Hop-up help!

Donut

Ok, this problem has been killing me ever since I started my P90 DMR project. The hop-up is dying/dead... and I need to replace or upgrade it. The problem? I've tried a few brands and none of them really fit the V6 hop chamber (I was bummed the madbull shark hop doesn't fit <_<)

So if anyone knows which hop-up works, or has tried it, let me know, links would be helpful too. Some, like Systema, I think I can shove it in if I put a little more force in, but that's a backup plan. Worst case secnario I have to mod the chamber.

Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

Well seeing as this thread is going no where fast, "I'll give my 20 cents".

I know it is part number 18, and although I have yet to find a site that carries, I think that should help at least a little, like if you were to consider ordering a new one direct from TM.

I think your best bet is to put up an ad in the classifieds section for someone who might be scrapping their p90, but I think your chances are slim.

Just don't give up, If you look for long enough, you might find it eventually.

P.S. Also, if worst comes to worst, I would recommend, a dremel tool.

Hi

I use a Guarder Improved Hop Rubber (clear type) in my P90 , which fits it fine.It works well with my tightbore and gives me a little more range than standard.

I've also used one in my TM g36c with tightbore , but for some reason the spin it puts on the bbs is way too high on this gun, sending them skyward withh the hop off :o

However , I've no problems with it in my p90 , so may be worth giving that a try?

Cheers

Hayabusa

Ok, this problem has been killing me ever since I started my P90 DMR project. The hop-up is dying/dead... and I need to replace or upgrade it. The problem? I've tried a few brands and none of them really fit the V6 hop chamber (I was bummed the madbull shark hop doesn't fit <_<)

So if anyone knows which hop-up works, or has tried it, let me know, links would be helpful too. Some, like Systema, I think I can shove it in if I put a little more force in, but that's a backup plan. Worst case secnario I have to mod the chamber.

Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

By "doesn't fit" what do you mean? Is it too long, or to large in diameter?

That's the strangest problem in the world... Although I haven't fussed with a P90 barrel unit/hopup yet, I can say that most hopup rubbers are the same.

If the rubber doesn't want to fit in your chamber, I suggest reaming the chamber to fit standard hopups... At least that's what I'd do.

Unless, I have no idea what you're talking about.

It "doesn't fit" becuase the hop buckings are all too big in diameter or too thick.

I don't know if it's just my chamber or what? The chamber is an old one, pre-discontiuned RDS version. When I have time later I'll swap it with the newer chamber and see if it's any better.

So two more things to add to my shopping list

-Guarder hop

-Silicon spray

It "doesn't fit" becuase the hop buckings are all too big in diameter or too thick.

I don't know if it's just my chamber or what? The chamber is an old one, pre-discontiuned RDS version. When I have time later I'll swap it with the newer chamber and see if it's any better.

So two more things to add to my shopping list

-Guarder hop

-Silicon spray

If the problem is that the rubber is hard to put in the hop-up chamber, try with some silicon oil. The only part that must be clean is the inner part of the rubber that will be in touch with the bb. If you use oil there, the first 100/200 bb will slip on the rubber and the hop-up will be useless. After 200 bb the rubber will be clean and working again.

For all the other part, oil can be a good help.

A "hard to put" rubber is a guarancy that no air will come out from the hop-up and no power will be lost.

• 2 weeks later...

I use those systema ones in my P90, they work fine. I also have one of the pre-discontinued ones... if there is even a difference, I don't know. Only thing I can think of is that you got unlucky with the quality control on some of the buckings, or that your hop-chamber is a little disfigured.

Archived