HFC VSR/USR Gas Model

TrojanViper

i have used the search on here and a quick google, but nothing, i have found plenty on the spring version, probably just to let people know about the compatability between hfc and marui, but the gas model is as lacking in info the allied forces were about saddams WMD's (so to speak)

anyway what i need to know is...

is it legal skirmish levels?

does it have a power regulator?

where the hell can i get mags?

are the irons useable?

build quality?

and the obvious, overall assesment

if anyone out there owns this (particularly with the replica wood stock so they can let me know about the quality and appearence of the fake wood) can you let me know what you think

cheers

it is legal, as it is bolt action, and therefore not considered a firearm

no power regulator

uses regular vsr mags, gas is in the bolt

as usable as on a regular vsr10

same as their spring version, except the one i held and tried at redwolf had a leaky bolt, so im inclined to say not good.

it is legal, as it is bolt action, and therefore not considered a firearm

no power regulator

uses regular vsr mags, gas is in the bolt

as usable as on a regular vsr10

same as their spring version, except the one i held and tried at redwolf had a leaky bolt, so im inclined to say not good.

well that pretty much got that sorted, cheers sirrith i would like someone to confirm they have used a TM mag in it though, as pretty much the only info out there is that it does not accept marui vsr mags???

EDIT: and wich would you recomend out of the marui vsr real shock and the HFC usr gas???

"is it legal skirmish levels?"

Depends on your local site ! some sites allow up to 500 fps which is what this gun nearly puts out on green gas/propane.Not sure about power on 134a as I dont use it but probably around 350 fps.

"does it have a power regulator?"

No ,power can only be adjusted by changing the type of gas used.

"where the hell can i get mags?"

It will accept any mags for the TM VSR and in fact feeds better on G&P 55round mags than the VSR10 does!

"are the irons useable?"

Yes they are (I currently use irons) although scope platforms for the VSR wil fit

"build quality?"

Very good,the trigger box is metal as is everything else you would find metal on the VSR.The only thing that is a bit off ,is the plastic stock (mine is black) the problem is just that the plastic is very shiny (I always spray my Sniper rifles anyway so no big problem).

"and the obvious, overall assesment"

Absolutely superb rifle ,very accurate and benefits from taking all vsr add ons (mine now has a TN barrel and hard hop rubber installed)

Harder hitting and more competetive out of the box than the VSR series as it does not require the extensive and expensive upgrades the VSR does to bring the power to sniping standards!

the bolt cocks at very short throw and can be done with only a finger or two and even left handed players will find it easy.

I have had APS2SV(492fps) ,VSR10 PS(390fps) ,VSR10 Gspec (310 fps stock) and APS L96 (300 fps stock) and I have to say this is probably the best all round bolt action I have had with my upgraded VSR10PS being close behind.

The differance is the VSR10 took £300+ to get to that standard and at 390 fps where the USR11 gas took £140 plus the TN barrel and hop rubber so probably £170-£180 total and came 500 fps out of the box(£140).

I would definately recommend them although ,spray paint the damn stock :P

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bring back an old thread, just didn't want to start up a whole new one. Does anybody have any more info on this? I could only find one review here (by rifleman) but it didn't give any accuracy information or anything related to that.

I mainly want to know the groupings, effective range, consistancym etc.

Also, is the only place you can buy this in the US is at kapowwe?

Sorry to bring back an old thread, just didn't want to start up a whole new one. Does anybody have any more info on this? I could only find one review here (by rifleman) but it didn't give any accuracy information or anything related to that.

I mainly want to know the groupings, effective range, consistancym etc.

Also, is the only place you can buy this in the US is at kapowwe?

I strongly recommend you get a TM VSR 10, not a HFC USR.

