Classic Army SCAR-L

nightfire6

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The main page says this gun is going to go on display in the CA shop on january 8th.

Does this mean a release is soon to follow? Anyone know the timeline of how soon we can expect this?

I mean jeeze, this kind of hit me right out of the blue, CA hadnt even hinted that they were developing any new models other than rehashes of existing products.

Aw, I wish they would've made it with the FNC lower.... scarmalite lower has so much less character imo :(

Unfortunatly, the FNC lower only appeared on the prototypes the "scarmalite" lower is the lower that appears on the issue SCAR.

And no, I dont believe that CA are copying the Systema cylender, instead, I think we can only see the top of an albiet unusual but still essentially normal gearbox.

DSC01515%20(Custom)1.jpg

Has anyone noticed that in this photo, part of the stock is moved upwards? I think that may be how and where the battery is installed. If so, that is great, it looks alot easier then say, a CRANE battery.

Now I have to choose between the CA or waiting for the VFC  <_<

Oh well, it's better with choices, right?

No, we only think that because we're American and we get to choose between four different mustards at the corner diner ;)

But yes, it is better, hopefully, although I'm pretty set on the CA, anybody want my M15CQBR w/ m203, a 48 round madbull shell, Aimpoint on L-Mount, G&G silencer and 9.6v battery? For now, I'm kidding, but the closer this thing comes to being released, the more serious I get!

how is it original when the chinese one is out?

Think of development timescales. CA couldn't have copied the China version because it wasn't out when they started development. This will be the first high end version of the SCAR and it will be different to the Chinese one, therefore it is an original design.

Kind of. It was a copy of the KSC HK33 with a full stock and a V2 box shoved into it.

Not really. The CA33E hit the market almost year before the KSC HK33K - and the two are totally incompatible.

P.S. I have to say - not only did this come out of the blue (CA really kept this quiet!) - but I also like it a lot more than I thought I would. :unsure:

Archived