it against a TM SOCOM, and 'lo behold, they sound the same on SA, but the Detonics now BEATS the SOCOM in DA mode. Although it's not strong in DA compared to SA, it still shoots rather hot and gets 100'+ range with .45s (in DA that is).

-----------------*stolen from my other topic*------------------------

I'm returning back from the dorms later today, so I'll be able to post a video of it up when I get back. But for now you get pictures!!!

4gexlhc.jpg

Entire unit on a messy pull out desk thing.

All parts found in my recycling bin downstairs. Made from menehune water bottle, some wierd company's bottle cap (prolly a nestea green tea or something), adrenaline soda can's side, and klenexx from my room lol.

2rcoqa1.jpg

The cap that interfaces with the gun. I hold the silencer to the gun, but the outer barrel has a snug fit against the cap. I carved out a little thing on the bottom with my knife because the recoil spring bushing/screw/fake thingy got in the way of the bottom of the cap. now there's a "top" side to my silencer lol.

29bbs0l.jpg

The business end of the thing. You can see the packed klenexx at the end. In the beginning of the silencer, it's not nearly as packed. The bad thing about this open type of design (soon to be remedied by a PVC pipe) is that when I shoot in SA, it expells so much gas, the klenexx doesn't stay in it's nice form. In DA, there isn't as much gas so it stays nice for the most part.

44byw7b.jpg

Unit attached to the gun. I have to hold the unit physically, but it's a secure snug fit, with no play from side to side. It's not the tightest fit in the world, but it's enough to let me take this picture without having to hold it together.

So yeah.... comments?

I plan to build some sort of RIS, so I can use the detonics with the silencer one handed, and rape it with flashlights and lasers and maybe an reflex or two :P

At the very least, something to hold it on without me :P

Being a broke college student and all, and comming back from a VERY demoralizing final, I proceeded to empty my fridge, and convert a water bottle lying in there to a fully functional silencer! :P

:D necessity + binge = unique creation ;)

great work, bro. suggest keeping it as it is. or maybe just a better interface with the detonics front. would get you a lot of attention, i bet :nosleep:

Thanks for all the comments guys!!!

Happy New Year all!!! I took a video, but beacuse of the auto adusting sound, it didn't quite capture how quiet the gun really is, so I dug out my brothers old MD player and recorded 2 files

The format these videos follow is, first shot in single action, second in double action, third is single action silenced, fourth is double action silenced. Enjoy!

First test (background noise and all, taken 1' away perpendicular to the BB flight path)

http://mp3-upload.net/get/2025.mp3

Second test (without the stupid backgroud noise, taken 4' away perpendicular to the BB flight path)

http://mp3-upload.net/get/2030.mp3

I'll post the video just for sh!ts and giggles in a bit.

Edit: Here's the video. But at the time of posting, it didn't finish loading yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzIDh_dv6zM

Not to put too much of a damper on this party, but what you've made can and has been used on real guns; and making one is illegal, according to the BATF.  I'd be real cautious about showing it off--and posting pics here is a little iffy too.

I'd like to see ANY sensible person repeat what I did with my airsoft gun, to a RS gun. This silencer was made with NBBs in mind, and ANYONE who has the guts to hold their hand THIS close to the muzzle deserves to persecute me.

Until arnies bans the posting of homemade, or any type of silencer for that matter (such as the very effective G-spec silencer), or until someone I know has been caught with an "airsoft silencer", I will continue to make them to my liking and post them on arnies.

With that being said, enjoy the video! Sorry for the soudn de-sync! stupid youtube!

• 7 months later...

Thread revival!!!!!

Bwahahaha...

Anyway, this thread came up in a recent discussion, so I looked through it, and then decided that it's in need of an update.

Ever since I got back from the dorms, I looked for a way to improve my silencer, and found a craft supply thing!

It's the only bought item used in the silencer, I hope that doesn't mean I'm cheating..

Still just as effective, doesn't affect accuracy anymore, and can be used as many times as you like without having to "reset" it like I used too...

Behold!

62ncl7d.jpg

Not exactally sure. It's made to look like a little fence thing, kind of like chain link fence, for usage on a card or display or whatever else. There were different kinds in the package, with different shaped holes and what not, so I chose the one that looked the sturdiest.

Archived