I got a HFC USR and i got to say you are better off buying the TM VSR10

Well I'm looking for a gas sniper. I can't stand spring snipers. I was going for a KJW M700, but I've heard too many reports of inconsistent FPS's/shots, bad QC, etc for it to be worth $200+. All I've heard from rifleman is that it is "overall a good gun". Sent him a PM since he left out accuracy/range/etc. in his review.

I strongly recommend you get a TM VSR 10, not a HFC USR.

I got a HFC USR and i got to say you are better off buying the TM VSR10

That, or replace your HFC hopup with the TM, and I reccommend the PDI 6.01 barrel. Paint the stock too.

I own a HFC USR springer, sorry I have no info on the gas version, however I am interested because an sp170 spring is freakin annoying to bolt back with a scope there.

Got a message back from rifleman. Sadly he was not able to complete any of the accuracy/range/etc tests, and has sold the rifle off to Rob15.

Until we can find someone else that can tell us more about the rifle, does anybody know where else we would be able to buy the gun in the United States excluding Kapowwe?

Thanks!

"is it legal skirmish levels?"

Depends on your local site ! some sites allow up to 500 fps which is what this gun nearly puts out on green gas/propane.Not sure about power on 134a as I dont use it but probably around 350 fps.

"does it have a power regulator?"

No ,power can only be adjusted by changing the type of gas used.

"where the hell can i get mags?"

It will accept any mags for the TM VSR and in fact feeds better on G&P 55round mags than  the VSR10 does!

"are the irons useable?"

Yes they are (I currently use irons) although scope platforms for the VSR wil fit

"build quality?"

Very good,the trigger box is metal as is everything else you would find metal on the VSR.The only thing that is a bit off ,is the plastic stock (mine is black) the problem is just that the plastic is  very shiny (I always spray my Sniper rifles anyway so no big problem).

"and the obvious, overall assesment"

Absolutely superb rifle ,very accurate and benefits from taking all vsr add ons (mine now has a TN barrel and hard hop rubber installed)

Harder hitting and more competetive out of the box than the VSR series as it does not require the extensive and expensive upgrades the VSR does to bring the power to sniping standards!

the bolt cocks at very short throw and can be done with only a finger or two and even left handed players will find it easy.

I have had APS2SV(492fps) ,VSR10 PS(390fps) ,VSR10 Gspec (310 fps stock) and APS L96 (300 fps stock) and I have to say this is probably the best all round bolt action I have had with my upgraded VSR10PS being close behind.

The differance is the VSR10 took £300+ to get to that standard and at 390 fps where the USR11 gas took £140 plus the TN barrel and hop rubber so probably £170-£180 total and came 500 fps out of the box(£140).

I would definately recommend them although ,spray paint the  damn stock :P

I knew i had given my opinion about this before....................

at the top of the thread ;)

My USR is still going strong and very effectively hitting people at silly ranges.

Bin the stock mag and get some G&P55rnd mags though as they actually feed better

I will try and do some measured tests for you sap but I wouldn't hold your breath as our weather is unpredictable and it might be a week or so before I get chance to go to somewhere with enough range to test.

I use maruzen SGMs which are 0.29g in mine and they are perfect

Edit- cheers for the +1

I will try and do some measured tests for you sap but I wouldn't hold your breath as our weather is unpredictable and it might be a week or so before I get chance to go to somewhere with enough range to test.

I use maruzen SGMs which are 0.29g in mine and they are perfect

Edit- cheers for the +1

Hey, ever find time to do the tests yet 1st Commando? Thanks.

• 3 months later...

Any one got any new news on effective distance and accuracy-- also any one know what it is like on 134A as my local site is a 330 limit. Can you buy them in UK, any known retailers?

WGC sells it btw.

Thanks

Any one got any new news on effective distance and accuracy-- also any one know what it is like on 134A as my local site is a 330 limit. Can you buy them in UK, any known retailers?

WGC sells it btw.

Thanks

In my original test of the rifle it produced an average of 298fps on 134a, a tightbore barrel (6.03mm) would add approx 13fps - so about 310.

Archived