M93R SMG

dismemberd

Well...I've had this old KWA M93R for a while now. It's pretty old, and my brother used to own it. But he didn't play airsoft much, so I bought it off him as a sidearm. The hop-up didn't work, and the trigger wouldn't either sometimes, so I pretty much forgot about it.

But lately I've been looking at a new sidearm. I had decided on the WE 1911, and I was about to buy it, when I basically decided that I could do that, and for about $150 I could get the gun and a couple of mags, and have a regular gun, or I could go to work on my M93R, and spen about $110, and have a much better gun that would shoot harder, faster, and have full auto and burst. I also think it's fun to work on guns, so I have decided to fix up my M9.

I plan on turning it into somewhat of an SMG, seeing as it already has burst/full auto. Externally I am going to buy a folding stock, and a scope mount. I have been considering a silencer, but that doesn't really suit me, and they are just too expensive. I also plan on buying some hi-cap mags as mentioned before.

Internally I plan on getting a precision barrel, recoil spring, high flow valves, and a metal slide.

I won't do any of this until I get the hop-up to work though.

I'll get pics up on the way, and I'll maybe make a video or two when I'm done.

Just tell me what you think, and if you think I should do something different.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't believe they make sliding stocks for...I just got attacked by a box of ink cartridges...the M93R.

I just want a stock, because it's more comfortable for to hold, It looks nice/adds to the "SMG" thing, and my hands do tend to shake alot, I.E. I can't aim very well with a pistol.

Keep in mind, It's full auto, and I plan on putting in a recoil spring, and a metal slide, so it's probably going to kick at least a little harder than your regular GBB.

*Small Update*

Ordered the Hop-up from http://www.airsoftgi.com/ .

I was kind of upset when I found out that shipping for a $5 piece of rubber was $8!!!

It also took quite a while for it to arrive last time I ordered from GI, so don't expect any more updates anytime soon.

Let's hope it arrives early, and works well.

P.S. It's the glock hop-up incase you were wondering.

Sounds like a plan to me. If you're going the SMG route, have you considered a longer inner barrel? Would help squeeze a couple of FPS out of it.

Oh, and at the other two posters: was there any point to you posting? I would have thought it's obvious that attaching a stock to something will make it difficult to holster. And suggesting something that doesn't exist for the gun in question: genius. :rolleyes:

:zorro:

Just wondering, didn't you say in a PM to me that yours was a KJW M93? Anyways, ditch the silencer and stock idea. The stocks are uncomfortable and awkward on an M93. Silencers both look ridiculous and they muffle the undeniably awesome sound of a KWA M93r.

Sledge: Lengthening the barrel...just doesn't appeal to me, I don't know why I just don't like doing it.

ORH: I have decided not to go with a silencer...It's just not really how I play, and wouldn't make sense if I did get one, because I can't sneak up on someone for the life of me, and I like loud guns. NTM it's $50 which is...just too much.

I apologize if I did say KJW(which I may well have), but it's a KWA. I wasn't even aware that they made one. I think I am still gonna go with the stock, mainly for the looks, but also because I am pretty bad at holding it.

EDIT: it says KWA in my "toy collection" area.

Yeah, your plan is sound. I had a KSC that I tricked out to be an SMG, and it was my primary for a long time (('til it met dirt.. aperintly dirt and M93s don't mix, you've been warned))

I did the folding stock, be sure to get the one that you can have a mag in if it's folded if you can, as long as you fold the stock after holstering it you can actually holster it pretty well.

The red dot is a must for the SMG too, if only to make it more tactical looking.

If you wanted to use it as an outdoor gun, I think the barrel through silencer is a must. it's bad enough the thing doesn't have hop. But if you're planning on only using it CQB it should be fine without it.

good luck, it was probably my favorite gun I've ever owned, even if mine was a differant company. Something about effective "kills" with a pistol is always so fun.

You could always get a compensator, check out the custom M93R on Uncompany and you'll see how awesome it looks!

If it were up to me..

Folding stock, metal slide & barrel/compensator, strengthened recoil/hammer springs, maybe upgrae some internals such as nozzle etc..

Definately some wooden grips too..

Speaking of UNco, they have the folding stock for the 93R (made by KSC) for a bit over $30. This one will allow you to reload without doing anything to the stock. Does Omega/STTI/KJW (whatever company that made the 93R copy) churn out extra mags too? If they did, you might want to get a load of them since you're passing on lengthening the barrel to squeeze out fps. Also, there IS a way to holster a 93R even with the stock on. Its something like a taco and you have strappy bits keeping the gun in. Unravel the strappy bits and the gun is pulled out and into battery.

TBH I never really looked at how the stock folded or anything like that, I figured, If I wanted to use it, I would put it on, If I didn't I would take it off. I'm not reall concerned about folding it, but it looks like the one on UNCO does not allow you to fold with the mag in...but the one I'm getting does, (Evike.com) Either way, it doesn't matter to me seeing as I don't really care about folding it, and I'm not going to order it off unco.

I have looked at a compensator, and I don't really like it that much. It's not very practical, and If I was going to spend another $60 on the gun, I would buy the silencer, not the compensator.

The hop should work once I get the new bucking(It's scheduled to arrive next teusday BTW), but I am going to be using it for pretty close quarters anyways.

Do you guys think I should get an RDS, or a reflex, right now I'm leaning twards reflex, but the are usually too cheap, or too expensive, but I haven't even looked reall hard so...

They do have extra mags, and, like I said before, I'm going to get some of the hi-cap mags.

Hardboildcop: that's pretty much what I'm doing except without the wood grips, and hammer spring...Did you guys even read what I said I was doing?...anyways...

I don't think they have wood grips, but If they do I might consider them, but prolly not anytime soon.

I really appreciate the suggestions, and I am eager to get into this. (let's hope the new hop up works...

Now how in the world can a CX4 Storm be qualified as a submachinegun?

Well, because it's a carbine?

Sure, real-steels aren't selective fire if I remember right, but they at least have something more usable than a flimsy folding stock.

To make things fun, one should get Px4 AND Cx4... And have them interchangeable with the magaznes, like the real ones. :)

1st: Well the bucking came, but it is a little too short, so I'm gonna have to test it to see if it works, but I'm not sure I'll be able to test it for a little while, so...

2nd:Got the gun back together, everything as it should, and it seems to be fine. The bucking doesn't stick out as much, towards the mag, but when I load the mag, and just move the slide back and forth, BB's fall out, which is good, but I am still awaiting an actual test to see whether it shoots, and whether the hop works...Cross your fingers...

Test results:

It failed miserably, and I have given up on it.

NOT! It shoots, but I noticed a couple of BB's rolling out of the barrel, which is strange, because...well because I just didn't expect it.

I don't know whether the hop-up works, because I had to test indoors.

I'll have to test that out in a couple of days, and I'll give you guys another update then.

Anything? Now, that's a bit strongly worded, but... Heh... WA Cougar Warrior (Selective fire GBB) action ought to fit nicely... And then the magazines would be 'correct' as they claim 92/Cougar/Px/Cx magazines are interchangeable on Real 'Steel'... :)

Archived