LPEGs, MPEGs, and other Chinese goodness!

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Per the title, lets see your China clones!

(UTGs, JGs, Cymas, etc.)

Aren't you supposed to start such a thread with a picture of your own?

And seriously, WHY yet another thread? This subforum is cluttered enough as it is... there's really not much difference between the latest 'clones' and the originals. Cyma AKs go to the AK thread, M14s to the M14 thread... why, why make even more chaos? >_<

Epyon:

You are now Darth Maul. Leader of the clone wars. ;)

:)

That's only half of 'em really, just what I had pics of. I just gave 5 out as Christmas prezzies.

I own quite a few "brand name" AEGs as well. I just love hacking up these clones. :D

*EDIT* Lovin the MP008 by the way tomster :wub:

Edited by Epyon
CM031 turned into an AKM

AKMRightSide.jpg

Actually, that's more of a later model chinese Type 56, as it has the old furniture, old holed gas tube, old gas block with a slot for the sling attachment, and the old, thick front sight block...

Ow, what the heck, I'll show my CM 028 too.

Here, that's what you should do:

dsc0178a2xa.jpg

dsc0177a0ni.jpg

The sling mount is moved further back and installed under the handguard retainer, while the gas block is grinded down to the proper AKM shape. Those damn gas tub eholes were still visible, though :(

Now, a completed AKMSN ('night' version with an NVD mount and a long flash hider)

dsc0103dl6.jpg

dsc0101ni1.jpg

dsc0099yr5.jpg

dsc0097be9.jpg

dsc0094yo8.jpg

Look at the THIN front sight block... the CM 031 original front sight block would make a better likeness than an old AK-47 block... And you need laminate furniture.

There... but all that aside, it's a beautiful Type 56 right now, you could just as well keep it the way it is as a "chinese AKM" :)