Realistic WA Slidelock....

r.ocelot

Something that I've noticed in RS 1911s:

When the slide locks back, and you insert a fresh mag, you should be able to pull the slide back and the slide lock would drop into non-locking position. That is not the case with most WA 1911s.

On a regular WA 1911, the slide would blowback just enough such that the slide lock would engage on an empty magazine, but not enough for the angled section of the slide lock notch to disengage teh slidelock when a loaded mag is inserted, and the slide is pulled back.

To mod your gun such that you can disengage the slide lock by simply pulling it back, you just have to remove the buffers on the recoil guide (not sure about plunger type 1911s...) like this:

IMG_0143.jpg

You would have to remove the c-clip, remove the buffer, remove the spring, and wrap tape over it (so the recoil spring won't get jammed at that part).

After that, reassemble, pull back your slide, and it should look something like this:

IMG_0144.jpg

Here's a video demonstration of the 1911 after the mod:

th_MVI_0145.jpg

(click the picture)

Another thing I did was to polish the faux firing pin, ala WA Wilson Combat TSG style.

IMG_0142.jpg

Hmm, if you want to be able to retract the slide on safe, I suppose you could engage the thumb safety, mark a line that's a continuation of the slide/frame gap, and remove the material that's above that line....I would be willing to test that out if I still had my spare MarSOC safety...

Archived